what are these cue sellers talking about?

jalapus logan

be all. and supports it to
Silver Member
I saw this moments ago in the for sale section by a fella hawking a Bautista cue: "this cue...hits a ton & the feedback amazes". What the f$%k is this guy talking about? I've seen people talk about cues "hitting a ton", but I can't figure out what the hell it means. And feedback??? WTF? The only feedback I need is if I see the ball fall. Perhaps folks are just struggling to say to buyers that they are really just selling a peice of wood that has a few bells and whistles and has a piece of leather glued on one end.

Maybe I just don't understand new pool lingo. Perhaps it's because I'm over 30. Oh yeah, you'll never see me wearing a Hustlin' t-shirt either. Feedback...LMFAO...

Oh wait a minute, I think that I found a use for the above advertisement. I think that after I serve my wife the nice almond encrusted trout I've prepared tonight accompanied with a complimentary cabernet, I think that I'll woo her with the sweet entrapment: "hey honey, my shaft hits a ton, wanna see..."
 
I saw this moments ago in the for sale section by a fella hawking a Bautista cue: "this cue...hits a ton & the feedback amazes". What the f$%k is this guy talking about? I've seen people talk about cues "hitting a ton", but I can't figure out what the hell it means. And feedback??? WTF? The only feedback I need is if I see the ball fall. Perhaps folks are just struggling to say to buyers that they are really just selling a peice of wood that has a few bells and whistles and has a piece of leather glued on one end.

Maybe I just don't understand new pool lingo. Perhaps it's because I'm over 30. Oh yeah, you'll never see me wearing a Hustlin' t-shirt either. Feedback...LMFAO...

Oh wait a minute, I think that I found a use for the above advertisement. I think that after I serve my wife the nice almond encrusted trout I've prepared tonight accompanied with a complimentary cabernet, I think that I'll woo her with the sweet entrapment: "hey honey, my shaft hits a ton, wanna see..."

you figured out the for sale /wanted marketing schemes:grin:
ill leave it to your wife if you were honest in your advertising:grin:
this is in jest no offence intended
 
Last edited:
I saw this moments ago in the for sale section by a fella hawking a Bautista cue: "this cue...hits a ton & the feedback amazes". What the f$%k is this guy talking about? I've seen people talk about cues "hitting a ton", but I can't figure out what the hell it means. And feedback??? WTF? The only feedback I need is if I see the ball fall. Perhaps folks are just struggling to say to buyers that they are really just selling a peice of wood that has a few bells and whistles and has a piece of leather glued on one end.

Maybe I just don't understand new pool lingo. Perhaps it's because I'm over 30. Oh yeah, you'll never see me wearing a Hustlin' t-shirt either. Feedback...LMFAO...

Oh wait a minute, I think that I found a use for the above advertisement. I think that after I serve my wife the nice almond encrusted trout I've prepared tonight accompanied with a complimentary cabernet, I think that I'll woo her with the sweet entrapment: "hey honey, my shaft hits a ton, wanna see..."
Answer me this,what makes a cue hit excellent?
Now before you think of your answer and type it,remember you said
that statement when you were selling one of your pool cues,that it
''hit excellent''.
So when you figure out why you used those words to sell your pool
cue,then you'll have your answer why they used those words to
sell there pool cues.
 
Answer me this,what makes a cue hit excellent?
Now before you think of your answer and type it,remember you said
that statement when you were selling one of your pool cues,that it
''hit excellent''.
So when you figure out why you used those words to sell your pool
cue,then you'll have your answer why they used those words to
sell there pool cues.

I like a man who does his research, well done. I had just intended on making some lighthearted fun of the phrase "hits a ton", whatever that means. Does your cue hit a ton?
 
My cue may hit a 1/4 ton, I can only stroke it so hard. Maybe larger guys stroke harder. :smile:
 
Does your cue hit a ton?

My cues hit balls.

When I list something in Wanted / For Sale I try to accurately
describe what it is without any nut hugger hype.

I also try to price according to what the current market is actually
doing, not what my fantasy value might be.

In this manner, when I list something it is usually sold within 1-3
days of posting the item as I'm there to sell it, not mentally
masterbate myself with it.

If more people would take this approach, the Wanted / For Sale section
would be greatly improved, and the same old regurgitated dried dog $hit
of:

GLWS
"if it only had a (fill in the blank) I'd be all over it
This cue used to be mine
etc

to needlessly bump the thread would make that forum a much better
place for those seriously looking to sell or obtain a pool related item.

FWIW

Danny
 
Last edited:
"Hits a ton" means it plays good.
"Feedback" is the vibration you feel from the cue in your hand and the sound you hear with your ear when you strike the cue ball.

You used the terms Bells and whistles. Yes I know what they mean. But they are just figures of speech like Hits a Ton. Feedback is not really a figure of speech but rather information sent back to you from the cue in the form of vibration and sound.
 
Hits A Ton is a statement that has already gotten quite old.
I enjoy reading that about as much as I like to hear Achy Breaky Heart when I turn on the radio.

Feed Back, on the other hand, (see, another figure of speech), is an important part of describing a cue. I like to hear that sound and I like to feel it.
 
I like a man who does his research, well done. I had just intended on making some lighthearted fun of the phrase "hits a ton", whatever that means. Does your cue hit a ton?


Mine does not "hit a ton". It does however shoot "lights out". It is not for sale though.


.
 
"Hits a ton" means it plays good.
"Feedback" is the vibration you feel from the cue in your hand and the sound you hear with your ear when you strike the cue ball.

You used the terms Bells and whistles. Yes I know what they mean. But they are just figures of speech like Hits a Ton. Feedback is not really a figure of speech but rather information sent back to you from the cue in the form of vibration and sound.



Just when things are about to get out of hand we get a rational explanation from a man that actually builds cues, and does it well. :wink:

Where is the fun in that? :grin:
.
 
"Hits a ton" means it plays good.

It wouldn't surprise me if this actually turns out to be the intended meaning, but still there seems to be some disparity between the words used and the action/effect which they seek to describe.

I mean you could just as well say "Hits a truck load of bionic penguins" and hope someone takes your words in the spirit in which they were intended.
 
I saw this moments ago in the for sale section by a fella hawking a Bautista cue: "this cue...hits a ton & the feedback amazes". What the f$%k is this guy talking about? I've seen people talk about cues "hitting a ton", but I can't figure out what the hell it means. And feedback??? WTF? The only feedback I need is if I see the ball fall. Perhaps folks are just struggling to say to buyers that they are really just selling a peice of wood that has a few bells and whistles and has a piece of leather glued on one end.
I have no idea


Freddie <~~~ never understands cue terminology
 
"Hits a ton" means it plays good.
"Feedback" is the vibration you feel from the cue in your hand and the sound you hear with your ear when you strike the cue ball.

You used the terms Bells and whistles. Yes I know what they mean. But they are just figures of speech like Hits a Ton. Feedback is not really a figure of speech but rather information sent back to you from the cue in the form of vibration and sound.

But Chris when the description is used to describe two completely different feeling cues, then that speaks to the OP's question and the consumer's confusion.

I mean honestly I have no idea what these terms are supposed to mean given the use of them in both ads and in player review/endorsements.

Freddie <~~~ hits like a 16 lb bowling ball
 
It means they've bought a turkey and want to sell it for even more than they paid for it, which was exorbitant to begin with.

I'm sure buyers will stop being mugs one day.

I always like the "this is the best cue I've ever played with" approach. Which is why it's for sale, obviously. :rolleyes: Another goody is "I could be persuaded to sell it" - which translates into "I'll snatch your hand off".
 
"Hits a ton" means it plays good.
"Feedback" is the vibration you feel from the cue in your hand and the sound you hear with your ear when you strike the cue ball.

You used the terms Bells and whistles. Yes I know what they mean. But they are just figures of speech like Hits a Ton. Feedback is not really a figure of speech but rather information sent back to you from the cue in the form of vibration and sound.

You're so serious Chris.........

Kim
 
ton

It's a lot like this write up for a taylor made golf club. Read this closely and see if you can separate the BS sales double talk and babble from the real facts.

This club probably hits a ton also.

"The RocketBallz Tour Driver features a 460cc titanium head with the advanced Flight Control Technology (FCT), which lets you adjust loft +/- 1.5 degrees and face angle +/-3 degrees. The Thick-Thin Crown and aerodynamic head design lowers the CG for higher launches and longer distances, while the Inverted Cone clubface technology adds forgiveness and enhances speed. The white crown and black face reduce glare and make alignment easy. The slime green accents give it an edgy look. The Tour model has a smaller address size to create a penetrating trajectory and neutral flight bias with a heavier and stiffer shaft for greater stability."

LOL

I have added my own rendition of this add but with a pool offset........... see if any of it sounds like something you have heard before....

I am manufacturing a new shaft called the Rocket Ballz Gran Tourismo. It features a dog scrotum tip with advanced Roll Control Technology (RCT). It lets you adjust english from 5 deg to 89 deg of cue ball circumference. The Zero Mass Ferrule (ZMF) has a weight of nothing at all. It is made out of air. This results in zero deflection. The ultra thin tip has an inverted cone infrastructure that adds off center forgiveness and enhances off tip acceleration. The burnt puce dyed shaft give it an edgy look. The butt taper has a incoherent divergent center that adds to a penetrating trajectory on every shot. Adding the long neutral biased shaft gives a stiffer hit and greater stability.

LOL

Kim
 
Last edited:
Whammo, the only hype there is their funny names for the attributes of the club. Must be an interesting looking club if one can adjust the loft.

To me "hits a ton " means a very solid hit. Unlike the willow branches like Meuccis, etc. Just my opinion.
 
It's a lot like this write up for a taylor made golf club. Read this closely and see if you can separate the BS sales double talk and babble from the real facts.

This club probably hits a ton also.

"The RocketBallz Tour Driver features a 460cc titanium head with the advanced Flight Control Technology (FCT), which lets you adjust loft +/- 1.5 degrees and face angle +/-3 degrees. The Thick-Thin Crown and aerodynamic head design lowers the CG for higher launches

I have added my own rendition of this add but with a pool offset........... see if any of it sounds like something you have heard before....

I am manufacturing a new shaft called the Rocket Ballz Gran Tourismo. It features a dog scrotum tip with advanced Roll Control Technology (RCT). It lets you adjust english from 5 deg to 89 deg of cue ball circumference. The Zero Mass Ferrule (ZMF) has a weight of nothing at all. It is made out of air. This results in zero deflection. The ultra thin tip has an inverted cone infrastructure that adds off center forgiveness and enhances off tip acceleration. The burnt puce dyed shaft give it an edgy look. The butt taper has a incoherent divergent center that adds to a penetrating trajectory on every shot. Adding the long neutral biased shaft gives a stiffer hit and greater stability.

LOL

Kim


You have inspired me to once again offer, on a limited basis only, my new and improved cue tip that is made of 17 laminated layers of the left butt cheek of a red marmoset. My proprietary salt curing process makes the playing characteristics of this tip unparalleled in terms of accuracy and quality. Additionally, this tip is on the bleeding edge of scientific advancement, as I have incorporated the latest wireless technology to enhance user experience. Let me tell you that no only does it play great, but it tastes great as well! What more can you ask for? To make this more attractive to prospective buyers, it is attractively priced at a mere $10 for the tip plus $299.99 for shipping and handling, which includes packaging in a teriyaki/brine solution and vacuum sealed for freshness.

Watch for more outstanding new products that include my new G-Spot Series Ultra Supremo Marvelito Anti-Gravity laminated shaft line. They are ribbed for pleasure and best of all, they are Kosher! Pricing to be determined...
 
Back
Top