What center cueball has done for "The Blade"Stevie Moore

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What a damnable shame. I guess the AZB mythology engine can run full tilt now without Patrick here to bring some semblance of reality back into the discussions.

Jim

Okay, Jim, I will dismiss myself from further posting in this thread. I thought my posts were being received quite well. Mr. Wilson is probably hawking my presentation of myth.

What a damn shame that I can't make it through a series of lessons without interference.

I have lots to offer and I am certain of that. So, I am done for awhile. It happens every time.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member
I actually liked pj and will miss his sophisticated banter. It's because of him that I had to learn this Touch Of Inside system inside and out. He really liked when I "forgot" to preface the word "perceived" before margin of error concerning the 3Part Pocket System. I'm imagining it was just rhetorical.

He prefered thinking of TOI as having a "superior pocket acceptance angle," or something like that. I forgot to ask him, and I guess we won't be hanging out together any time soon.
:frown:

rhetriang.gif

CJ-
i would have never expected from you to *be a hater*. Just from chatting here and there, discussing a bit i m already pretty sure that that never would be your *nature*.

I repeat myself: Some guys here just would have to think a bit more about respect. To have a different opinion is positive for every discussion-always! As long you don t get stubborn and rigid. It just widens our horizon!

Have a smooth stroke CJ :)

lg from overseas,

Ingo

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member
Okay, Jim, I will dismiss myself from further posting in this thread. I thought my posts were being received quite well. Mr. Wilson is probably hawking my presentation of myth.

What a damn shame that I can't make it through a series of lessons without interference.

I have lots to offer and I am certain of that. So, I am done for awhile. It happens every time.

Stan Shuffett

Well Stan,

YOU would be for sure someone, where i would LOVE to spend time with- discussing, hearing how you transfer things, how you explain- and of course: How you teach Pro1 in person :)

Go on with your good work- i am very curious about your 2nd DVD.

lg from overseas and with tons of respect,

Ingo

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well Stan,

YOU would be for sure someone, where i would LOVE to spend time with- discussing, hearing how you transfer things, how you explain- and of course: How you teach Pro1 in person :)

Go on with your good work- i am very curious about your 2nd DVD.

lg from overseas and with tons of respect,

Ingo

Today's one the days where I thought, I will just get a little heavy into the system.
But NO.
It does not seem to matter, it is almost impossible to develop continuity in presenting system lessons.
I had my nose open there for awhile.

Sometimes I just do not know why any one would want to try and instruct on a forum.

I have tried and I do not care for the attacks no matter what form they come in.

Instructing and learning should be lots of fun.

Derailed once again,

Stan Shuffett

Okie

Seeker
Silver Member
Today's one the days where I thought, I will just get a little heavy into the system.
But NO.
It does not seem to matter, it is almost impossible to develop continuity in presenting system lessons.
I had my nose open there for awhile.

Sometimes I just do not know why any one would want to try and instruct on a forum.

I have tried and I do not care for the attacks no matter what form they come in.

Derailed once again,

Stan Shuffett

Thank you Stan! I appreciate your participation in threads!

Ken

p.s. just reread this....it is a serious post! Not sarcastic... We are lucky to have Stan Shuffett sharing with us!

Redneck Jim

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Resist Discouragement

Noli spurios te contundere

Today's one the days where I thought, I will just get a little heavy into the system. .........
............................................ (snipped)

Derailed once again,

Stan Shuffett

dougster26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dougster26,

Since you know the visuals, try this with PRO ONE.

Set up a simple left cut to a side pocket that is also a dead bank cross the side.
Make the cut to the side just enough that your rotation must come from the inside or the from the left. ( for a right handed player. )

Mark or dot the balls. Ideally the CB OB will be a 1.25 diamonds apart out in the middle of the table for this exercise.

Now for the left cur to the side. Rotate to CCB from the inside. You may feel your left shoulder lead the way. Turn directly to CCB and shoot. Your eyes should have moved to the shot line. It is also ok if your feet moved as well during this visual sweep to the left.

Next, Same set up. Instead of turning with a visual sweep from the left, bend right to the shot or directly over and shoot a dead bank cross side. Your eyes will have moved to the right directly to the shot line. Shoot your bank as a stop shot.

Perhaps someone could diagram this out on table and I can confirm its correctness.

The visuals for the cut to the side are:

LCBE TO OBA
CCB TO ROBE
LEFT VISUAL SWEEP

The visuals for the bank cross side are:

LCBE TO OBA
CCB TO ROBE
RIGHT VISUAL SWEEP

**CCB IS YOUR TARGET FOR EACH SHOT.

Stan Shuffett

Stan,

I really appreciate you taking the time to try and help me on this. It will be a couple of days until I can get to a table to try this out.

I view these forums as people wanting to learn from others that have experience. One asks a question and acts on what they receive for an answer. I read most posts and I have gained a lot of information that has helped my game. I don't appreciate all the negativeness that goes on. For the life of me, I don't understand what pleasure someone derives from berating someone that is trying to be helpful. I wish the moderator would step in a little quicker but I know some don't agree with this. Must have something to do with 1st Amendment rights or something. Unfortunately it may drive people like you away from the forum and people like me lose out on your expertise and experience. A kinder gentler forum might attract more pros, unfortunately, we probably won't see that.

Thanks again Stan and also a thank you to CJ and Stevie and a host of AZB posters too numerous to mention.

Just trying to be the best I can be at a game I love

Dougster

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Pro1

This is Pocket Billiard Champion Stevie Moore's thread about what center cueball has done for his game.

Let the other off-topics end.

We've got another pro player posting in the forums now and while he isn't completely new to the forums he's got something to say about center cueball and I'm sure if we treat him with a modicum of respect he will provide more than we ever thought.

I see that world class pocket billiard instructor Stan Shuffett is also visiting the thread. It's always great to have Stan visit and let's make sure he stays around this time.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When we have the same conversation over and over...year after year.
It isn't a war of attrition, where he gets to break my will down. Calling these people who come here to share, sell, give...I don't care how they phrase it, liars and crooks and snake oil salesmen..etc Goes way past opinion. Right on into rule breaking. How many warnings were given? Many, I assure you.
As to alias part..I have tools that I use to check these things. sometimes they work, sometimes they don't.
While there are people who are certainly back on AZB having snuck back in...they will eventually revert to form and once discovered..be banned again. If someone becomes a big enough PITA an email to their service provider can ( and will ) bring that to a halt.

If someone ( on rare, very rare ) occasion gets Mike to overturn my decision to ban them..it is a reprieve.

What is it they have to offer the board that out weighs the negative aspects of their presence?
PJ isn't dumb and my stance toward him isn't personal. This is the sole reason that he has been allowed to return in the past and that his ban wasn't permanent this time.
I don't believe he's disingenuous in that he'd prefer to sneak at all.
He want's people to know what he thinks and to know it is his opinion.
That portion is honorable.

As for the guys who sneak back, if I catch them, they are banned. They are forced to remain anonymous. If they had / have any strong character, what fun is that for them? Like I said, they revert to form and are removed....again and again.

Just like fishing..will I catch them all? Some escape. Some don't take the bait. Some get wary of the fisherman and stay away.

Some......I even put back where others get fried.

OK, thanks for your considered reply. And you're probably right about him being honorable. (I might even agree that he went overboard and was a bit too zealous this last go-around.) What PJ cares about, IMO, are the facts, and it's tough for him to let claims that he sees as clear falsehoods and bad science go unchallenged. That his typical delivery is classic "don't suffer fools well" does not help his case.

Clearly, PJ's sentence is your call. Thanks again for the thoughtful response.

Lou Figueroa

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OK, thanks for your considered reply. And you're probably right about him being honorable. (I might even agree that he went overboard and was a bit too zealous this last go-around.) What PJ cares about, IMO, are the facts, and it's tough for him to let claims that he sees as clear falsehoods and bad science go unchallenged. That his typical delivery is classic "don't suffer fools well" does not help his case.

Clearly, PJ's sentence is your call. Thanks again for the thoughtful response.

Lou Figueroa

Oh, but PJ was challenged. You probably missed those posts. PJ declined my offers to debate and he had 2/1 on the money.

There are no falsehoods concerning CTE PRO ONE nor is there any bad science.

Your comments to Mr. Wilson are another example of an attack upon my work. You slick those words in there with yet another one of your classic spins.

I will invite Mr. Wilson to view my work and should he see any falsehoods or bad science I will permanently ban myself.

Stan Shuffett

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Philosophum barba facet, no barba philosophum facet....

Jaden

I did not take Latin, but there is Google.

I shaved off my beard long ago.

People kept taking me for a college professor & kept scolding me for drinking so much beer with my students.:wink:

Best to You &

Last edited:

Gerry Williams

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have had great success with Pro One, gets me in line as the system is supposed to.

Don't know why some people feel they need to be the gatekeeper and challenge things they clearly do not understand or dismiss them without the proper effort.

Stan has been the most helpful person I have ever engaged with - so much so that I am traveling to Kentucky to work even more with him…and not because the DVD was incomplete - so please don't take that angle.

Keep up the great work Stan - don't let a few ruin it for the many!

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for your encouragement!

Ratta, Dougster26, mristea, Redneck Jim,
JoeyA, English, Gerry, and Okie.

I appreciate your positive comments!

Stan Shuffett

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Ratta, Dougster26, mristea, Redneck Jim,
JoeyA, English, Gerry, and Okie.

I appreciate your positive comments!

Stan Shuffett

Mr. Stan,

You are more than welcome. I have a totally open mind & am intrigue even though I have a limited understanding of CTE & must wait til I finish my individual money league to perhaps pursue it & I am more into CJ's TOI at this time.

The more I read the more I am intrigued.

Best Regards & Wishes to You &

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh, but PJ was challenged. You probably missed those posts. PJ declined my offers to debate and he had 2/1 on the money.

There are no falsehoods concerning CTE PRO ONE nor is there any bad science.

Your comments to Mr. Wilson are another example of an attack upon my work. You slick those words in there with yet another one of your classic spins.

I will invite Mr. Wilson to view my work and should he see any falsehoods or bad science I will permanently ban myself.

Stan Shuffett

1. With an unbiased jury (and not your toadies here) PJ would slice you to ribbons in a debate. But, alas, he is no longer here. You should be a better person than to attack him when he cannot be here to defend himself.

2. Personally, I have seen your DVD, posted my review, and am completely unimpressed with with your theories. (Lots of guys who bought your DVD wanted refunds, but you refused.)

3. My comments to Wilson were not an attack on anything. They were a general comment on PJ's participation on AZ. (Guess my comments hit to close too home ;-)

4. I don't know about Wilson but any number of other guys here have already posted plenty about the "bad science" involved with CTE.

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

Mr. Wilson

El Kabong
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm going to reiterate here...guys, I'm not playing.

Toadies etal.

I given several people time off the board and there is still time left in the day.
If you want to carry on a civil discussion, proceed.
If you wish to argue, proceed with extreme caution.

Lou, my most sincere advice to you is to stow it. Like PJ, we've had plenty of discussion for you to understand exactly where the line is and you are toeing that line. How far over do you think I should let you go ( again ) ?

I don't think it would be wise to test it.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
1. With an unbiased jury (and not your toadies here) PJ would slice you to ribbons in a debate. But, alas, he is no longer here. You should be a better person than to attack him when he cannot be here to defend himself.

2. Personally, I have seen your DVD, posted my review, and am completely unimpressed with with your theories. (Lots of guys who bought your DVD wanted refunds, but you refused.)

3. My comments to Wilson were not an attack on anything. They were a general comment on PJ's participation on AZ. (Guess my comments hit to close too home ;-)

4. I don't know about Wilson but any number of other guys here have already posted plenty about the "bad science" involved with CTE.

Lou Figueroa

1. Not true. PJ knows virtually nothing about real CTE.

2. Your history is clear for any one to see concerning CTE. There may have been 3 that requested a refund and 1 or 2 of them were just a naysayer strategy at the time.

3. Another opportunity for you to be negative toward my work.

4. You do not understand real CTE either so you do not know whether it's bad science or not.

Your little playhouse is tumbling down and down and it's going to get a lot worse.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited: