What colour for my pool room?

Sarnia Shorty

He's going to the bag
Silver Member
I am finally getting some new tournament blue simonis on my table. My room is currently a pukey green colour and I am going to throw on some fresh paint when the new cloth is put on.

I have always thought I wanted the room to be a dark colour but I can;t decide on which one. After seeing one of the "custom room threads" on here I realized I really like the red that one of the guys used. You guys got any suggestions on colours to go with the new simonis? I am severly colour blind so picked colours has never been my specialty.:sorry:

West Point 1987

On the Hill, Out of Gas
Silver Member
Black...but seriously, pastel colors, especially blue are noted for their relaxing effect. Royal blue would look nice, burgundy is a very classy color, Hunter Green is classy too, if you want a dark color. Red would be too much, IMHO.

eddie0776

Bishop Cues
Silver Member
Benjamin Moore ebony slate 2118-30.

http://m.benjaminmoore.com/paint-colors/color/ebony-slate

You wanted dark.....GREAT looking gray; don't do reds, cranberries, maroons, etc.

Real close to the same color I got for my room. The guy at the store looked at me a little funny when I told him flat and dark. I had someone suggest to paint the ceiling the same color and I am seriously thinking about doing it. Once I get the room done I will post pics in the show us your room thread.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like pale yellow. But once you choose the yellow you want, go a shade or 2 lighter...TRUST ME!:mad: I didn't!

Last edited:

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
During sex, one morning, (I was working the night shift then) my first wife suggested that I paint the ceiling in our bedroom, beige.
Several years later my second wife made the same suggestion.
A couple of years after that my third wife agreed with the first two.
I'd go with the beige, if I were you. It seems to be a very popular color. :)

JoeW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Depends, do you want to keep your wife in or out of the room? What colors does she like?

Personally I like a dark room with the table light as the main source. The rest of the room is shaded. Like a night club or old time pool room. Some people want to play in a basketball arena some like the night club. Decisions decisions.

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member
Mine is a dark chocolate brown; looks great with Tournament Blue. Blue and brown has always been one of my favorite color combinations.

Josh

Revlucjl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Billiard room color

To not be distracted by light or bright colored walls, I would choose a medium to a darker gray...maybe even a gun metal gray---with a tinge of blue. Sort of a blue gray slate.
wouldn't want the walls to be reflective either. Should be flat or eggshell.

Last edited:

Slasher

KE = 0.5 • m • v2
Silver Member
I know it's not just painted but I always liked the look of this room.

13535108021.jpg

Cdryden

Pool Addict
Silver Member
I am finally getting some new tournament blue simonis on my table. My room is currently a pukey green colour and I am going to throw on some fresh paint when the new cloth is put on.

I have always thought I wanted the room to be a dark colour but I can;t decide on which one. After seeing one of the "custom room threads" on here I realized I really like the red that one of the guys used. You guys got any suggestions on colours to go with the new simonis? I am severly colour blind so picked colours has never been my specialty.:sorry:

Personally I would stay with muted colors, but that's just me. As far as cloth color I like the simonis blue. I hate the red cloth's. I really feel like they effect the way I see the balls and the red chalk seems to do a number on the shafts of my cues. I would think that you may want a color cloth that contrasts the ball, does your color blindness cause you to loose the ball because they blend in with the cloth?

I'm not sure how you would remedy this, but i would suggest going to a billiards store and request to see different cloths with the balls on them to see which one suits you best.

By the way, hows that sign doing?

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

Sand and sea combo, Shorty....a light beige to go with your blue cloth.
Then you put up a lot of pool pictures and posters.

Sarnia Shorty

He's going to the bag
Silver Member
I already have the blue cloth Dryden, just trying to get a wall colour. I think I am going to go with something dark, I like the old school pool hall feel. Looking at some dark greys right now.

The poster is doing great by the way, once the room is done I will post pics in the "Home Rooms" thread, then you will see your handy work. :thumbup:

Cdryden

Pool Addict
Silver Member
I already have the blue cloth Dryden, just trying to get a wall colour. I think I am going to go with something dark, I like the old school pool hall feel. Looking at some dark greys right now.

The poster is doing great by the way, once the room is done I will post pics in the "Home Rooms" thread, then you will see your handy work. :thumbup:

Cool, dark grey sounds good.

foxcues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
here is what I did with mine

Attachments

• DSC01015.jpg
    DSC01015.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 225
  • DSC01016.jpg
    DSC01016.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 230
  • DSC01017.jpg
    DSC01017.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 245
  • DSC01018.jpg
    DSC01018.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 243

Sarnia Shorty

He's going to the bag
Silver Member
Nice space Fox, I am looking for something darker though. My table is oak, very light in colour, think blonde.