what do YOU do when....

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
You have a family member thats THAT guy at the pool hall
jumpin balls off the table
being as loud obnoxious as possible with no regard for anyone else but himself
Shoots the balls as hard as possible, never attempted to improve his game at all even though hes played for a good 20 plus yrs
Getn drunk and more loud cause hes got the money to buy as much as he pleases
He usually pops 2 off my table, and my garage has concrete and this was a fairly new set of super aramith balls
mine came by yesturday stumblin and I put up with it for an hr
first thing he does is set a few open beers on my table thats semi newly refelted sim 860

next time im not even opening the door

any of you have family like that?

Allen Brown

Pool Whale
Silver Member
You have a family member thats THAT guy at the pool hall
jumpin balls off the table
being as loud obnoxious as possible with no regard for anyone else but himself
Shoots the balls as hard as possible, never attempted to improve his game at all even though hes played for a good 20 plus yrs
Getn drunk and more loud cause hes got the money to buy as much as he pleases
He usually pops 2 off my table, and my garage has concrete and this was a fairly new set of super aramith balls
mine came by yesturday stumblin and I put up with it for an hr
first thing he does is set a few open beers on my table thats semi newly refelted sim 860

next time im not even opening the door

any of you have family like that?

After the beer incident is he still alive and have all of his limbs intact?

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is he your brother? If so, kick him out the house and tell him to grow up.
Is he your cousin? If so, tell him he isn't allowed to come over.

Someone ruining your property, family or not, needs to be set in their place.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Not ruining, just treats thing's like he treats his own table,
always been this way, yes a cousin and only by a grandmother
the beers were open, didnt spill over but I told him immediately to get them off
have to constantly remind him, thats 500 bucks
hell I have to constantly remind him if hes solids or stripes

just wondering if there are others who deal with people like these
ive developed alot of patience these last few yrs of having babies
I have a 3n 1.5 yr old daughters

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
Don't know about family...

not sure about having family like that.

You can ask anyone at Family Billiards this past Saturday what I do when anyone, family or not is being obnoxious, inconsiderate...:grin:

Jaden

Dockter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Brother, cousin, uncle, anybody but my mom or dad... I'm shoving that beer up his a**.

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You need to talk to him when he's sober and make him understand the rules in your home. If you don't he'll never respect you or your table. JMO!

Fenwick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
not sure about having family like that.

You can ask anyone at Family Billiards this past Saturday what I do when anyone, family or not is being obnoxious, inconsiderate...:grin:

Jaden

Or you can ask anyone at Romine's High Pockets what I did on the week of Blackout Wednesday, "the Danger of Thanksgiving Weekend DUI Accidents." It happened on Friday the 28th.

Ak Guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Talk

Tell him how you want your valuable investment treated. If he gets mad maybe he will quit playing at your place. It's a win win.

Cracktherack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cousin or no cousin, sometimes you have to be the bouncer. It's one of the little joys in life. If he doesn't leave bleeding, he may not have completely received the message.

Words are peaceful and soothing to the soul, but violence leaves a lasting impression.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When you hear he is coming over, put a cover on your table and pile a bunch of laundry on it from the dryer. Then if he asks to play, tell him the wife said if he helps you fold the laundry then you can play. Watch as he quickly turns to the tv and watches the NFL game. Problem solved.

:thumbup:

All4Moose

Moose
Silver Member
Give him a meeting list of AA, and explain he can't play until he has been to 5 meetings in a week.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
what to do

Generally when a male animal acts this way the first thing to do is a castration unless they are very valuable for breeding purposes. At a guess he ain't!

Hu

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Or you can ask anyone at Romine's High Pockets what I did on the week of Blackout Wednesday, "the Danger of Thanksgiving Weekend DUI Accidents." It happened on Friday the 28th.

Please do not leave us hanging, fill us in on the events Mr. Fenwick

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
First, go to ebay and get a set of garage balls for 9.99 and some awful ramen wood house cues, warped, bent, crooked and lock up your Arimiths and players and anything else pool related that's of valure when there's a chance he might come over. Next, get a couple of decent size tarps that will hang long over your table, these go over your table cover. Make a couple of small holes in them where they drape over the legs and lock them on to your table legs, next do the laundry bit. If he makes his way to your table, jokingly usher him out with comments like you haven't felt like playing in a couple of weeks and Isn't he tired of beating you on the holidays. If you have your table in a room with a door, when you get him to within a few feet of the door, turn off the lights and hold the door open for him, "lets get a pepsi" and just for good measure you might have an "alternate" project ready that you need his "help" with.
If these all fail and he makes it to your table, at least he now has the cheapo balls and cues.
At least that how I handle this at my house. I also make sure that my wife knows to call me and the unwanted guest to do something about 3 or 4 minutes after entering the room. She wasn't too keen on that at first, but the she saw the bill for new Simonas, she came around pretty quick after that.
Oh, one other thing, if your really cheap cues have screw on tips,you can always covertly remove the tips at the last minute. That takes care of it most of the time