what do you make of this cue?

Cheap rings does not a Scruggs make!!!

Avoid at all costs. Maybe a hundred tops since someone butchered it with crappy inlays.
 
Taken form E-bay
This cue also has the signature R Tims 05 which may be related to a Tim Scruggs-made cue

How do you get Tim Scruggs from this?
R Tims is probably the maker. I have no clue who this is.
Nice cue none the less.
 
I didn't figure it was made by Scruggs, I did think that if it didn't have the inlays it would be a nice hoppe cue
 
Since I was around so many Willie Hoppe cues, it almost looks like one/redone, but the butt diameter appears trimmed down allot. Almost as if someone found and ivory joint, some mother of pearl inlays and did their trim/and reboot. But like another said, it may be a form of Scruggs, tho I have no clue.
 
E bay

The seller doesn't offer returns...............................................
His customer satisfaction rating is tarnished........................................

Deal looks slippery to me, and most likely the transaction will not go smooth.

No returns is a major red flag to me.
The picture of the cue didn't impress me either and seems normal if some one was trying not to offer and close ups were the cue could positively be ID.

I wouldn't post this thread if I had any thoughts of actually buying the cue because I wouldn't want some one else or more people bidding on it too.
Which makes me think that you don't have any plans on buying it either.
 
No plans to buy, mainly I posted out of curiosity. Also if it was legit it's a deal that I was passing on to others
 
Just a hobbyist conversion. The inlays are pretty bad. If it were a couple hundred maybe. Not worth asking price.

You can always return a cue by chargeback through your credit card. I've gotten a closer look at a couple duds and warped cues that way before.
 
Back
Top