What do you want to see in SloMo?

SloMoHolic

When will then be now?
Silver Member
Well, here we go again! I've decided that it's time to put together another SloMo pool video, so I wanted to ask all my fellow pool players and friends which shots you'd like to see.

These requests can be a topic of recent discussion, something you're trying to understand, or simply a cool-looking shot that would rock in SloMo. I'll also consider equipment-related shots (template racks, etc), as long as I can gain access to such equipment.

Some types of shots are better suited to SloMo video than others, so I'll be focusing on the ideas and shots that I think would look the coolest, and/or would provide us with the best information.

For reference, here is a link to the first AZB Users' Slow Motion (AUSM) video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2gcgqUt00w

And here is the AZB thread about the various shots in that video:
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=307413

So, let's hear it! What do you want to see in episode 2 of the AUSM SloMo pool video series?

-------------------------------
Current list of requests:
-------------------------------

Shots I will try to film:
Equator shot
Force OB through pocket points (side and corner pockets)
14.1 shots: look dead but aren't / look off but are on
Bank with OB close to rail (looks like unavoidable double kiss)
Tip contact time vs elbow drop (none/before/after)
Cue ball climbing the rail and leaving table from too much follow
Shane's double-bridge jump shot
Pros' final stroke (distance, angle, elevation)
Vernon Elliot's reverse spot shot (OB reaction)
1P bank with OB near pocket point (looks impossible)
Jumping with LD cue (shallow and acute elevations) - multiple cameras
Extreme English (miscue limit) 1000fps+ (soft, hard, short, tall tips)
Amount of deflection on force follow shots
Wing ball closeups
LD Shaft deflecting off of CB with extreme draw and follow
Long shots showing deflection and swerve
LD vs Maple deflection (show in real time also to gauge speed)
30* cut shots with various English
Break - 9 on spot (1 in side / wing ball)
Break - 10-ball (make second ball)
Break - 8-ball (8 kicked into side pocket)
Jump shots with follow

Shots that probably won't make the cut:
Opponent's face on 9-ball slop shot to close out big-$ set
Contact comparison with different tips on same cue
Side swoop stroke (leaves the bridge)
Charlie Williams lining up a shot
Shanelle Lorraine breaking
Johnny Archer shooting

Last edited:

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Well, here we go again! I've decided that it's time to put together another SloMo pool video, so I wanted to ask all my fellow pool players and friends which shots you'd like to see.

These requests can be a topic of recent discussion, something you're trying to understand, or simply a cool-looking shot that would rock in SloMo. I'll also consider equipment-related shots (template racks, etc), as long as I can gain access to such equipment.

Some types of shots are better suited to SloMo video than others, so I'll be focusing on the ideas and shots that I think would look the coolest, and/or would provide us with the best information.

For reference, here is a link to the first AZB Users' Slow Motion (AUSM) video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2gcgqUt00w

And here is the AZB thread about the various shots in that video:
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=307413

So, let's hear it! What do you want to see in episode 2 of the AUSM SloMo pool video series?

Thanks for your hard work on putting these video clips together.

I am not sure if it has been recorded before or if there is any interest but it would be cool to see the rail rubber displace when the object ball is forced through it. For example when you are hung up on the point of a side pocket but if you shoot hard and directly at it the ball smashes through the point and slides in. This shot works on the corners also.

Saturated Fats

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very cool video!

I think some of the most interesting things would be to see 14.1 shots from the rack that don't appear to be dead, but actually are. Likewise I'd like to see similar shots that appear to be dead, but aren't.

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
How about a true side swoop stroke where the cue stick clears & leaves the bridge position.

Again getting someone to shoot is correctly may be an issue.

How have you been?

Best 2 Ya,
Rick

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
I think I'm missing something,,,,, is that a "super" hard shot? Not saying it's easy, but it's not difficult!

Yes, you are missing something. Kobi never said it was a Super Duper Hard Shot. He said that he would like to see it in Slo MO. I mean, that is what the Header of the Thread was Titled.

What Would You Like To See In Slo Mo?

Attachments

• Shampoo directions.jpg
    Shampoo directions.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 763
Last edited:

(((Satori)))

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would like to request a Shanelle Loraine break shot please.

Thank you.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 755
Last edited:

flash5153

none
Silver Member
How about the shot when you have a bank(OB is on rail,or very close!!) Cue is lined up so you have to hit the OB full and it seems a double hit from OB is impossible to avoid.

If you know what I mean?
When you look at the shot, it looks impossible,,because the OB is going to hit the cue immediately . But it goes when hit hard!!
I always thought the OB lifted and jumped the cue ball!!

Last edited:

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
3 videos showing tip contact time.

One video with no elbow drop, one with elbow drop after contact, and another with elbow drop before contact.

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
I don't think elbow drop effects contact time if the CB is hit in the same place for all 3.

What might be better would be the same cue, weight & balance point, with hard Samara, med Moori, & soft Elk Master tips for both center hits & with maximum english.

EDRJR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Follow

I'd like to see the cue ball climbing the rail and going off the table from too much follow.