what does your AZB username mean...?

sammylane12

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was just thinking, some people use nicknames, some people use their real names...

for those of you who care to share:
how did you come up with your AZB name, what does it mean... let's here some back story

Mine came from an email address that I used for about a decade lol
it was nineballsafety84@yahoo.com (which no longer works lol), but when I registered nineballsafety84 was too long

It`s my dog

ssbn610g

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
SSBN610 is my old submarine (USS Thomas A. Edison) that I spend over a year of life underwater on. The g I put on the end stands for gold crew as opposed to the blue crew. There were two crews for each Boomer!!

Al

madhatter44

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
madahtter

I had a live in girlfriend in College who was into embroidery. This was in the late 60's in Coconut Grove, Florida She had taken a pair of my jeans and embroidered most of the characters from Alice in Wonderland on them.
My favorites were the Hookah Smoking Caterpillar , The Cheshire Cat and Madhatter
Well, she came home one day and caught me with another woman( one of her friends). to say the least she was pissed and left slamming the door.
She returned the next day when I was in school ,packed her stuff along with my embroidered jeans, and moved out. Can't say I blamed her.
A few months went by and I was walking past a craft store and noticed some throw pillows with pieces of my embroidered jeans on them.
The only one left of my favorites was the Madhatter and I had to buy it.
I had it for many years until my son's dog destroyed it.
Good memories ..

DeadStick

i like turtles
Gold Member
Silver Member
Laziness on my part. My initials plus a car I sold back in 2007. Well not sold as much as I passed it's care on to a younger friend in exotic Istanbul. So, I just use the same posting name on all the boards I visit.

Pic of the car...a 1972 Porsche 911S.

Beautiful car. I had its twin, in Jade Green also, in 1970 'E' variety (mechanical fuel injection, mmmmm).

Sold it for $6K back in 2007, before moving to California. They're going for $25K out here now. :mad:

pacemonster

"Billiard" Mike
Silver Member
SSBN610 is my old submarine (USS Thomas A. Edison) that I spend over a year of life underwater on. The g I put on the end stands for gold crew as opposed to the blue crew. There were two crews for each Boomer!!

Al

Bubblehead........ :) 641B here

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
alstl in binary code adds up to 527. I came up with it when I broke Mosconi's record of 526.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Both of my Harleys are Blue. Pretty much my favorite color anyway.

My Buddy would text me and ask, "Whats Blue Hog up to"?

It stuck. When I had a tractor, trailer unit and was on the road, the one man company was registered as Blue Hog Trucking.

plfrg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
short for Pool Frog. Frog comes from my totem and also frogman from the SEAL Teams where I served.

Post First

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After watching numerous gambling, debates, fights and debacles I chose Post First..Solves alot of problems before they start..Lol

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bavafongoul.....it's an Italian slang term........it's not very nice but that coincides with my behavior from time to time.
When you say "Bavafongoul" to another person, it means...."_uck You" or literally translated it means "Go _uck Yourself."

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Prefer to play my username rather than texas express 9 ball. Actually, I prefer not to play 9 ball much, if at all, anymore.

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
Last edited:

fireball

mine is nick name geno jr. gave me back in my first stint with pool. It was because I'd light up the table when I started playing, but would burn out quickly and start playing sloppy and less focused. A different nickname a different circle of friends gave me shortly before I took a 17 year hiatus was bus driver, because I took everyone to school (i don't claim to have been that good...maybe around an A...today....what comes after Z? somewhere whatever letter that is).

West Point 1987

On the Hill, Out of Gas
Silver Member
I graduated from the United States Military Academy at West Point, NY in 1987. Pretty simple, didn't have to get to clever...;)

IrishToad

Registered
100% Irish descendant, so that parts easy. My first real GF gave me the nickname Toad when I was 15 for reasons I can't discuss in polite company ;)