What I believe is the most pure form of pool

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
No biker. I think between your legs is the dumbest place to put more than one horsepower. But back to pool, Biker 8 ball is the most inane billiards practice I've come across. I kinda understand these guys aren't poolers and the "honor" of what they believe is no slop and pure skill but obviously those ethics encompass only a minuscule portion of pool. I see bank pool as the pro version of that ethic.:p
Yer post are often times off subject and uh little rude - u know not much except rude statements and coward suggestions. come to MO and u will find out how comical I am crooked liner. bring yer wizard too - I have a horse that will win against him as well.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
Hi CJ, I'm curious when you practice 15 ball rotation with the ghost, do you take ball in hand after the break or just play it as it lies?
Harriman say's Hi to - Cuesports intornnational - and the woke media.
I agree .Not sure what Danny ment by pure.It sounds like he's talking about a game that one cant take advantage of.
I AM - particularly in the rack mechanics area.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
This is the only part of your post that I don't agree with. The rack may be irrelevant but, I believe ALL games have some degree of luck. In Banks, there will be times where you are cinching a bank, if that isn't an oxymoron, with little idea of where the cue ball will end up.

I suppose some would play ultra-conservative, but that defies the essence of Banks IMO.
Yes we create our own luck' - I was referencing the rack more than anything else. I am not surprised to read rebuttal - there will always be those who chime in about banks - who don't have the foggiest idea of what they are trying to argue about. i.e. alphadog

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
This is a subject I have been thinking about much as of late. I believe that full rack bank is # 1 for the following reasons - every ball must go clean and their is not much of any kind of politics with the rack (as in short rack bank). The two other games are the 14.1 challenge and the one pocket challenge, unfortunatley as I have learned if you compete against another opponent in either of these two disciplines the rack mechanics can be and usually are a major factor on the outcome of match play. Take example the 14.1 tournament match play, sometimes it is difficult to get the rack frozen due to conditions, which means at a high level of play the player who wins the lag is a strong favorite to get the first offensive shot. Even if the rack has been tapped after a few matches the rack can be changed with a little help, where as in the 14.1 challenge where the player receives say ten ball in hand break shots the rack does not really matter too much. Of course three cushion is the best game of all in my opinion, the rack mechanics probably do not like three cushion billiards or the 14.1 challenge in my view. Any thoughts?
The difference between a violin and a fiddle is the manner in which it is played.
….by the same reasoning, I feel players can make a lot of games the ‘purest’.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yer post are often times off subject and uh little rude - u know not much except rude statements and coward suggestions. come to MO and u will find out how comical I am crooked liner. bring yer wizard too - I have a horse that will win against him as well.
You might also have read I'm not a player. I learned enough in the 70s to get an overview and I've found that enough to build the craft on.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
9 years later? Wow I must have struck a nerve.
No nerves were struck - lol - but u did encounter a lightening bolt of truth. Also forum viewers saw u argue with Bank Pool champs - that was funny. The truth has no concept of time - yer either wrong or right. Thanks for yer end putt and Congrats on yer craft. U stated the rack mechanics still enter into the game in Bank, u were simply wrong. So AGAIN for those who are a bit slow - in full rack Bank (the preferred way to compete in Bank) the coward rack mechanics - cannot have any effect on the opening break - this is a constant. 99 years from now - the rack will not matter even in the slightest - in full rack Bank.

Last edited:

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No nerves were struck - lol - but u did encounter a lightening bolt of truth. Also forum viewers saw u argue with Bank Pool champs - that was funny. The truth has no concept of time - yer either wrong or right. Thanks for yer end putt and Congrats on yer craft. U stated the rack mechanics still enter into the game in Bank, u were simply wrong. So AGAIN for those who are a bit slow - in full rack Bank (the preferred way to compete in Bank) the coward rack mechanics - cannot have any effect on the opening break - this is a constant. 99 years from now - the rack will not matter even in the slightest - in full rack Bank.

it appears your challenge to jayson was accepted. looking forward to see some one pocket.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Dan's other thread got the lock put on it but check this out, all of a sudden he's trying to play big sets with every regular he's ever met. 10 yr old, 4 yr old posts, makes no difference to the Danny, hes making quite the legASSY of himself
Screenshot_2023-01-16-15-21-42-380.jpg