What is a good cue extender?

poolandpokerman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have had the Hager extender for a couple of years and love it. I mainly play 1 pocket on a 9 foot table and I use it a lot, almost never have to use a bridge. I had to have a case made with a 20in pocket to fit it. If it is not too late have JB make a 20 in pocket and you will be glad you did. Good luck, tom

whitewolf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a couple ques made by my brother Doug Patrick, of patrickcustomcues.com.

The shaft is longer as is the butt. Rather that some rigged after market product I would suggest having a que made with a longer shaft and a longer butt. This would give you between 3 an 4 inches of additional stroke.

Being 6 fooyt 6 and having a long stroke, I found these ques to enable me to use what little stroke I have to its most effect.

You can measure your stroke and have a custom cue made to the length you want without using some que extender.

If you like front weighted cues like me, it would be best to buy a SHORTER shaft so the joint is nearer the front of the cue. Then hollow out the butt so the weight effect is minimal.

Mke Capone made me a cue like this with only a normal shaft however. 20" forward balance point. Used heavier wood near the joint.

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
I have a Tony Ryan extension that was rendered useless in a weeks time. The soft rubber inside that keeps the extension firm to the butt of the cue started peeling backwards and before long I couldn't get any of my cues into it without the rubber messing up. I had to keep keep re-applying/repositioning the rubber each time I used it until I got so frustrated with it that I finally just tore all the rubber out of it. I should have sent it back. I can fix it myself when I find the right material to put inside of it. In the meantime, I bought a Longoni extension and I like the heck out of it! It costs more than the OP probably wants to spend, but it is just the ticket for me. I have never used a Hager extension, but they look like they would work well also (and they are cheaper than the Longoni). Heck, if it's good enogh for Johnny Archer (the Hager), it must be good enough for anyone.

Maniac