What is your good deed for Christmas?

Pidge

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What have YOU done to benefit other people this Christmas?

At my local pool hall we have 40 tables; 19 snooker tables, 15 English pool tables and 6 K-Steels. The racks we use for the K-Steels are pretty crappy. Plastic, the wrong size and flimsy as hell. I always keep a Magic Rack in my case but I thought why not just buy another 6 and give them to the pool hall? So that's what I did. So the guys that play on the K-Steels can set up a tight rack in seconds rather than minutes.

I know what you're all thinking...I'm the new Jesus. No. Just a guy that bought 6 Magic Racks! Haha

Merry Christmas everyone.
 
I don't know if they're really good deeds, thoughtful is what comes to my mind.

Framing one of the autographed posters CJ was giving out with his DVD and giving it to my pool hall to hang up, next to all of the other framed pictures of regulars and pros on the wall.

Bought a bunch of presents for people I know are less fortunate. Even if they were small, I think they were good choices. One lady has me walk her out to her car every now and then for safety reasons after work, so I got her the hottest Pepper Spray money can buy on Amazon. Over twice as hot as what most officers use in the force today, military-grade awesomeness.

I think one of the best deeds you can give, is showing people that you're thinking about them.
 
Last edited:
I appreciate the police in my neighborhood (South Bay area of Los Angeles). They keep things cool here for the most part and are good guys to boot. I went to the local sheriff's station and brought them two giant buckets of fried chicken. So when the guys were coming in off their shift they would have something to eat. I just wanted them to know that they are appreciated. It's not an easy job to keep your cool when some drunk idiot is cussing you out. And that's just for starters. :rolleyes:

I have other plans as well, but that's for later on Xmas day.
 
My wife and I learned of a family that has several school age children and their water heater went out. They could not afford a new one so we bought them one and delivered it to their front door. The husband is pretty handy so he installed it himself.
 
I can't imagine how difficult policing LA is, and not to mention the danger the officers face. And you know damn right they enjoyed the chicken too!

And buying a boiler for the family...well I don't know anyone that would do that.

Who knew AZers were so kind?
 
Not to post to the "If you foul...." thread anymore!!

I've done some other pretty good stuff but I generally keep that sort of thing to myself.

(-:

EagleMan
 
My wife is an psych nurse and the nurse at additions in our Health District.

She works with all types of people. Most years, they take up a collection and pick a family in need. And believe me, they get everything they need for a nice Christmas.

This year they didn't do that. Instead, they took up a collection and gave it to one of the Animal Rescue Operations. Those little animals don't have a choice on their lives and I know that the people involved in Rescues are often self funded with money coming out of their pockets on a lot of it. They do it out of the good of their hearts.

I thought that was a great idea for this year.
 
That must have been tough EagleMan. Shows great restraint IMO not to post on that thread! Haha
 
I don't have a good deed for Christmas. I consciously try to do a good deed or a random act of kindness every day that I step out of my home and into the public.

Watching the movie "Pay It Forward" many years ago had a profound and very positive effect in my life.

Maniac (not that I was so bad before the movie)
 
I am going to nominate Blue Hog ridr for the Honorary Chair Position of Head Goomba on the Executive Council of the Lock Society. I'm sure he'd make an absolutely wonderful new voice at the Council Meetings and come up with some wonderful new ideas to save the world "One pool player at a time"!!!

Does anyone care to second that motion?

Never liked "sloppy seconds".

Maniac
 
Pretty sure my Goombaing days are getting close to over Slim. These days, I prefer to be a lamb and blend in with the rest of the flock.

Never liked "sloppy seconds".

Obviously you've never been to a bike run before Maniac. Those were the days. I mean, those were the days were you wouldn't die for putting the old schwartz somewhere strange. Pretty bad when you have to take condoms on a weekend bike run. They take up too much room in the saddle bags where you could normally put beer.
 
Last edited:
Pretty sure my Goombaing days are getting close to over Slim. These days, I prefer to be a lamb and blend in with the rest of the flock.



Obviously you've never been to a bike run before Maniac. Those were the days. I mean, those were the days were you wouldn't die for putting the old schwartz somewhere strange. Pretty bad when you have to take condoms on a weekend bike run. They take up too much room in the saddle bags where you could normally put beer.

Actually, I've been on MANY bike runs. Hell, I rode my bike from Mansfield, Texas to Daytona Beach (for the Daytona Bike Rally) and almost got there in one day, and we would have made it if we hadn't spent so much time riding through the Civil War battlefields in Mississippi that beautiful March day. The greatest moment of my riding days was riding in the 4th of July Parade (with the American Legion Riders) in St. Louis, Mo. about a decade ago. Put chills up my back to ride by decorated soldiers saluting US (and the Stars and Bars we displayed on our bikes).

Sold my 2001 Dyna Wide Glide several years ago. Had close to 30,000 miles on it when I let her go. My other bike that I owned at the same time (a 2001 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500) had nearly another 30,000 miles on it when I sold her about a year and a half ago. At one time I had FOUR motorcycles in my garage at one time (along with a Skeeter bass boat). Back then, I used to put a tank of gas in my truck about every 4 or 5 weeks :).

Gee, I sure do miss those days!!!

Maniac
 
And ya know what, I love the history of the civil war. Yer lucky as I'm pretty sure that visiting some of the historic civil war battle fields in the US is on the bucket list.
Gettysburg is on the list for sure.

And Daytona Bike Week, I've never been but that makes you a non virgin thats fer sure.
 
And Daytona Bike Week, I've never been but that makes you a non virgin thats fer sure.

One of the highlights of my Daytona Bike Week trip was that one of my ridin' buddies snapped a picture of me with my arm around Michelle Smith's waist (from the American Thunder television show).

I've also got a pic of me with my arm around Janette Lee's waist, taken at a WPBA U.S. Open.

Pretty nice coup, eh???

Maniac (No more hijacking. I promise)
 
Last edited:
What is so bad about posting in that thread?

It wasn't bad posting to the thread. The good deed was sparing those with a different viewpoint than mine any further crushing under the immense weight of my legendary debating skills.

In other words....I WAS KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!

(-:
 
One of the highlights of my Daytona Bike Week trip was that one of my ridin' buddies snapped a picture of me with my arm around Michelle Smith's waist (from the American Thunder television show).

I've also got a pic of me with my arm around Janette Lee's waist, taken at a WPBA U.S. Open.

Pretty nice coup, eh???

Maniac (No more hijacking. I promise)

But...do you remember WHY you had your arms around them????

(-:
 
What have YOU done to benefit other people this Christmas?

At my local pool hall we have 40 tables; 19 snooker tables, 15 English pool tables and 6 K-Steels. The racks we use for the K-Steels are pretty crappy. Plastic, the wrong size and flimsy as hell. I always keep a Magic Rack in my case but I thought why not just buy another 6 and give them to the pool hall? So that's what I did. So the guys that play on the K-Steels can set up a tight rack in seconds rather than minutes.

I know what you're all thinking...I'm the new Jesus. No. Just a guy that bought 6 Magic Racks! Haha

Merry Christmas everyone.

That was nice of you. Well played.
We're having a Christmas party at our pool room for a few family members of the owner, some of the regs and those who otherwise have no place to go. I'm taking two turkeys, my deep frying rig for one and a roaster for the other. There will be plenty of food, Christmas spirit and pool for those who make it. I'll be the chef, server's helper and second in command washing dishes. =)

Merry Christmas to you as well, sir.
 
Back
Top