What is your PSR?

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just curious: who judges and awards a decision on the video and payout of the bet?

Lou Figueroa

Steve Lillis and Tommy Kennedy and Tony Robles Jerry Briesath Mike Massey. There can be more added for choosing a list or 5. The video that's produced must be placed on the internet for the public to view as well. These are known honest people that have no dog in the hunt.

I made about the same deal previously with Bob J. and Dr. Dave being the judges. No one accepted then for those two. Why? Cause it's a fricken joke that I'm operating on crooked stroke basis to make CTE work.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
Does Dan script and prompt your posting on the matter? You are his puppet it looks to me like.

I have a ton of work on video and if some sniveling weasle wants to sift through it all, they can find where I've missed shots, miscalled visuals and pivoting directions. I am proud of each mistake that I've made because my mistakes have paved the way forward.

If ANYONE thinks that my CTE depends on subconsciously adjusted strokes they're the purest of ignorant as ignorant can be.

What stupidity to say I have already lost the bet.

So if I move the CB a 32" left and the OB a 16" right. Then what is your line? Still 3/8? Still approach the shot in the same manner?

Stan Shuffett

I watched all of your YouTube clips a couple of years back. I had dvd1 years ago. The clip I'm referring to is probably only 3 yrs old. It's not the same clip Dan analyzed last year or whenever. I noticed it was not a 1/2 ball shot when I first saw it 2 or 3 years ago, which told me something else was happening in order to make the shot work.

Like I said, using that clip of that one shot, or the clip Dan analyzed, anyone could win your bet unless a blind man was judging it. But that's just one shot by one player, and it doesn't mean CTE requires such last second tweaks. You probably didn't even know you were spinning it. But if anybody sets the shot up and shoots for a half ball hit, they'll hit it short of the pocket every time, especially stunning it as you do. Outside spin is needed to correct this.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Whether I know or don't know is immaterial. Get visuals, set up, shoot, ball goes in! Who gives a sh!t about the rest of it.

So if the ball went in because of unconscious movements like maybe a swoop during the forward stroke, you're OK with that as a possible explanation as to how you get the multiple results from one visual?

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
But getting so technical gets pretty confusing, like standing at the front end of a car that is moving in a reverse direction. Is the "back" of the car now the "front" simply because of it's directional movement? Lol

Or is the side of a car the front when it is parked next to a motorcycle?

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I watched all of your YouTube clips a couple of years back. I had dvd1 years ago. The clip I'm referring to is probably only 3 yrs old. It's not the same clip Dan analyzed last year or whenever. I noticed it was not a 1/2 ball shot when I first saw it 3 years ago, which told me something else was happening in order to make the shot work.

Like I said, using that clip of that one shot, or the clip Dan analyzed, anyone could win your bet unless a blind man was judging it. But that's just one shot by one player, and it doesn't mean CTE requires such last second tweaks. You probably didn't even know you were spinning it. But if anybody sets the shot up and shoots for a half ball hit, they'll hit it short of the pocket every time, especially stunning it as you do. Outside spin is needed to correct this.

I don't set up on half ball, center to edge fractional alignment as you would. I use a CTE 30 degree visual which is daylight and dark. CTE is not a one line fractional system.
GOOD GRIEF!

Stan Shuffett

Vorpal Cue

Just galumping back
Silver Member
If CTE requires a subconcious adjustment for a subset of shots to be made, then all users must make the same subconcious adjustment to make the same subset. Examine the strokes of different CTE users and show how they all have the same discrepancy on those shots. It would go one step closer to proving your point. Might take a bit of time but go for it.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
I don't set up on half ball, center to edge fractional alignment as you would. I use a CTE 30 degree visual which is daylight and dark. CTE is not a one line fractional system.
GOOD GRIEF!

Stan Shuffett

I understand this. I'm just saying I followed your instructions in the video, and you specifically point out that it's a 1/2 ball shot. You even say it's a fairly objective aim point, and you demonstrate aiming for a 1/2 ball and fire the ball into the hole. So I, and probably thousands of others, tried the CTE 15 perception as instructed, trying to make it work, knowing we could double check our solution with the dead 1/2 ball line that you specifically reference. But that's not the ccb solution for this shot. It's thinner than a half ball. Maybe not as thin as a 3/8, but a 1/2 ball hit misses every time unless outside english is used.

Last edited:

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
If CTE requires a subconcious adjustment for a subset of shots to be made, then all users must make the same subconcious adjustment to make the same subset. Examine the strokes of different CTE users and show how they all have the same discrepancy on those shots. It would go one step closer to proving your point. Might take a bit of time but go for it.

Stan's proposed bet was to point out in video any stroke adjustments he uses to make CTE work. I knew of one shot in particular already in video. I wouldn't assume every shot and every cte user requires such adjustments. But the brain is a magnificent thing, fully capable of being programmed for anything, given the proper time.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

There's not enough video from different players to do that. There's not enough usable video from ANY player to do what you suggest. Not every shot on video is a candidate for analysis.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stan's proposed bet was to point out in video any stroke adjustments he uses to make CTE work. I knew of one shot in particular already in video. I wouldn't assume every shot and every cte user requires such adjustments. But the brain is a magnificent thing, fully capable of being programmed for anything, given the proper time.

We've covered this ground before, Brian. These kinds of challenges are silly for many reasons.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

No, my bet is to show that my system is not based on a necessity to adjust my stroke for handling various cut angles with the same visual.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
Or is the side of a car the front when it is parked next to a motorcycle?

It depends on your visual perspective I guess. So yes, if I'm facing the driver's side of the car and a motorcycle is on the other side of the car, I'd call the passenger side of the car the back side of my visual perspective. But such terminology is a petty thing to debate. :rolleyes:

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
Does Dan script and prompt your posting on the matter? You are his puppet it looks to me like.

I have a ton of work on video and if some sniveling weasle wants to sift through it all, they can find where I've missed shots, miscalled visuals and pivoting directions. I am proud of each mistake that I've made because my mistakes have paved the way forward.

If ANYONE thinks that my CTE depends on subconsciously adjusted strokes they're the purest of ignorant as ignorant can be.

What stupidity to say I have already lost the bet.

So if I move the CB a 32" left and the OB a 16" right. Then what is your line? Still 3/8? Still approach the shot in the same manner?

Stan Shuffett

I agree entirely that the whole of any work, which includes failures and successes, is what produces a quality product in the end. But I didn't suggest some ridiculous amount of a bet. I only pointed out the obvious already recorded videos that one could use to win the the bet. And I'm not pointing out miscalled perceptions or pivoting instructions. I'm specifically pointing out a last second stroke adjustment that makes this one shot hit the pocket. It's one example of exactly what you have proposed a bet against. Just trying to save you some cash.:wink:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Or maybe people cannot make the same subconscious adjustments and that's why so many have difficulty deploying the system...

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Steve Lillis and Tommy Kennedy and Tony Robles Jerry Briesath Mike Massey. There can be more added for choosing a list or 5. The video that's produced must be placed on the internet for the public to view as well. These are known honest people that have no dog in the hunt.

I made about the same deal previously with Bob J. and Dr. Dave being the judges. No one accepted then for those two. Why? Cause it's a fricken joke that I'm operating on crooked stroke basis to make CTE work.

Stan Shuffett

I don't think one side can pick all the judges for a proposition like this. It'd have to be like 50/50 from both sides and perhaps someone both sides can agree to for the deciding vote.

Lou Figueroa
can't wait for
the voir dire

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
So if the ball went in because of unconscious movements like maybe a swoop during the forward stroke, you're OK with that as a possible explanation as to how you get the multiple results from one visual?

So if the ball DOESN'T go in because of conscious or unconscious movements while you don't do as directed by Stan for the entire process, you're OK with that as an explanation for not getting off of your dead lazy know it all ass for not understanding what to do, yet continue this constant harangue?

This is why I said what I said earlier about not liking you. This disgusting continuation of words and actions of yours regarding CTE is beyond belief.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree entirely that the whole of any work, which includes failures and successes, is what produces a quality product in the end. But I didn't suggest some ridiculous amount of a bet. I only pointed out the obvious already recorded videos that one could use to win the the bet. And I'm not pointing out miscalled perceptions or pivoting instructions. I'm specifically pointing out a last second stroke adjustment that makes this one shot hit the pocket. It's one example of exactly what you have proposed a bet against. Just trying to save you some cash.:wink:

Are you so dense that you think my bet is about one shot that already exists on video?

If you think swooping is the mystery behind CTE then your
thinking is pathetically ignorant.

Stan Shuffett

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Or maybe people cannot make the same subconscious adjustments and that's why so many have difficulty deploying the system...

Lou Figueroa

Or how about after 20 years with you being one of the first to start this crap with Hal, you still don't know the first thing about how to explain it let alone making various shots with it. If your big mouth and pompous attitude was matched to the skill level of understanding CTE, you'd never miss a ball.