What would you do, my patience is running out

Smorgass Bored said:
At my age, I'd even settle for hair like THAT.....
Doug
( woe is me and my hair in the jar in the dresser drawer )

Better your hair than your head in a jar in the dresser drawer! :D
 
Smorgass Bored said:
Where do you work, in a CONVENT ?
Doug
( is it safe? IS IT SAFE? ) :)

How about in an OFFICE? and yes, I'd say it's not "office appropriate."
 
lodini said:
How about in an OFFICE? and yes, I'd say it's not "office appropriate."

I don't think Windows Vista is office appropriate. :(

194895522_eb7bdf424e_o.jpg












/hijack
 
Never Had A Computer Or A Job Before.... I'm A Layabout

Originally Posted by Smorgass Bored
Where do you work, in a CONVENT ?
Doug
( is it safe? IS IT SAFE? )


lodini said:
How about in an OFFICE? and yes, I'd say it's not "office appropriate."



No offense meant. I guess that I just don't get it. If someone's at work and shouldn't be online viewing and posting on AZB, then anyone that passes by might be offended.

Most posts here on AZB have avatars (I think) and if you're reading when you should be working, wouldn't you be sure that noone is passing by or looking over your shoulder ? Couldn't you (or anyone else) simply scroll quickly on by this avatar, before any onlookers could see or comment ?

I mean, it's NOT pornography...... it's more like 'cheescake'. http://homepage.mac.com/brons/Art/Cheesecake.html

Doug
( not trying to start a flame war, but just curious )
 
Smorgass Bored said:
Originally Posted by Smorgass Bored
Where do you work, in a CONVENT ?
Doug
( is it safe? IS IT SAFE? )






No offense meant. I guess that I just don't get it. If someone's at work and shouldn't be online viewing and posting on AZB, then anyone that passes by might be offended.

Most posts here on AZB have avatars (I think) and if you're reading when you should be working, wouldn't you be sure that noone is passing by or looking over your shoulder ? Couldn't you (or anyone else) simply scroll quickly on by this avatar, before any onlookers could see or comment ?

I mean, it's NOT pornography...... it's more like 'cheescake'. http://homepage.mac.com/brons/Art/Cheesecake.html

Doug
( not trying to start a flame war, but just curious )

OMG Smorg is starting crap! I'm telling dude... you are so...

Band.jpg
 
Smorgass Bored said:
Originally Posted by Smorgass Bored
Where do you work, in a CONVENT ?
Doug
( is it safe? IS IT SAFE? )






No offense meant. I guess that I just don't get it. If someone's at work and shouldn't be online viewing and posting on AZB, then anyone that passes by might be offended.

Most posts here on AZB have avatars (I think) and if you're reading when you should be working, wouldn't you be sure that noone is passing by or looking over your shoulder ? Couldn't you (or anyone else) simply scroll quickly on by this avatar, before any onlookers could see or comment ?

I mean, it's NOT pornography...... it's more like 'cheescake'. http://homepage.mac.com/brons/Art/Cheesecake.html

Doug
( not trying to start a flame war, but just curious )

I'll settle your curiousity... the avatars can be a bit dangerous, and you try not to open a thread when your boss is walking by. But normally the AZB pages look pretty inconspicuous from afar. Except for the GIANT picture of the half naked woman on a pool table. That's much more of a giveaway. It's not about whether I should or shouldn't be on here, or whether I am worried about "getting caught", it's about warning us ahead of time whether what we are opening is going to be a bit risque. That's all we were asking for.
 
I Seldom Post An Inappropriate 'ANYTHING'

lodini said:
I'll settle your curiousity... the avatars can be a bit dangerous, and you try not to open a thread when your boss is walking by. But normally the AZB pages look pretty inconspicuous from afar. Except for the GIANT picture of the half naked woman on a pool table. That's much more of a giveaway. It's not about whether I should or shouldn't be on here, or whether I am worried about "getting caught", it's about warning us ahead of time whether what we are opening is going to be a bit risque. That's all we were asking for.


I only have one more comment and then I'm out of this discussion... and I don't mean this comment in a smartass way, but couldn't someone AT WORK that is concerned about inapproriate avatars (or simply surfing instead of working) use this Option:

"You have the option to show or hide various elements of messages, which may be of use to users on slow internet connections, or who want to remove extraneous clutter from posts. "
Show Signatures
X Show Avatars
Show Images (including attached images and images in code)


Doug
( I seldom ever get caught doing what I'm not supposed to....... because I'm STEALTHY ) :)
btw, Rep to you to ease you discomfort at work.


.This links are workplace SAFE:
 
lodini said:
I'll settle your curiousity... the avatars can be a bit dangerous, and you try not to open a thread when your boss is walking by. But normally the AZB pages look pretty inconspicuous from afar. Except for the GIANT picture of the half naked woman on a pool table. That's much more of a giveaway. It's not about whether I should or shouldn't be on here, or whether I am worried about "getting caught", it's about warning us ahead of time whether what we are opening is going to be a bit risque. That's all we were asking for.


I thought there was an option to "not show avatars"... I will check.

I do agree that some of the pics, although not nasty are not work place appropriate. But sometimes I enjoy it. :o
 
OK, I checked.
go to the links button, select user control panel.

Once there you have edit options on the left.
Scroll down and you can turn off avatars or pictures or both.

Hope this helps..:)
 
Smorgass Bored said:
I only have one more comment and then I'm out of this discussion... and I don't mean this comment in a smartass way, but couldn't someone AT WORK that is concerned about inapproriate avatars (or simply surfing instead of working) use this Option:

"You have the option to show or hide various elements of messages, which may be of use to users on slow internet connections, or who want to remove extraneous clutter from posts. "
Show Signatures
X Show Avatars
Show Images (including attached images and images in code)


Doug
( I seldom ever get caught doing what I'm not supposed to....... because I'm STEALTHY ) :)
btw, Rep to you to ease you discomfort at work.


.This links are workplace SAFE:[/QUOTE]

I get what you are saying, and yes, there is the option to remove or block all images (avatars and embedded images included)... but that means I have to miss out on all threads with any pictures, even the ones that are legitmately pool related. All I am asking is that when it's just a picture of a hot chick (which I don't need to see anyway), that the poster warn us in the subject line. I don't believe it's too much to ask.

Believe me, I'm not a prude, and I am sure no one at my office is either... but when the original poster says "What would you do, my patience is running out", I think I am about to analyze some pool diagram with a tough shot that I might learn something from!
 
OK, That's A Wrap, Kill The Lights, I'm Outta Here

lodini said:
Believe me, I'm not a prude, and I am sure no one at my office is either... but when the original poster says "What would you do, my patience is running out", I think I am about to analyze some pool diagram with a tough shot that I might learn something from!


I'm not allowed to comment on this. Mis-Titled threads are Jude Rosenstock's Department and that's two floors up and second door on the right. Please call ahead.

Doug
( turning OFF avatars would still show the Wei table, pool diagrams and any pictures included IN a post )
 
Smorgass Bored said:
I'm not allowed to comment on this. Mis-Titled threads are Jude Rosenstock's Department and that's two floors up and second door on the right. Please call ahead.

Doug
( turning OFF avatars would still show the Wei table, pool diagrams and any pictures included IN a post )

And miss out on getting to see your big furry purple thing smacking dat ass?? Never:-)

I'll just take my chances, I guess...
 
lodini said:
I get what you are saying, and yes, there is the option to remove or block all images (avatars and embedded images included)... but that means I have to miss out on all threads with any pictures, even the ones that are legitmately pool related. All I am asking is that when it's just a picture of a hot chick (which I don't need to see anyway), that the poster warn us in the subject line. I don't believe it's too much to ask.

Believe me, I'm not a prude, and I am sure no one at my office is either... but when the original poster says "What would you do, my patience is running out", I think I am about to analyze some pool diagram with a tough shot that I might learn something from!

Let's recap: You aren't following the rules at your place of work but you want the rest of us to follow some rules you have set up so that you can break the rules at your workplace and not get caught.

If the boss walks by and sees a big diagram of a pool table with some balls on it will he assume that it's work related, or do we have to stop posting pool table diagrams also?

Wouldn't it be simpler for you to simply stop surfing the internet at work instead of thousands of people trying to refrain from posting something that might get you in trouble? If a girl in a swimsuit is going to get you in trouble I'd say you are on thin ice.
 
alstl said:
Let's recap: You aren't following the rules at your place of work but you want the rest of us to follow some rules you have set up so that you can break the rules at your workplace and not get caught.

If the boss walks by and sees a big diagram of a pool table with some balls on it will he assume that it's work related, or do we have to stop posting pool table diagrams also?

Wouldn't it be simpler for you to simply stop surfing the internet at work instead of thousands of people trying to refrain from posting something that might get you in trouble? If a girl in a swimsuit is going to get you in trouble I'd say you are on thin ice.

This has been a request by many posters over and over and there's a lot more to do with it than just work. People have children, and as many people have already posted, there can be people who are offended. (Even though I find it ironic that the same people who are offended by Jesus smoking a cig are not at all bothered by the constant objectification of women on this site...)

I have not ever said that I am worried about getting in trouble for looking on AZ at work. In fact, it's something I do during lunch mostly, so I am not worried about it at all. I would just prefer that I didn't open up a post to find a large picture of a half naked woman when I thought it was going to be something else! Why is this so hard to understand?

(I know no matter what I say here, there will be tons of people who feel the need to argue just for the sake of arguement... but surely there is someone out there who can at least understand where I am coming from?)
 
When I first moused over this thread to see what it was about, a little box popped up that had this written in it "I tell her over and over she has to keep one foot on the floor but she just won't listen." and what looked like a link to a picture. That's when I knew it probably wasn't safe for work. (But I looked anyway and darned if I haven't come back here 3 or 4 times since to see what's up.) I always mouse over a thread title before I click on it to see if it's something I'm interested in. Hope this helps.
Come on, you guys and gals! Surely someone understands, right? I thought I did there for a second, but it turned out I didn't. : )
 
I get where you're coming from iod.

Part of the concern isn't that the boss will see that a person is surfing when they shouldn't be, or wasting time instead of working... it's also that the boss might be a little more inclined to be forgiving if he sees a person is wasting time just reading about a legit hobby.. as opposed to doing something mindless and inane like looking at softcore girlie pics.

While iodini's boss might not automatically assume she's looking at girlie pics to get a thrill, he probably DOES want to feel like his workplace has a little more class than the local garage. Seeing blocks of text with tiny avatars looks like someone reading or at worst slacking. Seeing very little text and giant swimsuit pics looks like mental masturbation.
 
CreeDo said:
I get where you're coming from iod.

Part of the concern isn't that the boss will see that a person is surfing when they shouldn't be, or wasting time instead of working... it's also that the boss might be a little more inclined to be forgiving if he sees a person is wasting time just reading about a legit hobby.. as opposed to doing something mindless and inane like looking at softcore girlie pics.

While iodini's boss might not automatically assume she's looking at girlie pics to get a thrill, he probably DOES want to feel like his workplace has a little more class than the local garage. Seeing blocks of text with tiny avatars looks like someone reading or at worst slacking. Seeing very little text and giant swimsuit pics looks like mental masturbation.

Thank you soooooo much, CreeDo... you have made my day! :-)
 
Back
Top