What would you do(or be able to do) if you werent playing pool

NateSchoepf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is for those of us who are consumed by pool. I started playing 2 times a week and then ended up playing close to every day. I sometimes try to remember what I used to do before pool?? I cant remember what it was now? So I thought I would ask, what would you do if you werent playing pool?

me, I would be fishing and golfing more.

but pool is a great game and I love its challange.
 
NateSchoepf said:
This is for those of us who are consumed by pool. I started playing 2 times a week and then ended up playing close to every day. I sometimes try to remember what I used to do before pool?? I cant remember what it was now? So I thought I would ask, what would you do if you werent playing pool?

me, I would be fishing and golfing more.

but pool is a great game and I love its challange.

Having sex with my fiance.
 
hahah. yea man for sure. Id be chillin with my girl. ahhaha
but if the question was " what would you like to be doing if you wernt playing pool?"... well then Id have to say....

Two chicks at the same time!
 
When I was 16 years old, I KNEW my favorite place in the whole world was a stinky ol' pool room. The older and stinkier, the better.

I've had a great career through different occupations and a ton of money, but always went back to pool for the old R & R, until I realized where I was my happiest.

I knew by stepping back into the pool world full time that the financial and security benefits would not be there but it didn't matter.

AND IT COST ME DEARLY IN THOSE AREAS!!!

For twenty years I built, owned, managed pool rooms and in the middle, spent three years out there as a road player. For the last six years, I've run the Fast Eddie's Olhausen 9 Ball Tour along with Lewis aka "ironman"as my partner.

But in the end, was it worth it?

ABSOLUTELY, YES!

Because of one reason....... that is where my heart is! Not many people actually get to do what they love in this life. I consider myself one of the lucky few!!

Stones
 
Last edited:
Yeah I would probably be chilling more with my girl or whoever. Its hard when you goto the poolroom 3-4 times a week and you got about 3-4 girls wanting to hang with ya each week lol.
 
In the summer I pound the shoreline fishing for big ole' pigs. Winter time I live in the shop and pool halls.
 
It is scary how life consuming pool can become. Like most people I started to play once in a blue moon and after a while it became a non stop activity. Now, it seems like pool has become a second job.

If pool was to end I would spend more time with my girlfriend. However, I cannot imagine life without this game.

I have a compulsive obsessive personality and if I like something I like it a lot too much to be healthy really.

In the past I was obsessed with chess, later in life my favorite hobby became picking up women. Now I don’t care about any of this and just want to play pool.

My plan for the upcoming few days is:

Friday, After work call a friend and play pool until 2AM.
Saturday, 8-ball Tournament during the day. Movie with my girlfriend in the evening.
Sunday, 9-ball Tournament during the day. Cheap pool in the evening until 1 AM.
Monday, Took a day off from work so sleep a little practice for a few hours. 8-ball league in the evening followed by some games should be home by 1AM.

Do you think I’m over doing it? :)
 
Getting even worse at golf. I seem to get progressively worse as I work on my swing and try new things.
 
I would buy a drum set, learn to play my bass guitar, golf, go to MORE baseball games (Go Padres!), go to a few hockey and football games and get into a fooseball league (which I'm still debating doing).

If I didn't get into pool I probably would of finished court reporting school way back win and wouldn't of had time for any of the above.
 
I have an addictive streak for activities in me as well. In the past, I've played softball, handball, many different card games (love Pinochle & Canasta), chess, dominoes, ping pong, indoor shuffleboard, darts, disc golf, and horseshoes. I also spent several years riding a bicycle both as a commute vehicle and recreationally. Then there was the addiction to speed that still hasn't quite ended, just curtailed due to various circumstances. I spent several years collecting, driving, showing, and restoring cars (mostly Camaros). There were also a few years spent making and painting ceramics. I also like making furniture and other woodworking projects and have a desire to figure out how to airbrush better than I can now, so that is probably where I would shift my focus if/when I stop spending so much time at pool. Then there's always reading, computing, gardening, camping, fishing, and watching the boob tube to help fill in the dead time.
 
Back
Top