What's the best hitting cue you've played with?

Nitro Psycho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What is the best hitting cue you have played with? Looks are important to me, but won't make the shot, I am looking to gather information as to what the best "playing" cues available are.

Let's hear em!

Simon

Hierovision

Dios mio, man.
Silver Member
The best hitting cue I've ever played with was a ferrule-less Starkey. It was too short and had significant cosmetic issues, but the hit was sweet. Any cue I order in the future will come with at least one ferrule-less shaft. It haunts me lol.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wood... If the cue doesn't make noise when it hits (i.e. rattles or clinks) and it is about the weight you like, you will get used to the hit and be able to play well with it.

dld

I dunno...I had a cue from a maker with a W or 2 in his name and that friggin NOODLE was unusable. Any spin on the CB and I didn't know where the F it was going on the way to OB. I used it for almost 2yr, switched to a Diveney and I was a different guy within a Month.

So I say Diveney is the best I've ever used, followed by a late 60s joss- long term loaner- and Scruggs piloted sneaky- used as collateral and sold by leinholder:(.

TXsouthpaw

My tush hog
Silver Member
This question has no right answer though. Whatever feels best to u is the best cue out there. Regardless of price. It's all relative.

RADAR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I dunno...I had a cue from a maker with a W or 2 in his name and that friggin NOODLE was unusable. Any spin on the CB and I didn't know where the F it was going on the way to OB. I used it for almost 2yr, switched to a Diveney and I was a different guy within a Month.

So I say Diveney is the best I've ever used, followed by a late 60s joss- long term loaner- and Scruggs piloted sneaky- used as collateral and sold by leinholder:(.

I agree about diviney cues, do you play with the lake salvage shafts?

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
Seriously, the 'hit' has nothing to do with making the shot. It may give you warm and fuzzies, but it does actually nothing.

Tap, tap, tap!!!

Simon,
There is no such "magic wand" in existence that can be classified as the "best playing cue". It's all subjective to each individuals tastes and preferences. Besides, what's one mans treasure is another mans junk. Like DoubleD said, just find you a decent cue and get used to it. I can run a rack just as good with a $27 Rage cue as I can with a $1,000 custom. The only difference as far as anything goes, is that I have a small sense of PRIDE whenever I'm holding the expensive cue in my hands.

Maniac

Kim White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Poison

I play with a Poison AX3 Cue and Venom shaft. I've played with some elaborate custom cues, but in my opinion, nothing beats research and technology.

Falcon Eddie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have owned and played with many cues . I love the feel and hit of my Skip Weston. Dennis Searing makes a great cue for players. There are so many out there . Most of us have bought and played with many before settling in on the one that is just right. Good Luck ..

mosconiac

Job+Wife+Child=No Stroke
Silver Member
This question has no right answer though. Whatever feels best to u is the best cue out there. Regardless of price. It's all relative.
Aint that the truth...for me, the best I've felt so far is a Barry Szamboti. There are a few cuemakers I still need to try out though, but it's gonna take a really incredible cue to beat the Barry.

dr9ball

"Lock Doctor"
Silver Member
What is the best hitting cue you have played with? Looks are important to me, but won't make the shot, I am looking to gather information as to what the best "playing" cues available are.

Let's hear em!

Simon

As far as playability, I like my Jim Buss cue.
It should be noted that when you say looks won't make the shot, the cue won't make the shot either. That challenge falls on you and you can do it with a house cue or a $50k cue or anything in between.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
This one that I did not own.

Attachments

• Cue8.jpg
    Cue8.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 3,766