When aiming, do you ever get cross-eyed?

mattman

Silver Member
This has happened to me before and then again today while shooting at home. I get in my stance and get down on my shot, while in my pre-shot routine the tip of the stick/cueball get a little blurry from getting cross-eyed? Could this be caused by declining eyesight? I'm 41 and never needed glasses and was told at a very young age that I should never need glasses.

What else could cause this...tired...fatigue?

I usually just lift my head, focus on something further away then go back down. Sometimes I have to do this 3 or 4 times before the blurryness goes away.

Any real ideas?

Thanks,
Matt

NewStroke

Screamin Monkey
Silver Member
You could have gotten Mongolian Retna Worms. When they attach themselves to the retna and when they wiggle (they become sexually stimulated), it makes your eyesight look blurry. There is only one way to get these critters. Have you eaten anything that contained petrified Wooley Mammoth penis?

Disclaimer: I am not a doctor, but this may be worth getting checked out.

Rubyron

R.I.P. Smorgass Bored
Silver Member
This has happened to me before and then again today while shooting at home. I get in my stance and get down on my shot, while in my pre-shot routine the tip of the stick/cueball get a little blurry from getting cross-eyed? Could this be caused by declining eyesight? I'm 41 and never needed glasses and was told at a very young age that I should never need glasses.

I usually just lift my head, focus on something further away then go back down. Sometimes I have to do this 3 or 4 times before the blurryness goes away.

Any real ideas?

Thanks,
Matt

Sometimes. when I'm really tired, I get "Marty Feldman" eyes. I'll look at the object ball with one eye and the pocket with the other. Even when cutting a ball way up table. I think I'm onto something so look for my new aiming system coming soon. :eek:

Marty_Feldman_ameri_186080m.jpg

P.S. Hopefully this is nothing serious and you'll get a real reply soon.

TheConArtist

Daddy's A Butcher
Silver Member
Too long over the shot?

Exactly. I have a buddy that when he has a tough shot he never takes to much time over the shot. As he says once he sees the shot he is locked in and doesn't want to think about too much things and fires, and he always drills them.

3RAILKICK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Actually-

:confused:Yes. It helps me sometimes. I mean where you let the dominant eye relax and allow the other to come on line. So you have two angles of sight that give you a sort of ghost ball overlay onto the OB. Sort of like those pictures in the Sunday paper where if you stair at it long enough you might see the 3D picture hidden in plain sight. Helps to be tired or hung over Sunday morning.

I'm not explaining this very well.

It's kind of like the "light aiming' thing'-an interesting coincidence? but it may get you close.

I need to go take my meds now.

3railkick

Gerry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Any real ideas?

Thanks,
Matt

Matt I hope someone comes up wih a good answer! I'm 43 and I have always gotten a little blurry when aiming with my chin down on the cue? But, when I raise up about 4 inches, everything is ok, BUT, I play better with my chin on the cue....go figure!

Someone in the snooker world HAS to have an answer for this one!

G.

mattman

Silver Member
Matt I hope someone comes up wih a good answer! I'm 43 and I have always gotten a little blurry when aiming with my chin down on the cue? But, when I raise up about 4 inches, everything is ok, BUT, I play better with my chin on the cue....go figure!

Someone in the snooker world HAS to have an answer for this one!

G.

I've never been a "chin on the cue" player, always about 4" or so above it. I don't think my belly would allow me to get down on the cue that low, but I'm not going to rule that out. I also don't think it's too long on the shot. I'll say one thing, when it does happen, it happens on almost every shot during that particular session. Next time it happens I'll try to be more aware of the length of time I am down and proximity of my eye to cue. Otherwise, I guess I'll go with the mating retina worm idea I guess.

Bob Callahan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't have a dominant eye, so this happens to me sometimes as my brain tries to sort things out. Have you changed your stance in a way that might line your eyes up differently? Is it possible that one of your eyes has become a little weaker than the other and your brain is trying to compensate? You are also near the age when presbyopia starts...it's possible that might be the cause.

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The eyes are not in the right position.

Any real ideas?

Thanks,
Matt

Hi there Matt,
You are experiencing what many players do when they hit 40 to 50. We lose that natural ability and coordination that we had when we were younger. This is why they started a senior tour a few years back. This goes for the eyes with the body also. The natural coordination with the eyes and body can get off also so we don't naturally get the eyes in the right position but you can learn how to get them there.

Give me a call and I will tell you how to do this. 715-563-8712 My name is gene.

I have helped about 50 players that had the same thing happening. Most of them just quit player for awhile. When I showed them what to do the were seeing the shots better than ever again.

The last one I helped was Guido the cue guy from Michigan. He's in his 60's and had just about quit. Now he says he's playing better than ever. he even won a tournament last week.

Call me tommorrow after 1:00 and I will tell you how to fix your problem in about 5 minutes. You should be by a table when you call me.

Have a great day geno.......................