Where are all the Kamui Chalk Warriors these days?

Pangit

Banned
Does it still have "Magic dust" embedded?

I have to hand it to Kamui, their marketing department is top shelf.
:thumbup2:

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was really into it. Never minded the price. But it got too gummy and would get on the cue ball. Fast forward a bit and I was seeing more skids. That killed it for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I got to try Kamui Chalk a coupe of days, I said SO?. Went back to old fair true. Kamui is making it because loyal buyers purchase it.

Nice to have loyal customers.

Shuddy

Diamond Dave’s babysitter
Silver Member
I’ve seen the tests. Regardless, using .98 and 1.21, I felt like I could go 10 minutes without chalking. At home, I use Taom because it absolutely leaves less residue. When out and about, I use Kamui Roku. Is it better than magic chalk etc? I don’t know and don’t really care. Do I like the smooth feel of application as opposed to the more grainy feeling of magic et al? Absolutely.

EDIT: As a side note: I played snooker for 15 years before being forced to play pool. I don’t remember any of this *****y and pointless nonsense happening in snooker circles. No endless arguments about maple vs ash, blue diamond tips vs elk master, no talk of aiming systems. A fair amount of discussion regarding cueing, stance, shot selection. The biggest arguments I was involved in regarding snooker were about table conditions or opponents not following table etiquette.

Why does this happen in pool? Who gives a shit if someone wants to spend 30 bucks on a piece of chalk. I play nearly every day and a piece of chalk will last me a year, easily. Who cares if someone wants to spend $600 on a carbon shaft. How does it affect you? And if fundamentals are more important than chalk, tips, and cues, then why not spend time talking about those things rather than shitting on people injecting money into a sport we all love?

Last edited:

Pete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm still testing the Roku.

The piece has held up since October last year with 15 hours per week or more chalking on most every shot (50 - 100 shots per hour since I'm solo 90% of the time (only league and some Sundays do I play anyone).

Masters and Predator get to this point in 2 - 4 weeks for me...

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was really into it. Never minded the price. But it got too gummy and would get on the cue ball. Fast forward a bit and I was seeing more skids. That killed it for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Same here......

It was ok for games where I could clean cb/ob every so often, but it made playing 14.1 a nightmare.

Also, the felt and rack in general had to be cleaned way to often.

Nightmare for me. I gave three pieces away. No way would I do that to my equipment.

Jeff

FuManchu

Not a Pro Player
Silver Member
I am currently using Kamui Roku. Im using it until it runs out and then ill be switching to masters. Nothing spectacular about the Kamui to justify the price tag.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
It's all he's ever done. He drops some random topic he knows will upset or anger people and then runs away. It's a classic NPD/sadist methodology.

Yep, he does it all DAY long in NPR. So, we do appreciate the break now and again :)

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm still testing the Roku.

The piece has held up since October last year with 15 hours per week or more chalking on most every shot (50 - 100 shots per hour since I'm solo 90% of the time (only league and some Sundays do I play anyone).

Masters and Predator get to this point in 2 - 4 weeks for me...

If you like Roku, you'll love taom. I switched from Roku to taom and experienced the following:

Way less skids

Literally zero chalk residue on cb and felt

Way less maintenance to table and balls

It last even longer than roku (I've been using the same piece for about 10 months at ~30 hours a week). It's still less than half used. It will last another year at 30 hours a week.

Allows me to chalk every shot without chalk build up.

I love it.

Jeff

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do you seriously play 4+ hrs a day?

Is that home or out? And is it playing, or hanging in the pool room?

If you like Roku, you'll love taom. I switched from Roku to taom and experienced the following:

Way less skids

Literally zero chalk residue on cb and felt

Way less maintenance to table and balls

It last even longer than roku (I've been using the same piece for about 10 months at ~30 hours a week). It's still less than half used. It will last another year at 30 hours a week.

Allows me to chalk every shot without chalk build up.

I love it.

Jeff

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
They are with Glen chalking their Jackpot cues adorned with Bulletproof tips.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do you seriously play 4+ hrs a day?

Is that home or out? And is it playing, or hanging in the pool room?

Currently I'm playing 0 time.

I went to the table today and shot the safety shot on 8 ball from other thread but after about 15 minutes my back waz toast.

To answer your questions:

Before my rods and screw broke in my back I would run drills for 4 or 5 hours and then have free play (ghost play) for 1 set 7 days a week. Some days I would run drills/play 8 or 10 hours.

100% of my drills are at home.

80%ish of my ghost play is at home.

I do play in rooms ever so often.

I never hang anywhere. If I go to a room and there no action, I either drum up some ghost action or hit the bricks.

I would be glad to "hang" at a room if there was a room fit to hang around. I don't like bars and most all of the rooms within a two hour drive are rooms like bumpers etc...etc.

I miss the 70' and 80's rooms.....now ....lol...back then, you damn skippy I was hanging out until a game walked through the door. Back then most rooms had dominos, golf players, amos n andy, poker pool....on and on and on...

Today there and chit worth going for. Thats why I gave my phone number to several pros and said, "anytime your close enough to stop and play, you got even action with bum like me"....

As you can imagine, when someone that plays at the 690ish level tells someone that's 740ish and up they got action and no weight as long as it's $200 or less a set......

My phone rings without fail anytime certain pros are in Huntsville, Birmingham, Nashville and surrounding areas.

Most of them will play for $50 a set....I love it.

Oh, BTW, I'm retarded.....umm...I mean retired, so I can pretty much play all I want if I'm physically able to.

As I said though, currently I'm on the bench.

They told me recovery time will be 8 to 12 months before I'm allowed to bend over a pool table.

Jeff

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Pangit is a retired USN CPO, most of those folks like playing pranks on gullible young sailors. Like a Master Chief HM I knew who use to tell young HM in trading their assignment was to find a set of 00 Fallopian Tubes in the Balboa Hospital in SanDog.:D

Like the Scoutmaster spoofing young Boys Scouts to go find a Lefthand Smoke Shifter. Good prank to pull in National Park Campground.

Gullible you kids. Don't be gullible.:grin-square: