Where are Predator cues made, and does Lucasi cues compare in quality?

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
Tai Can, I believe they're based in Canton province in China. The same factory also make OEM for Lucasi, and SouthWest tribute cues (6 plus pointers from Taiwan)

It would be nice to know where cues are manufactured.....

BarneyCalip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tiger USA

I was at Tiger cues in Burbank California last weekend with jay Helfert and Dennis Orcullo.
We were given a tour of the factory by Tony.
It was evident he was proud of the craftsmanship in his cues.
I bought a cue with a LD ProX shaft with Black Onx tip.
The cue hits Great, everyone who tried it, wanted to buy it.
Going to buy another !!!

Barney Calip, (Joss West, Bert Shrager, Ray Schuler)

RFranklin

Ready, fire...aim
Silver Member
tiger

Tony Is The Definition Of Customer Service And Thier Shafts And Tips Are Great. Jealous About Your Tour. Can Anyone DO That Or Can Anyone Set That Up. I Am Going To Be In La This Summer.

Rain-Man

Team Deplorable
Silver Member
I'm a Tiger Dealer, and I can't stress enough how nice of a guy Tony from Tiger is.. I only run into him maybe once a year, usually at at the SBE, but he always goes out of his way to say hi and talk for a little, even though he's always packed at the Tiger booth.. Just a really really nice individual..

Rain-Man

Rtoron

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Judge cues for what the end product looks like and not by who made it. I have had over 80 custom cues. I had a $4500 Scruggs that was not made any better than my $479 Predator.

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am curious where Predator cues are built?

Are they made here in the USA?

I think I remember reading that the 1st generation Predator cues were made in Florida, but did they move their production factory to Asia after they changed ownership?

Heard that they changed ownership at one time, but I do not know when that was, and if the new owner moved the company to Asia.

I thought that I remember a poster saying that they are made in Asia, but I do not know any facts.

If they are in fact made in Asia, then would a cue company like Lucasi (for example) be making just as good of a quality of cue as they are?

I see that Lucasi cues are really high end these days, but were the older Lucasi cues not made just as well as the high end Lucasi cues that are being made these days?

Sorry for the mixed questions, and sorry if any of the info that I think I read about in the past is not true.

Thanks

They are made at the same factory, Taican wood.

MSchaffer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Judge cues for what the end product looks like and not by who made it. I have had over 80 custom cues. I had a $4500 Scruggs that was not made any better than my $479 Predator.

Random thought on an almost 5 year old post?

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can only speak to the Lucasi reference.
My Lucasi is 9 years old.
Still as straight as a cue can be.
The finish still shines and looks new.
There are no funny sounds coming from it.
Nothing has come loose or moved.
The Uniloc joint has never seized.
All that for $250.00

Play ability is subjective but i think it plays just fine.
I have hit with cues that cost a lot more and some hit better and some didn't.

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Most of my cues are made in America but I do have two Predators whose fit and finish is equal to or better than the USA cues. That's neither here nor there. What I find interesting is that busboy tells the OP to buy OB, yet his player is a Predator. What's up with that?

bstroud

Deceased
Yeah, I was thinking that might be possible, because I had a high end Universal cue (that retailed for around $1,000) that came with the Universal Smart Shaft, and I read that the Universal cues were made at the same factory that made Lucasi cues, and that was a super nice Universal cue with a really nice LD shaft. This was the cue that I owned at one time, and I read that they were made in the Lucasi factory (or the same factory that makes Lucasi cues).

http://www.billiardwarehouse.com/cues/lucasi/universal-un60-pool-cue.htm

The Lucasi cues, Predator cues and the Universal cues are all made in the same factory in China.

I know because I helped design the factory for Taican. One of the largest furniture manufactures in the world. Perhaps the largest. The cue factory employs only about 1000 workers.

Each cue make has different quality control standards within the factory. I set that up as well.
At the China factory quality control is relentless. A workers job is often at risk for not following protocol exactly. After every operation the cue is inspected and precise records are kept. Any cue less that perfect in sold in China or destroyed.

Taican has the ability to source and buy the finest wood in the world and have the most sophisticated wood storage of any cue manufacture in the world.

I did not design the Universal Cue but I did design the Universal Smart Shaft.

Bill S.

Thunder Thighs

I'm your Huckleberry
Silver Member
The Lucasi cues, Predator cues and the Universal cues are all made in the same factory in China.

I know because I helped design the factory for Taican. One of the largest furniture manufactures in the world. Perhaps the largest. The cue factory employs only about 1000 workers.

Each cue make has different quality control standards within the factory. I set that up as well.
At the China factory quality control is relentless. A workers job is often at risk for not following protocol exactly. After every operation the cue is inspected and precise records are kept. Any cue less that perfect in sold in China or destroyed.

Taican has the ability to source and buy the finest wood in the world and have the most sophisticated wood storage of any cue manufacture in the world.

I did not design the Universal Cue but I did design the Universal Smart Shaft.

Bill S.

Now that's a post worth reading. Thanks for sharing your insights Bill. :bow-down:

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In hindsight, I must say I have learned a lot from Justin threads. I believe he was of the school of thought is there is no such thing as a stupid question. He got on my nerves a bit, but he sure loved this place.