Where's Glen Hancock (Therealkingcobra)?!?

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Purest BS!

Does ANYONE know what actually went down? Seems like a massive guessfest to me.

My post was written to be seen as purest BS, in response to other BS! What Robin conveniently overlooks is that we have basically no knowledge of the original poster. To the knowledge of the forum, he has done nobody good or harm. Glen on the other hand has jerked around and screwed over many people over the years, often for shits and grins it seems.

All the years of history would mean something if they had been blameless years. Considering the number of people that Glen has jerked around there is no real wonder that most find it easy to believe that he has repeated the pattern he has shown over and over of taking on work then not bothering to do it.

I had a well known person in another field take me over the hurdles much like Glen does people. At an international event I called him a lying son of a ***** in a loud flat statement the first day of the event. This was repeated probably hundreds of times with the whole place rolling about him being called out. Everyone knew it was true other than the questionable statement about his mother! They didn't think the less of Jim, they already knew he was a liar.

Glen is a lot like Jim, his word means nothing to him, why should anyone else value it? Most of that $1750 was labor/profit so Glen was hugely paid in advance. He spent the money then had no incentive to finish the rails. We see that over and over on AZB. Pay people in advance, the work gets put on the side to pursue work that they will get paid for. If Glen has done the rails I would bet dollars to donuts they were done after this thread started.

The OP represents an unknown, most give him the benefit of the doubt. Glen is well known, we suspect him of following the same old pattern.

Hu

magnetardo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My post was written to be seen as purest BS, in response to other BS! What Robin conveniently overlooks is that we have basically no knowledge of the original poster. To the knowledge of the forum, he has done nobody good or harm. Glen on the other hand has jerked around and screwed over many people over the years, often for shits and grins it seems.

All the years of history would mean something if they had been blameless years. Considering the number of people that Glen has jerked around there is no real wonder that most find it easy to believe that he has repeated the pattern he has shown over and over of taking on work then not bothering to do it.

I had a well known person in another field take me over the hurdles much like Glen does people. At an international event I called him a lying son of a ***** in a loud flat statement the first day of the event. This was repeated probably hundreds of times with the whole place rolling about him being called out. Everyone knew it was true other than the questionable statement about his mother! They didn't think the less of Jim, they already knew he was a liar.

Glen is a lot like Jim, his word means nothing to him, why should anyone else value it? Most of that $1750 was labor/profit so Glen was hugely paid in advance. He spent the money then had no incentive to finish the rails. We see that over and over on AZB. Pay people in advance, the work gets put on the side to pursue work that they will get paid for. If Glen has done the rails I would bet dollars to donuts they were done after this thread started.

The OP represents an unknown, most give him the benefit of the doubt. Glen is well known, we suspect him of following the same old pattern.

Hu

Well said.

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
You're right there is much you don't know, but yet you spread much more you also don't specify as facts about Glen and this is my point.

This place has become judge and jury based on opinions. If you guys are happy with it then. So mote it be.

I'll bet we've seen the last of the OP, will never see the contract and never get an explanation of who broke it because people just hate Glen and don't care what some stranger is allowed to do to his reputation.

Doesn't all this make you want to join Az or contribute?

The guy is an unknown trusted and made whole by some very kind people here that I hope are satisfied with their investment.

------------------------------------------------------------stop there--------------------

Conjecture down here and no proof just what you think as far as what you said.

Hu

Last edited:

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
No and only because what you propose is more guessing.

My question took no sides, assumed nothing, and did no guessing, it simply asks IF it went down like "X", would you agree with "Y". It is a simple yes or no question.

Contract, agreement and how contract was broken and by whom.
[/B]

Those variables were explicitly given in my question so I'll ask it again. In cases (I'm not saying this is or isn't one of those cases) where there was a time agreement, and that time agreement was not met by the builder and it was through no fault of the purchaser, would you agree that once the deadline was missed the purchaser has every right to get their property back and a refund at that point regardless of what their reasons might be?

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
You're right there is much you don't know, but yet you spread much more you also don't specify as facts about Glen and this is my point.

This place has become judge and jury based on opinions. If you guys are happy with it then. So mote it be.

I'll bet we've seen the last of the OP, will never see the contract and never get an explanation of who broke it because people just hate Glen and don't care what some stranger is allowed to do to his reputation.

Doesn't all this make you want to join Az or contribute?

The guy is an unknown trusted and made whole by some very kind people here that I hope are satisfied with their investment.

:thumbup:

Your post made sense to me. That is a public THUMBS-UP.

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
My question took no sides, assumed nothing, and did no guessing, it simply asks IF it went down like "X", would you agree with "Y". It is a simple yes or no question.

Those variables were explicitly given in my question so I'll ask it again. In cases (I'm not saying this is or isn't one of those cases) where there was a time agreement, and that time agreement was not met by the builder and it was through no fault of the purchaser, would you agree that once the deadline was missed the purchaser has every right to get their property back and a refund at that point regardless of what their reasons might be?

Once again. No. There are variables and you're taking one persons word over another's when
there was communication between the two that would prove or disprove the allegations.

I cannot say it any plainer.

SpiderWeb

iisgone@yahoo.com
Silver Member
You folks on here that aren't in NPR should think about joining just for a few certain threads....skip the politics things and look for: The threads on fishing, babes, gear head stuff, guns,music and the "post anything thread." Pretty good stuff in there:)

Even in the swap there are good things lurking..mud bugs, cat fish etc!

You need to stop acting like that. He is always standing down wind and the farts muffle the voice so he cant hear everything,

SpiderWeb

iisgone@yahoo.com
Silver Member
No and only because what you propose is more guessing.

Contract, agreement and how contract was broken and by whom.

From what I understand from other posters here there was a contract. From Glen tells me there was and a time frame agreed on.

They agreed on time frame, the contract and the distance from customer to Glen (6hrs) wasn't the issue. GH is sought out because he's good and people know when he does something its going to be right and he charges for that work 1750 and they agreed on terms.

When third party steps up and says GH is ripping him off 1750 and says he would do it for 800 after agreement and rails transfer hands and work has begun or finished, then one party demands his rails and money back and Glen is (6hrs) from him and has already begun or finished work (that is an issue of contract breaking) that won't be featured in the contract and now its he said or he said about this or that to determine who and when the contract was really broken.

Possession in this case does not denote guilt. It's the who said what and when.

Who broke the contract/agreement? It's that simple.

If the demand was rails and money back or nothing else, after work was done where does that put GH? If that's what the guy said there is no way he can deliver rails even if he's finished with the work.

This is not that complicated. Except of course if you want to go with possession equals guilt which in this case it doesn't. There is far more going on here than possession. In fact were the guy to take possession that proves his guilt at this point so he demands rails and money back and its unlikely that's going to happen but in the meantime he comes here and damages GH's reputation.

Would you let a guy take your table rails several states away without a written agreement? If he broke it wouldn't you file small claims?

This is the last time that I'm explaining this to the forum. If people are interested I suggest asking the folks directly involved and since GH was openly attacked here you might have to track him down. I can't blame him for not coming here. He was the guy with years in service here (the one we knew) and this attack thread is an insult to his long term membership and standing in his field.

This attack mentality is the problem here. The thread should have been removed but that's history now. People that come here for discussion shouldn't be subject to wild accusation to suit someone's entertainment. Limiting hate speech for someone is not limiting freedom of speech. It's preventing things just like this. The problem between Glen and this guy should have stayed between them and been settled outside of here according to their agreement or not if one doesn't care about the outcome. Instead the members here have become judge and jury over matters more complicated than many of them care to understand they just want their pound of flesh and don't give a damn if it's one of the top table mechanics in the country they try to ruin.

There should be a policy on attacks and it should be in the rules and posted as a sticky and we should go by that. Freedom to attack is like saying you have the freedom to rob people on main street if you want to without going to jail.

From what I see Glen is in the clear and folks who don't care for details with a crowd mentality are to blame and of course the attack itself shouldn't be here.

I hope all the really fine people who attacked Glen Hancock and run him from this forum will consider their part in this and the harm they've done him on third party information will find it in their heart to rethink what went on here.

If people can attack folks here at will. Could that not be part of the reason that this thread has had very little traction in the replies and be contributing to the fact that tons of folks are signed in and lurking yet the thread hasn't moved from the top of the first page in days?

The attack mentality is a sickness that is killing the forum because its the primary entertainment and not the Pool.

If you want to discuss we have NPR and we discuss everything in detail sometimes we have a difference of opinion too.
No one gets hurt too bad if folks are civil and mostly we can't hit each other with objects so it's all good.

THe rails were started or finished, started or finished, started or finished, or never touched. WHICH WAS IT?????

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Once again. No. There are variables and you're taking one persons word over another's when
there was communication between the two that would prove or disprove the allegations.

Every post you've made on this is based on conjecture, correct??? Do you or don't you have CONCRETE facts as to how this all took place?? I've done a couple 'time is of the essence' contracts in my life and just based on what i've heard so far the OP would be well within his rights to demand a refund and go elsewhere 'IF' the time deadline was violated. You seem to continually take the 'snake's side when you don't seem to have any first-hand knowledge of anything.

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member

I was clear as day that I was making no assumptions about this case and was not talking about this case, and if it wasn't already clear enough I even explicitly said so. It seems to me that you are just refusing to answer because you don't like the answer.

Let me ask it again in a way that will be a little more clear that I'm not talking specifically about this case, even though you already know that and are attempting to play dumb in an attempt to avoid having to give an answer that you don't like.

If Mary contracted Sally to repair something for her, and there was an agreed upon time frame, and Sally failed to meet the time frame and it was through no fault of Mary's, would you agree in principle that Mary at that point has every right to ask for her property back and a refund for whatever reason she chooses?

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
Every post you've made on this is based on conjecture, correct??? Do you or don't you have CONCRETE facts as to how this all took place?? I've done a couple 'time is of the essence' contracts in my life and just based on what i've heard so far the OP would be well within his rights to demand a refund and go elsewhere 'IF' the time deadline was violated. You seem to continually take the 'snake's side when you don't seem to have any first-hand knowledge of anything.

I am taking Glen's side of this not primarily because we are friends but primarily because he is being railroaded.

There was a contract. I messaged the OP about this situation and he stated as much to me in a message. I have been vague about the existence of the contract because I
was trying to give the OP the chance to make things right and explain himself. I do not have a copy of the contract but again the OP acknowledges its existence and he says Glen violated it which I have trouble believing when Glen tells me he wanted rails and money back or nothing else after the work had been done.

He say's/ not proves. I think he just wanted his money back because someone told him they would do the job for half and that's trying to crawfish out of a deal that he
acknowledges there was contract over.

If people are going to refuse to see this obvious con wtf. I guess we just skewer people here for no reason. Why be here?

Last edited:

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Despite knowing what was going on here Glen said nothing to defend himself. So the board gave the OP a default judgement. And frankly, given his history, a complete unknown starts out with higher credibility than Glen.

And all you have provided is a defense based on hearsay.

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
I was clear as day that I was making no assumptions about this case and was not talking about this case, and if it wasn't already clear enough I even explicitly said so. It seems to me that you are just refusing to answer because you don't like the answer.

Let me ask it again in a way that will be a little more clear that I'm not talking specifically about this case, even though you already know that and are attempting to play dumb in an attempt to avoid having to give an answer that you don't like.

If Mary contracted Sally to repair something for her, and there was an agreed upon time frame, and Sally failed to meet the time frame and it was through no fault of Mary's, would you agree in principle that Mary at that point has every right to ask for her property back and a refund for whatever reason she chooses?

Ive answered you twice you refuse to comprehend it. I'm done ok.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am taking Glen's side of this not primarily because we are friends but primarily because he is being railroaded.

There was a contract. I messaged the OP about this situation and he stated as much to me in a message. I have been vague about the existence of the contract because I
was trying to give the OP the chance to make things right and explain himself. I do not have a copy of the contract but again the OP acknowledges its existence and he says Glen violated it which I have trouble believing when Glen tells me he wanted rails and money back or nothing else after the work had been done.

He say's/ not proves. I think he just wanted his money back because someone told him they would do the job for half and that's trying to crawfish out of a deal that he
acknowledges there was contract over.

If people are going to refuse to see this obvious con wtf. I guess we just skewer people here for no reason. Why be here?
Like i said, NOTHING but conjecture. You have no clue what actually happened. I can see why LocoCoco agreed with you.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
of course you can cancel if the person doesnt meet the time frame or renegotiate.
also has to be made whole. like getting the rails back in original condition or better and full refund. at least refund less parts used.

whatever by glens silence and what is known he has ruined his reputation and for life will have trouble with any of his other en devours he tries to promote where he needs outside money or support.

basically he was or is a decent guy that just doesnt keep his promises or getting work done on time. he let that go all down the drain.

i dont see any sane person that would give him money in advance to do any project. only after it is finished and you have the goods or service work done.

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
Despite knowing what was going on here Glen said nothing to defend himself. So the board gave the OP a default judgement. And frankly, given his history, a complete unknown starts out with higher credibility than Glen.

And all you have provided is a defense based on hearsay.

I'm trying to alert the board over a con. If you want to believe the other guy. Please send him some money and a sympathy card.

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
Sure who broke it?

Where is the proof of said breakage?

of course you can cancel if the person doesnt meet the time frame or renegotiate.
also has to be made whole. like getting the rails back in original condition or better and full refund. at least refund less parts used.

whatever by glens silence and what is known he has ruined his reputation and for life will have trouble with any of his other en devours he tries to promote where he needs outside money or support.

basically he was or is a decent guy that just doesnt keep his promises or getting work done on time. he let that go all down the drain.

i dont see any sane person that would give him money in advance to do any project. only after it is finished and you have the goods or service work done.

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
Ive answered you twice you refuse to comprehend it. I'm done ok.

You have yet to answer. I will ask yet again. If Mary contracted Sally to repair something for her, and there was an agreed upon time frame, and Sally failed to meet the time frame and it was through no fault of Mary's, would you agree in principle that Mary at that point has every right to ask for her property back and a refund for whatever reason she chooses? Yes or no?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You have yet to answer. I will ask yet again. If Mary contracted Sally to repair something for her, and there was an agreed upon time frame, and Sally failed to meet the time frame and it was through no fault of Mary's, would you agree in principle that Mary at that point has every right to ask for her property back and a refund for whatever reason she chooses? Yes or no?
This answer is so black-n-white. I can't believe that guy can't/won't answer it.

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Robin,

It's a beautiful early fall day. Why don't you take the wife and the kids out for a picnic in the country?

No mask, no stress, no anxiety, just some good, old fashioned family bonding time.