Which table would you rather have?

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd go for the 8 footer, middle of the road concept. Look at "SearchTempest Online Classifieds"

Search Tempest covers lots of ebay, craigslist & others in one whack. You can list the search radius.

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
LOL

Like the other poster, I would go with the 8 foot Diamond table, and yes, I own a 9 foot Gold Crown.

I looked for about 6 months for a used Diamond and finally gave up. I bought a Gold Crown table and had it recovered, and I powder-coated all the metal and it looks 100% awesome. I have about 1300-1500 in it, for everything.

I looked at junk and I do mean junk used Diamond and I think they wanted 2000, and I would have had to redo all of it.

I was happy with the Gold Crown, it plays perfect.

I wish you the best of rolls,

Ken

rookiepsu

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Years ago all standard 8' tables had a playing area (measured rail nose to rail nose)
of 46" X 92". Now the standard 8' table measures 44" X 88" and the oversize is
46" X 92".

I've never seen a Diamond 8' table, but I've heard they measure 45" X 90" (playing
surface-nose to nose). That would put the Diamond in the middle of the others and
might help you some with the limited area for the table. Something to think about
and check out. I could have been misinforned about the measurements.

I have an 8' Diamond Pro-Am, and yes they are 45"x90" playing surface nose-nose.

franko

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Right

Well, I've decided to snag that Diamond 8 footer, and I'm getting Cuephoric to install it.

I know the rails have changed over the years on diamonds, I'm hoping this one will play like the newer ones.

Good move that was the right choice IMO.

His Boy Elroy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I recently purchased a 9 a foot Gold Crown from a used table dealership on the north side of Chicago. The owner told me it's very rare that he comes across an 8 foot Gold Crown.

Jim Baxter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My table is a Pro 8 , and its a perfect practice table . little bit bigger than a 8'er , and just a little bit smaller than 9'er . GL JIm

Slider

S.F. Bay Area
Silver Member
About 15 years or so ago I played on a black Formica Robertson at CueTopia in Carson City, NV. I don't remember if it was a 7' or an 8', but it was a really sweet little table, with predictable cushions. Banking was quite Brunswickian.

Ken

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jtaylor996

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So, I got a used Diamond 8' pro table... for $900. They had 3 tables out of an old fox and hound pub.

The others are already gone, so don't nag me.

Cuephoric is setting it up for me. We're just waiting on simonis to come in the next day or two.

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So, I got a used Diamond 8' pro table... for $900. They had 3 tables out of an old fox and hound pub.

The others are already gone, so don't nag me.

Cuephoric is setting it up for me. We're just waiting on simonis to come in the next day or two.

IMO, you got a great deal and made the right choice. Again, coming from a guy with 9' Gold Crown.

You did good, enjoy it.

Ken

jtaylor996

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You did good, enjoy it.

Ken

I will, I'm really psyched about it!

The only issue is that it could use a refinish pretty bad. I got it cleaned up last night, but there are some bare spots on the wood.

A refinish isn't in the budget right now, maybe I'll do that when I wear out the 360 years down the road.

But for now, it would be cool if there was some way I could color match and seal up the exposed portions of the wood.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will, I'm really psyched about it!

The only issue is that it could use a refinish pretty bad. I got it cleaned up last night, but there are some bare spots on the wood.

A refinish isn't in the budget right now, maybe I'll do that when I wear out the 360 years down the road.

But for now, it would be cool if there was some way I could color match and seal up the exposed portions of the wood.

Fuggit!

Pla mor pool.