Who are the fastest playing pros today?

Positively Ralf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I only ask this because I got to see some footage of Lou Butera, Alex Higgins, Tony Drago and a young Jimmy White who all were speeding around the tables and it got me to wondering w ho today's fast players are.

I know people say that Filler and Shaw are fast. And I'm sure I've seen Ronnie O Sullivan shooting really damn fast on a snooker table.
 
I only ask this because I got to see some footage of Lou Butera, Alex Higgins, Tony Drago and a young Jimmy White who all were speeding around the tables and it got me to wondering w ho today's fast players are.

I know people say that Filler and Shaw are fast. And I'm sure I've seen Ronnie O Sullivan shooting really damn fast on a snooker table.
I would say Filler is among the fastest. Luc Salvas used to be the fastest I'd seen, if he still competes. There's a youtube video you can pull up of a match between Drago and Filler played with a 15 second shot clock. It could have been a 5 second shot clock and neither player would have come close to ever reaching the 5 seconds!
 
Drago is probably the fastest on average right now. He is ready to shoot often before the cueball and/or other balls stop moving. A few shots he played with a shot clock, it ticked from 30-29 and he was already standing up off the shot after pocketing the ball LOL
 
Drago is probably the fastest on average right now. He is ready to shoot often before the cueball and/or other balls stop moving. A few shots he played with a shot clock, it ticked from 30-29 and he was already standing up off the shot after pocketing the ball LOL

Agree 100% that Drago is on average the fastest-playing pro right now.
 
Hell yea salvas is fast! I played him for my first match against a pro three years back, he broke dry first, I managed to runout, almost broke and ran the second. Before I knew it he was up 8-1 in no time. Managed to string three straight before I lost. It was quite the experience for me, great guy, very entertaining to watch. Check him out at turning stone to see his pace in person.
 
Must admit I've never seen anyone play faster than Tony Drago.
 
Jesse Bowman does not play many pro events, but his fast and loose style is flat awesome to watch.

Jesse Bowman played amazing using his fast style he went undefeated a few days ago at The Carom Room Pro 8 Ball event , he beat SVB, Fedor Gorst, Dennis Orcollo, James Aranas and Ruslan Chinahov to capture the title. :eek:

jesse bowman 2 small.jpg
 
lol long time ago he robbed henny for 300 with a speed rack bet....just under a minute....hundred a try.....got even madder when i did it too :groucho: lol i almost had forgotten about that it was quite funny...john was rushing too much lol
 
Jesse Bowman does not play many pro events, but his fast and loose style is flat awesome to watch.

Jesse Bowman played amazing using his fast style he went undefeated a few days ago at The Carom Room Pro 8 Ball event , he beat SVB, Fedor Gorst, Dennis Orcollo, James Aranas and Ruslan Chinahov to capture the title. :eek:

View attachment 491548

Earl in his prime played that way too. He looked, got down, took two practice strokes and fired. Rarely spent more than five seconds looking at any shot. Lou Butera was faster than anyone, even Drago. His position play was excellent and he rarely missed an open ball. In his prime he may have been the best Straight Pool player in the world in a long Challenge match, capable of putting a 200 on you in any inning!
 
Last edited:
lol long time ago he robbed henny for 300 with a speed rack bet....just under a minute....hundred a try.....got even madder when i did it too :groucho: lol i almost had forgotten about that it was quite funny...john was rushing too much lol

I average a minute and a half to 2 minutes to run a wide open rack of 9 ball under normal circumstances. Maybe I should look into getting my back, shoulder, knees and hip fixed. Damn it, I might be able to crack 45 seconds if I could still run around the table. :groucho:

I dont think Morro has played any big tournaments in years, but he was a speed demon. I seem to remember one of the ESPN tournaments in the 90s where he pocketed the 8 while the 7 was still rattling the pocket. :grin:
 
Back
Top