Who are the night owls?

9BallPaul

Banned
When I first started playing as a teenager, I chose rooms that would allow me to play all night long, such was my thirst for the game and my energy as a youngster.

OK, fast forward 40-plus years, and I'm often snoozing at the very hour I'm writing this post. (Blame coffee.)

Nowadays I'm awake at 4a and rarin' to go, hitting balls in my basement and brewing the mornng java.

Anyway, at the rate I'm going, I'll be dialing back the clock soon and once again becoming a night owl. Maybe I'll go prowling the pool halls again. Any other similarly situated pool addicts?

I've noticed Jay posting on here at ridiculous hours, but I'm never sure which end of the day he's on.
 
Last edited:
At regional and national BCA tourneys you might have morning matches at 9-10 AM.This is tough to get used to,I usualy would rather stay up all night playing then play first thing in the morning.Sometimes I will hit balls at around 10-11AM (practice) but its usualy at a pretty casual pace.
 
I am very much a night owl. The bad part is, the local pool hall isnt open past 10 or 11pm most nights. I stayed there tonight until they made us leave at about 2am. During the week, I can go to my union hall and shoot, but it is not open to the public. It closes at 3am which is great, but most times Im still wanting to play. So to fix my problem, Im buying a house with 2 garages, one for the cars, tools, cue shop, and the other is gonna be my man cave with the 9' table, beer fridge, bar, stripper pole, etc. lol. Then, the clock wont matter one bit to me :thumbup:

Joe
 
Egad!

It's 320a and I'm outa bed, hitting balls and watching Ryder cup on TV. It's a sick way to live, for sure.
 
I am one , also.

I'm not shootin' pool at night but I will probably die sitting in this chair trying to post my objections to a discussion of aiming systems. My
head will be on the keyboard, my coffee will be spilled.

My wife will walk in and say," Huh. Didn't go to bed again last night, didja? Well at least your not snoring for a change."

It could be 2-3 days before she notices anything abnormal. Then she'll
say ," You'd better clean that coffee up. It's drawin' flies." :help:
 
Back
Top