Who are the 'Old Schoolers' of AZ

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
Good to see so many people I have gotten to know and respect reply to this post. Keep em coming.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
If you were a member before 03 why does it state you joined in 05? Shouldn't it say you joined in 03 during the reiteration??
Because I switched my username from my name to Cornerman. I did this with all the forums I belonged to. Unfortunately, I didn’t realize the moderator could just switch my name. I asked Mike Howerton to remove my old name, and I re-signed with my new one. Nobody can accuse me of signing in with multiple accounts.

Anyone as old school as I am would know that I’m pre-2003 by several years when BilliardsDigsst CCBoard, Playpool.com, and AZBilliards were new to web-based billiard forums, all vying to be the lead going forward. I’m an RSBer.

George

Balance is everything
Silver Member
With this site being around now for quite the time and me being gone for a period of time, it appears to me that lately there has been more of an influx of new members actively posting than in the recent years. I used to read posts and threads and know most people involved. Now I don't know many of them.

Makes me think, who are the Old Schoolers of AZ -

Trigger, Blackjack, Cuaba, Fast N Loose, Fatboy (well only Fatboy1 not Fatboy2), Hangemhigh, JAM, JB Cases, JoeyA, Manwon, Ribdoner, Rossaroni, Williebetmore, Spidey, Houmatroy, Mikeyfrost, lfigueroa, Terry Ardeno, Corvette, JCIN, Jay Helfert, Saw, ME....I am sure there are a slew more but those are off the top of my head.
Maybe not the most prolific of posters but I’ve been here since the 90s.

George

Balance is everything
Silver Member
If you were a member before 03 why does it state you joined in 05? Shouldn't it say you joined in 03 during the reiteration??
They moved the forum to a new format, I believe everything reset at that point but there are quite a few of us that have been here since the 90s. I won a pool stick on this forum in 2000, Mosconi cup stick signed by all the competitors.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
I will know when I joined shortly, once I click on my name here. Don’t think I can claim old school status just yet.

I joined when I started playing pool to find out what I didn’t know that I didn’t know yet. It worked. Lots of good info here when you search and plenty of good conversations to be had.

Rock on azb...rock on 🤘

wakuljr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Had to really think about it, I am sure I joined in '99. I was already a member when I moved to Las Vegas in '00.
Who wants to know how old we are.....stop it, go play pool instead 😂😂😂..son😂

Wakuljr---------> Forever Young 😜

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
They moved the forum to a new format, I believe everything reset at that point but there are quite a few of us that have been here since the 90s. I won a pool stick on this forum in 2000, Mosconi cup stick signed by all the competitors.
Good to “see” you, George.

DaveK

Still crazy after all these years
Silver Member
hmmm.. who knows?

litmus test: who remembers that casemaker John Collins?
What the heck did Jimbo used to call him ... JC-JB ? Something like that ...

Dave <-- Joined Jun 21, 2004 after Koop told me about this place ... RSB had been garbage for years by that time IIRC