Who Has Never Missed A Ball In Hand Shot?

Walkermine

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Donny I was wondering the same thing myself.........I guess people CANT read .... The question was Who HASNT missed with BIH......No wonder some of these threads go on forever,....

lol. Your absolutely right. This thread should be real short unless we are all liars.

TommyLee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When my buddy asked me to take him to drop off his car at the mechanic and then give him a ride to meet his friends, that was apparently code for you're shooting leagues tonight which I never had done. It was bca. I never new what bih was before but found out quickly how bad it hurts to only make one shot and hook yourself...which is nowhere near as bad as missing trying to give yourself the angle for natural position on the 8...all part of the game, all you can do is smile and keep going

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Did you just say Ball In Hand and missed?

Last year at the Cue Club in Vegas, I was practicing with a lady to get ready for their Tuesday Night Tournament. I got BIH on #2. I missed but hooked her, got BIH again, missed and hooked her again, got BIH again and missed AGAIN on the same ball #2.

How about that - to get BIH 3 times and miss all 3 times on the same ball in the same game.

She must have been awful nice Mike! :wink:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I've seen the best players in the world miss with BIH, including EFREN! He just shook his head, smiled and walked slowly back to his chair.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Efren himself missed ball in hand twice in one set again Tony Ellin in a PBT 10-ball event in Pennsauken NJ. I am guessing it was 1998.

Nine ... corner

BANNED
Silver Member
Yes I have as well and it would be so embarassing as to make one furious. Reading all the honesty in this thread makes me feel a part of the community as when reading another thread about many forum members running 10 racks + playing the ghost I thought ... these folks are in a different dimension than me. Thanks all for making me feel human. ;)

Nine ... corner

BANNED
Silver Member
BTW ... 90+% of the misses involve too much concentration on shape IMHO. As the wise old sage has said, "Gotta make the ball you're shooting at to continue." Reminds me of a poker dictum ... F*ck results, concentrate on good decisions!

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
I missed with ball in hand TWICE in a 10k

Yes I have as well and it would be so embarassing as to make one furious. Reading all the honesty in this thread makes me feel a part of the community as when reading another thread about many forum members running 10 racks + playing the ghost I thought ... these folks are in a different dimension than me. Thanks all for making me feel human. ;)

It happens, that's for sure, we're all human at times.

I missed with ball in hand TWICE in a 10k set in Barry B's pool room in Norfolk Va. with Shannon Dalton and Roger Griffis betting on me. They looked pretty glum to say the least. Somehow I "kicked in" later in the set after being 8/9 Down and came back and won...."I just got lucky" :)

"It's not how we start, it's how we finish" 'The Game is the Teacher'.com

TommyLee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm still new to pool but my misses come from lack of confidence in English and setting the cue ball up to get natural position thus trying to make a tougher shot

SCCues

< Searing Twins
Silver Member
I hold the distinction of once having MISCUED with ball in hand!

You deserve a meddle for your honesty! Missing with ball in hand is easy to do trying to get hard position when you forget to concentrate on making the ball and think more about where the cue ball is going. I've done it and I've seen pro players miss with ball in hand on Accu-stats videos. It happens.......

James

rjbigfish

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Silver Member
About 6 months ago I missed a shot with ball in hand and scratched. I have missed with ball in hand plenty of times, scratched with ball in hand a few times but don't know if I had ever done both at the same time before and hope to never do it again lol