Who was the best pool player you ever played in your pool career?

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Since we're doing lists:

Played: Jimmy Caras, Steve Mizerak, Torbjorn Blomdahl (3C, 14.1 and 1 pocket), Peter Ceulemans, Allison Fisher, John Schmidt, Mika Immonen (last year), Allen Hopkins, Dallas West, Justin Hall (this year), some skinny guy named Shane who uses a Cuetec, and others too onerous to mention. And Robby Foldvari for the few of you who know about REAL, ORIGINAL billiards.

Beat in tournaments: Ronnie Allen at one pocket and David Howard at 9 ball.

Aha, Robby Foldvari...I believe he still holds the high amateur run for
English billiards in Australia....600 and change.
...some 147s at snooker, also.

acousticsguru

player/instructor
Silver Member
Since we're doing lists:

Played: Jimmy Caras, Steve Mizerak, Torbjorn Blomdahl (3C, 14.1 and 1 pocket), Peter Ceulemans, Allison Fisher, John Schmidt, Mika Immonen (last year), Allen Hopkins, Dallas West, Justin Hall (this year), some skinny guy named Shane who uses a Cuetec, and others too onerous to mention. And Robby Foldvari for the few of you who know about REAL, ORIGINAL billiards.

Beat in tournaments: Ronnie Allen at one pocket and David Howard at 9 ball.

Is Peter Ceulemans related to the legendary Raymond (whom I had the honor to play a short race of 3-Cushion once)?

Greetings from Switzerland, David.

„J'ai gâché vingt ans de mes plus belles années au billard. Si c'était à refaire, je recommencerais.“ – Roger Conti

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Is Peter Ceulemans related to the legendary Raymond (whom I had the honor to play a short race of 3-Cushion once)?
Peter is Raymond's grandson. I stopped by their room in Lier and Sir Raymond (he is, actually, a knight) was out at the time so I got to play Peter who took it easy on me averaging only about 1.4.

Don Owen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Played Jimmy Caras at the Golden Cue in Norman Oklahoma. That evening Dick Lane played Jimmy. Dick and I were good friends and he beat me often.

Don

medallio

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I beat Earl. Of course it was one game of scotch doubles and my partner was Dennis Hatch lol

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
I've gotten to play some great players over here in Asia...
Efren, Lining, Gallego, Yukio Akagariyama, Naoyuki Oi, Kunihiko Takahashi, Lo Li Wen, etc.
However, the player that impressed me the most was Stuart Pettman (former snooker pro now playing pool out of Thailand). Just perfect form and stroke, I could just watch him play for hours on end.

Years back when I still lived in Canada, I also took my lumps from local monsters like Stan Tourangeau, Brady Gollan, and was once stupid enough to try my hand at one-pocket with Billy Palmer down in California (expensive lesson to say the least!)

moose man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How do you think you would have done in a race?
It's nice to see this old thread from the Lock. I remember it.
Have a greenie, moose. :smile:

Hey Tramp Steamer. I'm pretty confident about how I would have done in a race... not too good (unless it was a race to one;). Efren is such a beast! I also forgot to mention Mad Max and Mr. 400 in my original post. I've played a couple really good players in 3c, but nobody pro level yet. Pedro agreed to play some, but the weekend that I made it to San Diego, we never managed to get together. Thanks bud!

moose man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can't argue with facts!! Ha Nice win.

Hey 9andout. Thanks, if I ever have the chance to play Bata again, I'll have to at least consider ducking him just to preserve my bragging rights of being undefeated! Btw: Nice work showing the 3 ball ghost where the bear s*** in the buckwheat! Take care.

mjantti

Enjoying life
Silver Member
Mika Immonen - won x 2, lost x 2
Thorsten Hohmann - won
Niels Feijen - lost x 2
Nick van den Berg - lost
Oliver Ortmann - lost
Ralf Souquet - lost
Tom Storm - lost

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Mika Immonen - won x 2, lost x 2
Thorsten Hohmann - won
Niels Feijen - lost x 2
Nick van den Berg - lost
Oliver Ortmann - lost
Ralf Souquet - lost
Tom Storm - lost

Well, yeah, but they're all just Europeans. :p

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
back in the day, i used to play John Schmidt all the time....

or should i say "i used to rack for him" lol lol