Who would you bet your last on in 9-Ball or Ten-Ball,today?

LeftyIke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you had to bet all you have on one Player,who would it be? I'm picking Alex P.,narrowly over Big Ko,Appleton,Wu,Thorsten,Dennis O,Shane,Ignacio,and Cheng. I pick Alex because of Talent,and overall knowledge in many disciplines. I know I'm leaving a lot of Great Players off my Short List,many I'm just seeing play for the first time in some of the International Tournaments. Not many American Players that I'd put in my Top Ten.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
Are we talking like a race to 11? I'll take Wu, just because I think he's the best in the world right now, at 9-ball or 10-ball.

When he's in stroke, I still think Alex is the best all-around player in the world though.

LeftyIke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In a race to 11,rotating Break,would that change anything? Has China and the Taiwan,passed the Philippines,for the most Great,upcoming players?

MuchoBurrito

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think that between Ko, Dennis, Shane, Cheng, it's almost impossible to pick one over the other. I think the format would matter as much as anything.

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think that between Ko, Dennis, Shane, Cheng, it's almost impossible to pick one over the other. I think the format would matter as much as anything.

I'm not sure if Cheng belongs in the conversation yet. Yes, this past year he has played well, but I think he needs to sustain it for a bit longer.

Otherwise, I think the list is sound. However, with the way Shaw is playing he may deserving too

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you had to bet all you have on one Player,who would it be? I'm picking Alex P.,narrowly over Big Ko,Appleton,Wu,Thorsten,Dennis O,Shane,Ignacio,and Cheng. I pick Alex because of Talent,and overall knowledge in many disciplines. I know I'm leaving a lot of Great Players off my Short List,many I'm just seeing play for the first time in some of the International Tournaments. Not many American Players that I'd put in my Top Ten.

Alex is great, but 9 and 10 ball aren't his best games really- he is the best in the world in 1 pocket though

ed2000

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
oh we go again lol

if a had to pick a player (ALL A ROUND) it for sure would be Alex with it being (1 Hole ,,10/9 ball,,Banks)in a longer race/ahead set that is,, if we are talking 10 ball i would have to go with Shane,,his break is to good (strings more racks then the other player's i think talked about here),,but who knows when we are talking 10/9 ball most of the player talked about here has a chance and can string racks also,other then Alex i just dont think his break is good enough to get there in 10/9 ball in a long race with the top 2 or 3 players talked about here.lol

Last edited:

Bank it

Uh Huh, Sounds Legit
Silver Member
Well we have those here saying Wu is the best in the world although Albin Ouschan just won the world 9 ball, I don't quite get that. Anyway, betting my last, I'll take my chances with Shaw on any given day. Now that he's slowed his game down just a step I feel he will be tougher than ever over the near future, he's just pure raw firepower

Kris_b1104

House Pro in my own home.
Silver Member
I don't know about now, but if you ask me in 5 years I'll definitely have to pick Sam Lambert.

My second choice would be justinb. And no, not Bergman.

Rhea comes a close 3rd.

Shawn Armstrong

AZB deceased - stopped posting 5/13/2022
Silver Member
If I had to bet all that I own - a car, a house, a motorcycle, my RRSPs, and my bank account...I'm going to book loser no matter who I back. That's more money than a pool player could score by winning every tournament for a calendar year. So, if I put that much money on one player, you could be 100% certain that the guy I'm backing, and his opponent, will have crafted a way to chop it between the two of them.

100% true, and this is why pool will absolutely go nowhere in the future.

1sttbone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i believe shane has won at least 9 us open titles 9-ball, 10-ball ect. should be no question about who to bet on. Race to 100 duh!

1sttbone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
shane over the last nine years really has had no equal at most games. one pocket a game for mostly older gentleman that have lost some stroke but are still competitive out maneuvering younger players...one pocket make no mistake is a great game and i can't wait for shane to take this game very serious..it is not his favorite game, but as he gets older and the same devotion he has shown towards the rotation games look out, and kattie bar the door.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jack Potter

the same guy I bet my last on 50 years ago

if he likes the game,i like the game