Why are Schon cues getting to be so expensive

chuckpilegis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Years ago I was able to buy ltds for 700 online and bought a few stl-1s for 300 or so.Guess I should have kept them

muskyed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was just in their shop a little while back. To say they are not making much anymore doesn't jive with what I see every time I go to their shop. There is just racks of cues in various stages of finish. Same as it's always been every time I stop in there. Last time there, I stopped in as I was in the area, just to have a simple weight bolt change but had to wait about 10 min or so, as they were playing pool on their break. They are very busy making cues and shafts. Herd they were working on a carbon shaft but didn't see anything. Love my latest wrap less one I got a while back, and will buy another if there is one I like. As to expensive, I have noticed their prices have risen somewhat this last year. Used prices are worse yet, saw a limited for sale for a couple hundred more than I paid new, a while back, supply and demand, I guess.

Last edited:

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I was just in their shop a little while back. To say they are not making much anymore doesn't jive with what I see every time I go to there shop. There is just racks of cues in various stages of finish. Same as it's always been every rime I stop in there. Last time there, I stopped in as I was in the area, just to have a simple weight bolt change but had to wait about 10 min or so, as they were playing pool on their break. They are very busy making cues and shafts. Herd they were working on a carbon shaft, but didn't see anything. Love my latest wrapless one I got a while back, and will buy another if there is one I like.
Pictures of wrapless

muskyed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is a picture of the last three I have purchased. When I stopped in with that wrapless, they told me that batch was the last of them as they ran out of the wood for the hand grip section, and didn't think they were going to be able to get more like that.

Attachments

• 20220328_210506.jpg
    20220328_210506.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Here is a picture of the last three I have purchased. When I stopped in with that wrapless, they told me that batch was the last of them as they ran out of the wood for the hand grip section, and didn't think they were going to be able to get more like that.
Nice looking Schons. Wrapless is awesome