Why CTE is so controversial

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Well, that's pretty moronic.

Before you get your balls in an uproar... "moronic" means "extremely intelligent".

pj
chgo

Awwww garsh...I think you're really in love with me Patsy. Paying so much attention like you do. GFY.

GFY

Acronym

Definition

GFY Good For You
GFY Government Fiscal Year
GFY Go Find Yourself (polite form)
GFY Go Fudge Yourself
GFY Galaxy Fraulein Yuna (video games)
GFY Graphitic Filament Yarn
GFY God Free Youth (est. 2009)
GFY God Forgives You

I'd use the last one for you but I'm sure it would really piss you off since you don't believe in God. Man, I like you too much to see you royally pissed.

Last edited:

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
Awwww garsh...I think you're really in love with me Patsy. Paying so much attention like you do. GFY.

GFY

Acronym

Definition

GFY Good For You
GFY Go Fudge Yourself
GFY God Forgives You (Internet slang)

You forgot....GFY - Gluten Free Yogurt

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
GFY
Acronym
Definition
GFY Good For You
GFY Go Fudge Yourself
GFY God Forgives You
I'd use the last one for you but I'm sure it would really piss you off since you don't believe in God. Man, I like you too much to see you royally pissed.
Who the dickens is "Patsy"....?
Don't tell me there is ANOTHER griper in here.........
Will it ever end.
:thud:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Believe it or not there's also gluten free water.

I don't. This has to be the leg pull of leg pulls.

If there IS such a thing then the gluten free water makers are the biggest ones pulling the legs of millions.

EDIT: I thought you were jerkin' me. I googled it and THERE IS!!

YGBSM (you gotta be shitting me)! What next?

Last edited:

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's good work, my man.
Rest assured you will be ripped to shreds for doing it because as everyone(?) knows....it isn't "scientific".
I salute you for having the stones to post it.
I salute you again for supporting Stan Shuffett and his years and years of CTE work. He deserves better than the twisted, depraved, ridicule he gets around here.
Keep on punchin'.
:thumbup:

mohrt

Student of the Game
Silver Member
That's good work, my man.
Rest assured you will be ripped to shreds for doing it because as everyone(?) knows....it isn't "scientific".
I salute you for having the stones to post it.
I salute you again for supporting Stan Shuffett and his years and years of CTE work. He deserves better than the twisted, depraved, ridicule he gets around here.
Keep on punchin'.
:thumbup:

By the way, that was one take. Hopefully I talked enough before shooting and during shooting to validate that. If someone posts up the same type of vid, make sure you talk a couple minutes up front before shooting ;) And if you can shoot random shots under a curtain like that, kudos to you. Doing this gives you real understanding of difficulty than just watching a youtube video.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
What does this prove? I've seen non-CTE users do the same thing.

Why not try my experiment (from my deleted thread)?

Put the OB on the other side of the wall. Once you have your visuals. Have someone put the wall up so you can no longer see the OB. Sweep into your stance and try to make the ball.

I guess when the rules of pool change requiring a wall between the balls which can be placed there by the opponent in the middle of the game, we'll have to start practicing differently.

There seems to be a brick wall in the brains of certain pool players who come up with this type of absurdity to prove whatever the hell they think needs proved.

What's next? Set up with all of the visuals, get down on the shot and see how they hold up to a drone buzzing and dive bombing your head that's controlled by the opponent? LMFAO

This site keeps getting more and more bizarre from too many BIZARROS!

And then the responses will come pouring in, "BUT THIS IS A VALID TEST! IT IS...IT IS"

If that's what you think...GFY. (good for you)

Last edited:

mohrt

Student of the Game
Silver Member

Put the OB on the other side of the wall. Once you have your visuals. Have someone put the wall up so you can no longer see the OB. Sweep into your stance and try to make the ball.

I’m simply demonstrating four 30 inside shots, different angles, same perceptions. I include a good explanation on ball 4 that is the crux of understanding how the perceptions affect alignment. I have no way to try your invisible OB test, but it would not prove anything useful because I check my perceptions at full stance (See Stan’s full circle videos.) I could try to ignore the OB completely but that’s not indicative of how I shoot.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member

This would be a great trick! And that is how the system is described to work -- once you have the perception, that "fixed" cb, all you have to do is come in from exactly 1/2 tip offset and pivot or sweep back to ccb. But I don't think your experiment would be too successful for anyone, including Stan. Even though he insists that the cue is being tweaked to a "perfect" ccb alignment, I believe keeping the ob in view is part of what of determines that alignment.

duckie

GregH
Silver Member
I’m simply demonstrating four 30 inside shots, different angles, same perceptions. I include a good explanation on ball 4 that is the crux of understanding how the perceptions affect alignment. I have no way to try your invisible OB test, but it would not prove anything useful because I check my perceptions at full stance (See Stan’s full circle videos.) I could try to ignore the OB completely but that’s not indicative of how I shoot.

You can not demonstrate your perceptions cause they are only in your mind. Your perceptions are yours and only yours. What you see, how you process that information no one else can know.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This would be a great trick! And that is how the system is described to work -- once you have the perception, that "fixed" cb, all you have to do is come in from exactly 1/2 tip offset and pivot or sweep back to ccb. But I don't think your experiment would be too successful for anyone, including Stan. Even though he insists that the cue is being tweaked to a "perfect" ccb alignment, I believe keeping the ob in view is part of what of determines that alignment.

As do I, and keeping it in view is what (I believe) aids the subconscious.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

But people that don't use CTE can do the same thing.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can not demonstrate your perceptions cause they are only in your mind. Your perceptions are yours and only yours. What you see, how you process that information no one else can know.

It is also worth pointing out that everyone's perceptions will be different.

Not only because they process the visuals differently but also because they're looking at the balls and table from different physical perspectives. IOWs you're not going to see what I see nor what someone else sees.

Lou Figueroa

mohrt

Student of the Game
Silver Member

Stan does have at least one video where he covers up the OB. Granted the difficulty would go up, but if you do everything perfect it should be possible. I see and use the OB at full stance. I can still see CTEL.

Last edited: