Why delete the price after sale?

kickserves

Registered
Q : Why is it that all the sale threads delete the price the cue is offered at or sold for after the sale. I can understand editing the post and adding something like **SOLD** or something similar but why delete the price? Any particular reason for this?

Leaving the price would give an idea of the value of the cue for a noob like me coming to this forum and may be others would find it useful as well.

I am relatively new to the forum and read through the rules for selling/trading and did not find a rule relating to this and hence posting this question. Please excuse me if it's explained somewhere and I missed it.

batalarms

Ebony Hoppe Fanatic
That's a good question.IMHO the price does not need to be public knowledge after the sale.If the buyer decides to re-sell the item at some later date,they will not have to deal with,"But you only paid $xxxx for it"
Also,if you watch the For Sale/Wanted section,you will become familiar with the current market values for most items.Welcome to the forum and good luck here, and enjoy.
Marc

Last edited:

kickserves

Registered
hmmm... ok

I buy and sell custom pro-stock tennis racquets as well as production racquets and I have never seen prices being deleted except here. That's why I asked.

DrGonzo

As your attorney...
Silver Member
hmmm... ok

I buy and sell custom pro-stock tennis racquets as well as production racquets and I have never seen prices being deleted except here. That's why I asked.

I have no idea about tennis rackets, but the market for pool cues fluctuates greatly from month to month and from day to day.

kickserves

Registered
I have no idea about tennis rackets, but the market for pool cues fluctuates greatly from month to month and from day to day.

Custom pro stock racquets go from any where from $250 to $20000 based on if it's just a custom racquet or whether it's a top pro's racquet. But it's frowned upon to over inflate the price of non-pro used racquets or sell it higher than you bought it for.

I understand that's not the case for cues and some of these custom ones seem to increase in price as they get older. A different experience for me.

MCP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's a good question.IMHO the price does not need to be public knowledge after the sale.If the buyer decides to re-sell the item at some later date,they will not have to deal with,"But you only paid $xxxx for it"
Also,if you watch the For Sale/Wanted section,you will become familiar with the current market values for most items.Welcome to the forum and good luck here, and enjoy.
Marc

Agreed the sale price can and probably should be kept private.
But the asking price helps with researching a cue brand/model. What I don't get
Is a sale sign is posted. But no price. What's that about.?
Mcp

PocketPooler

Silver Member

Not to mention that pool players always want/expect something for nothing lol... just sayin...

JC

Coos Cues
I asked this question last week and the answer is...........

Because they can.

Other than that no real good reason I saw articulated.

I personally like forums better that do not allow editing of posts.

JC

dom_poppa

Banned
But it's frowned upon to over inflate the price of non-pro used racquets or sell it higher than you bought it for.

Exactly why they delete the price. People here pawn off cues from one person to another. Most of the time, a cue has gone through many owners or flippers. One person may think he can flip it faster than the other so cues prices are deleted.

Yes, it is frowned upon but our excuse, is that we are pool players.:grin:

We don't care. I can happily pawn off my cue to an unwilling buyer for a profit and my cue is used. That is how it goes around here.

Sorry you don't like it.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
I don't see the problem with doing it, specially on very High End cues where you do see it
more often.

No one cares what someone got a 5 year old Meucci for.

Maybe the buyer is going to eventually sell it.

The asking price and what the buyer possibly bought it for may be different.

Maybe the seller had 2 similar offers but chose to sell it to who ever for whatever reason.

For the people that were bidding on it, its really not any of their business what the cue sold for. All they need to know is that they didn't get it.

For those who were browsing the ads and not bidding on it, its not their business to know what the end price was.

If you drive onto a car lot and see someone driving off in a XXX model car.

The sales manager or salesman isn't going to tell you what that particular customer paid for it

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
I asked this question last week and the answer is...........

Because they can.

Other than that no real good reason I saw articulated.

I personally like forums better that do not allow editing of posts.

JC

On your thread :smile: I posted about courtesy to the buyer.
Billiard Items especially custom pool cues are kind of obscure compared to guns, guitars, and even the OP's custom tennis racquet's.
Protecting the buyer by editing out the price is so important here, that when people quote the sellers sale post to capture the price, good sellers will send a pm asking to delete the price.
I understand that its frustrating for certain people to see "sold" all the time, but that's what we do.
Pool cue flippers aren't as high up the food chain as tennis racquet flippers, so if you guys sell something on here, go ahead and leave the price, not a big deal.

Last edited:

Charlie Hustle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree with the OP, I feel that the price should be left on the page. I hate searching for something and trying to get a good idea of what its going for on the used market, only to see that the price has been deleted.

whammo57

Kim Walker
Silver Member
Custom pro stock racquets go from any where from $250 to $20000 based on if it's just a custom racquet or whether it's a top pro's racquet. But it's frowned upon to over inflate the price of non-pro used racquets or sell it higher than you bought it for.

I understand that's not the case for cues and some of these custom ones seem to increase in price as they get older. A different experience for me.

Do those $20,000 racquets have inlays?????

Kim

smashmouth

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
20k racquets sound about as dumb as 20k cues

i can't even envision a whole set of the world's most advanced golf clubs costing anywhere near that much

fake markups notwithstanding

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Q : Why is it that all the sale threads delete the price the cue is offered at or sold for after the sale. I can understand editing the post and adding something like **SOLD** or something similar but why delete the price? Any particular reason for this?

Leaving the price would give an idea of the value of the cue for a noob like me coming to this forum and may be others would find it useful as well.

I am relatively new to the forum and read through the rules for selling/trading and did not find a rule relating to this and hence posting this question. Please excuse me if it's explained somewhere and I missed it.

Gives the a hole flippers a better chance to rob you later

warfdiesel

Getting Better
Silver Member
Exactly why they delete the price. People here pawn off cues from one person to another. Most of the time, a cue has gone through many owners or flippers. One person may think he can flip it faster than the other so cues prices are deleted.

Yes, it is frowned upon but our excuse, is that we are pool players.:grin:

We don't care. I can happily pawn off my cue to an unwilling buyer for a profit and my cue is used. That is how it goes around here.

Sorry you don't like it.

Why is it wrong to try and make a profit on something you bought. I don't understand this way of thinking. I'm supposed to buy something and if I decide to sell itjust sell forwhat I gave for it . Why?