Why delete the price after sale?

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Many buyers are looking for a deal and hope to re-sell the cue for a profit. So those types of buyers asked for the prices to be removed and that has now become the norm.

CBW

Pool Hall Hero
Silver Member
Many buyers are looking for a deal and hope to re-sell the cue for a profit. So those types of buyers asked for the prices to be removed and that has now become the norm.

This is my reasoning as well.

3RAILKICK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I already got my ass kicked on one of these threads...but consider...

Since the postings on FS forum move 6 pages a day, it is hard to watch for items, unless you are a day trader type. As such, staying abreast of current prices is a challenge. Those prices are starting points, a useful reference, as a starting point. That is useful information, to use as a guide, if you are looking to buy, or sell a similar item. It can put you in the right price range mindset.

Once removed, that guidance is gone.

The final negotiated price is a private matter. So too, is the name of the actual buyer, unless he/she posts about how happy they are, or the thread shuts down after a single...'PM sent' post. But, still the negotiated price is not known, unless buyer or seller discloses to the forum.

Having pricing guidance can avoid dust-ups from insultingly low offers, especially where no price is listed by the seller. Someone should know that their offer is way too low....how? They should be current on prices...how?

If the starting price is the start of negotiation, how does it hurt to leave it posted after the item is boldly marked SOLD.

I am a buyer. I have not sold on AZ.

As either, I would think leaving the initial pricing as a reference, would speed up the process of arriving at the privately negotiated price.

..just my worthless take on this...

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Since the postings on FS forum move 6 pages a day, it is hard to watch for items, unless you are a day trader type. As such, staying abreast of current prices is a challenge. Those prices are starting points, a useful reference, as a starting point. That is useful information, to use as a guide, if you are looking to buy, or sell a similar item. It can put you in the right price range mindset.

Now that the 48-hour bump policy is being partially enforced, the WFS is slowing down a little.
If the bozo's would stop posting "nice cue, GLWS", "the cue is sold, look at me", "the cue is mine, look at me", the WFS would be even easier to peruse.
I didn't understand why people marked the cue "sold", but it is very important to some people.
Also, there are guys on AZ that would start a lot of crap in the WFS, if they could post links to the original sale / price.
Remember also that AZ used to be primarily about custom cues, and there are no set prices on custom cues.
Look what happens when a guy tries to sell a production cue for a higher price than Billiard Warehouse...the guy gets tortured
Some people just hate to see someone make a buck, and with no set prices, buyers don't want prices exposed, even if it is substantially higher than the actual sale price.

Last edited:

xplor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If the sale price is deleted then figure it sold for much less than the asking price. How often do you buy something for full retail or more?

kickserves

Registered
Do those $20,000 racquets have inlays?????

Kim

20k racquets sound about as dumb as 20k cues

i can't even envision a whole set of the world's most advanced golf clubs costing anywhere near that much

fake markups notwithstanding

No Inlays :D

Unlike the pool cues, no pro player plays with a racquet that is available to a normal person. they are custom made by racquet companies with mostly high quality graphite and then given a paintjob to match the racquet they normally advertise. Most weekend warriors on the tennis court cannot wield a pro player racquet as their swing weight, static weight etc are much higher than what players without lots of practice can successfully play with.

You can buy a pro racquet not used by a player from ebay and some other sources and customize it with lead strips and silicone injected into the handle to match the specs that you like. The advantage being the quality material used in the racquet construction and the lower stiffness of those materials. This is done by usually higher end players.

The pro used racquets are the ones that hit 20K and they are just for collecting. Most fans would love to have a Roger Federer played racquet, just so they have a souvenir from their favorite pro.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The reasoning for this is similar to the reasoning behind having your car or house with a for sale sign on it and no price. Just a phone number.

JC
No, it is like having a SOLD sign on your house without putting the price it sold for on the sign.

I also remove most of the prices on my site cue gallery once the cue sells. One reason is that the 2014 price may not be the same as the 2004 price was on a similar cue. Another reason is that an International client asked me to remove the price of the cues he bought from me. Many like him plan to resale the cues and do not want their clients to see what the original price was.

I have bought some cues from you and Mark and I did not start our negotiations by asking what you had in them. That would have been inappropiate in my opinion. So why should an AZ reseller have to give up that info?

Last edited:

JC

Coos Cues
No, it is like having a SOLD sign on your house without putting the price it sold for on the sign.

I also remove most of the prices on my site cue gallery once the cue sells. One reason is that the 2014 price may not be the same as the 2004 price was on a similar cue. Another reason is that an International client asked me to remove the price of the cues he bought from me. Many like him plan to resale the cues and do not want their clients to see what the original price was.

I have bought some cues from you and Mark and I did not start our negotiations by asking what you had in them. That would have been inappropiate in my opinion. So why should an AZ reseller have to give up that info?

The price at which houses sell for is part of the public record. At least here in Oregon.

JC

jtaylor996

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This would usually annoy me greatly. So be forums people do this to try to keep prices nearer to new on used items. If someone sells something really cheap, it's no favor to anyone else selling the same thing later if they keep the price visible. I'm a free market/full disclosure guy, so this annoys me.

However, on AZ nobody pays the asking price (I sure haven't yet) so that's just useless info anyways. So on this forum, I really don't care if people don't retain the asking prices.

The only drawback is that as a new user here, you have no idea if a used Steve Klein is worth more than a used Predator. I'd say you have to watch diligently for at least a month to get any idea of market values on stuff.

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
?

I think everyone should do what they want to do with their own threads and worry about there own business.
If anyone has a problem with that please contact AZB member Mike Hunt :thumbup:

dom_poppa

Banned
If prices can be deleted, shouldn't we as consumers be able to talk about whether something is listed too high?

Also, sellers trying to pass off a used cue as new is annoying and expect new prices.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
I have something for sale right now.

And I am not telling anyone what it is or how much I want for it.

Any bidders?

Also, sellers trying to pass off a used cue as new is annoying and expect new prices.

Those are the ones that you are allowed to ignore if you wish. And, you are under no obligation to purchase it either.

Last edited:

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member

Any bidders?

Those are the ones that you are allowed to ignore if you wish. And, you are under no obligation to purchase it either.

I'll give you a buck for it, Canadian of course

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member

Any bidders?

One question, sir.....do you take Wheat bucks?

Don't you guys have anything else to worry about. Let the sellers do what they're gonna do and be done with it. Why do the biggest complainers always have "0" itrader feedback. Kind of funny....obviously just pot-stirring.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
No Inlays :D

Unlike the pool cues, no pro player plays with a racquet that is available to a normal person. they are custom made by racquet companies with mostly high quality graphite and then given a paintjob to match the racquet they normally advertise. Most weekend warriors on the tennis court cannot wield a pro player racquet as their swing weight, static weight etc are much higher than what players without lots of practice can successfully play with.

You can buy a pro racquet not used by a player from ebay and some other sources and customize it with lead strips and silicone injected into the handle to match the specs that you like. The advantage being the quality material used in the racquet construction and the lower stiffness of those materials. This is done by usually higher end players.

The pro used racquets are the ones that hit 20K and they are just for collecting. Most fans would love to have a Roger Federer played racquet, just so they have a souvenir from their favorite pro.

Do they describe tennis racquets as "monster player" or "hits a ton"?
How do you install a Balance Rite extension on a tennis racquet?
Will a tennis racquet flipper accept Wheat Bucks?
Are my old tennis racquets worth anything?
Then we get into the game vs. sport controversy of pool vs. tennis.
For instance, you don't really call your tennis racquet a "main player", because the player is the player, but in pool, your cue is your main player, and the player is also the player.
Unlike a pool hall and pool cues, I've never seen anyone at the tennis courts with a dealer case trying to sell tennis racquets :smile: "here, hit a few balls with this one"
It's hard to compare custom pool cues to anything else, and tennis racquets are like baseball bats and bowling balls.

spktur

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shhh It's a secret!!!! The advantage would be we could build a reasonable reference to the value of cues. The Blue Books, while a good reference to the maker info has pricing that means practically nothing. It's the same with the gun Blue Books. To value guns, you go to a site like Gunbroker and see what it sells for and add fifty dollars for shipping and receiving the transfer and you have the actual value.

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would like it if prices stayed after the sale.
The seller can just ass 'sold' in the add somewhere near the price so they're not getting requests long after the cue is sold.