Why do only women use chin on cue stick method?

ridewiththewind

♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
Silver Member
Speaking from personal experience, I know I don't bend the same way a woman can. (There have been a few I have met who could AMAZE you). Their physical make up is different from men, and I think it's great!

But it may just be a little bit easier, and therefore more comfortable for females to shoot that way than it is for men. I seem to remember years ago something about standing behind a chair, bending over and trying to lift the chair. Men couldn't do it, but women could. Something to do with weight distribution I think.

Anyway, that's my theory, and I'm sticking to it!

(until someone comes up with a better theory)

Steve

It's because men bend at the waist, and women bend at the hips...it is also why womens' center of gravity is lower than mens'.

I do it for two reasons...one, it helps me to keep my head down, after the shot, and two, it just looks really friggin' cool to see the balls travel at table level to the pocket. :D

Lisa ======> doesn't suck.

Last edited:

12310bch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think that alot of the women players you may be reffering to are from a snooker background. Kearen, A. Fisher, K. Fisher among other Euro players. Maybe the others sawthe success that Allison washaving and figured they wouldtry it. However thats my opinin,

So Allison washaving too so her whiskers wouldn't get caught in the joint.
I thought that it was so they could stroke their stick in between their boobs. I'll have to investigate further

SKJoss72

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
although I am probably a B player and almost 300#s at 6'3" I keep my chin down even tho the chin hairs are at risk

Mr Slate

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Silver Member
I do it but only when I'm on the money ball. I also take too long to chalk my tip on the $$ ball just to piss them off. It works. :thumbup:

SCCues

< Searing Twins
Silver Member
I seem to remember years ago something about standing behind a chair, bending over and trying to lift the chair. Men couldn't do it, but women could. Something to do with weight distribution I think.

Steve

I saw lifting the chair with your head touching a wall on TV (I think it was three of your shoes back to back from the wall and then bend over and put your head against the wall with the chair under your chest). Women take three steps (shoes back to back) and they can lift right up with the chair, but men can't do it. It's the physical make up of male vs. female bodies which is different and it's natural for a female pool player to bend over far enough to touch their chin on the cue. Some men can do it if they are limber enough (younger men mostly), but all women can do it........

James

DaveK

Still crazy after all these years
Silver Member
Why don’t men(especially shorter ones) use the chin on the cue method?

I have my chin on the cue for most normal shots (I am well above the cue for many kicks, above for very close-range shots, and of course any funny cueing shots like jumps/masses/etc.).

Dave <--- 5' 5.5", a perfect height for a guy his size

leehayes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the reason I don't put my chin on the cue is because I get cross eyed when I get that low.

Snapshot9

son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Silver Member
Chin

My chin is never more than 1/2" above my cue, and my chin touches at times. Of course, I am 5'7", and I stand correctly (basically meaning I bend at the waist and keep my back straight like you are suppose to do).

12310bch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the reason I don't put my chin on the cue is because I get cross eyed when I get that low.

I had a physical problem with it too. I'm 6'2" tall so that's pretty low for me. I was in a 8-ball game and I was on the 4th ball of a run (my high) and I
had gotten my chin down on the stick for each shot. Well, the 4th time was too much. All the blood rushed to my head and I passed out right there on the table. The funny thing was that I was well balanced and so I didn't move. Everybody just thought I was lining up the shot and was slow to pull the trigger. So nobody did anything. They waited and waited and waited. Finally one of the opponents after yelling at me to shoot the effing ball a number of times got up and checked. Luckily we were playing partners and the three of them were able to move me over to a chair to sit down. They saw that I was still alive and our opponents, good sports that they were , let my partner take my shots to finish the game. I finally woke up and still had my stick in my hand. I ask what was up and my partner said we just won the game and he had made the 8-ball so it was my turn to break. So he told me to get up and make a ball. I broke and we won again so we came out pretty good that night. Nobody told me what happened until later and I found it hard to believe.

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I do it but only when I'm on the money ball. I also take too long to chalk my tip on the $$ ball just to piss them off. It works. :thumbup:

i do that because i'm hoping to god they give me the ball so i won't have the chance to dog it