Womens Fashion and Pool

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
The Rolling Stones always required having a snooker table in their "green room" at concerts. They didn't exactly play snooker like Steve Davis, Steve Hendry or Ronnie O'Sullivan, but they brought positive attention to snooker. As many things as Kevin Trudeau got wrong in his 2006 IPT experiment, one thing he got right was attempting to associate celebrities with pool, which he did by kicking off his tour with a match between Mike Sigel and Loree Jon Jones in Las Vegas that had formal dress and celebrities galore, the closest pool ever got to a red carpet special.

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Rolling Stones always required having a snooker table in their "green room" at concerts. They didn't exactly play snooker like Steve Davis, Steve Hendry or Ronnie O'Sullivan, but they brought positive attention to snooker. As many things as Kevin Trudeau got wrong in his 2006 IPT experiment, one thing he got right was attempting to associate celebrities with pool, which he did by kicking off his tour with a match between Mike Sigel and Loree Jon Jones in Las Vegas that had formal dress and celebrities galore, the closest pool ever got to a red carpet special.

I used to play a weekly tourney at a place in Quincy, MA. They had a 12’ Riley snooker table that was quite nice. One week, it was gone. I asked where it went, and it went to The Rolling Stones hotel suite in Boston for a week or so. Kinda cool!

KMRUNOUT

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are some older events where some of the ladies wore dresses. Not really the thing to wear when you may be stretching over the table or bending over a lot in odd poses. I think then the US Open had a women's division those recorded matches had a few of them in skirts.

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
its all about what message can a pro pool event promote separate from playing great pool.

itd be great if each country had a minimum dress code requirement, for fans and players.

im saying call it fashion but on the rulebooks call it dress code options.

what outfits would you approve for both male and female players?

im suggesting provide options for players to share personality visually, preferably by fashion.

players already know how to act out, what else can they do?

dress code is usually a hot topic i called it fashion

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Gold Member
Silver Member
1614818036013.png
://t1.daumcdn.net/cfile/blog/11522301492D24F122?original

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
Olhausen did a photo shoot with Christina Aguilera

a latina American pop singer