Wonder what happened to your UPS shipped pool cue?

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
It is beyond insane that they let this happen. You would think that would be a pretty easy situation to fix.

RingKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is beyond insane that they let this happen. You would think that would be a pretty easy situation to fix.
There are a lot of counterfeit narcotics (opioids) pouring into the country right now. The pills are made very well and very hard to identify from the real drugs.

At the same time the feds are cracking down on Doctors that "over" prescribe pain medication.

Laboratory studies have found that as many as 1 out of every 4 counterfeit pills contains a lethal dose of fentynal.

This will eventually "fix the situation". Unfortunately we will lose many teenagers, artists, musicians, and good people struggling with pain along the way.

Sorry this is a little dark but it is whats going on.

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I buy almost everything from Amazon. Lately ,almost every package has a corner torn off my guess is ,that's where they stuck an endoscope in, to see if it was worth stealing .

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are a lot of counterfeit narcotics (opioids) pouring into the country right now. The pills are made very well and very hard to identify from the real drugs.

At the same time the feds are cracking down on Doctors that "over" prescribe pain medication.

Laboratory studies have found that as many as 1 out of every 4 counterfeit pills contains a lethal dose of fentynal.

This will eventually "fix the situation". Unfortunately we will lose many teenagers, artists, musicians, and good people struggling with pain along the way.

Sorry this is a little dark but it is whats going on.
I watched my neighbors grandson grow up the last 25 years . He was a nice kid, never got in trouble, His dad became an alcoholic and he moved in with his grandma at about 23 and he got a job at a warehouse and within a year was a shipping manager. He smoked a little pot when he first came to live with her and I warned him that it was not an innocent drug for some people . To be careful, and not to start experimenting with other things because he had extra money , I especially warned him about coke.
He said yeah, then he quit coming over and talking and I noticed some odd behaviour. One day he was messing with his car and I told him if he ever wanted to talk to someone and not be judged just listened to , I was there for him. He never came.
When the first bunches of bad drugs, laced with Fentanyl came through Columbus about 2 1/2 years ago. He was one of 5 fatalities over a weekend.

VarmintKong

Cannonball comin’!
He smoked a little pot when he first came to live with her and I warned him that it was not an innocent drug for some people . To be careful, and not to start experimenting with other things because he had extra money , I especially warned him about coke.
How old is dirt?

The Gateway Theory was debunked DECADES ago. Prescription DRUGS are much more dangerous than marijuana. People are screwed up. It’s cool that you made an effort to help somebody in need. It sucks that his demons got the best of him, but smoking pot was not the the impetus for his downfall. I’ve seen people overdose on prescription medication or drink themselves to death, but will never see somebody who is in the gutter due to “The Reefer Madness.”

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How old is dirt?

The Gateway Theory was debunked DECADES ago. Prescription DRUGS are much more dangerous than marijuana. People are screwed up. It’s cool that you made an effort to help somebody in need. It sucks that his demons got the best of him, but smoking pot was not the the impetus for his downfall. I’ve seen people overdose on prescription medication or drink themselves to death, but will never see somebody who is in the gutter due to “The Reefer Madness.”
I agree that prescription drugs are more dangerous but there will always be a certain percentage of marijuana smokers that will try harder drugs at some point. Whether or not you consider that The Gateway Theory or not, it’s life for some.

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How old is dirt?

No. The debunking efforts are clinical studies...not based on real world things that happen among drug users.

People that start smoking weed often are turned onto other things by people they meet that are into it too. Friends, the friendly dealer, a girl they like that uses and things like this. Most people will discreetly keep their drug habit/hobby on the down low for a while except when around others they have met that are into it too. This is how the gateway effect works. Trust me as a dry drunk/former user I speak from experience. Socially people will ask me why aren't you drinking too...don't you like it? LOL my answer is always the same "Oh, no I like it too much!!" I admit I have had one foot out of the wagon a few times...but I was able to catch myself each time thankfully-counseling is wonderful to discover why you do things and how to stop...not easy!

It is true most do not die from smoking weed but I have seen a few people I know get weed with something "extra" on it or rolled up with it. Pretty scary.

One of the amusing and predictable side effects of legalization efforts is what happened to illegal drug sales. They are still there...in part to avoid drug taxes..and many growers are supplying the legal shops who will buy that product because it is cheaper and to fill demand.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Ups treated employees like crap, they will see you protection for package against someone loss,thrift, damage. Like Federal Express the process to get paid for loss is on you, 👎🐂💩.

USPS sells insurance, they pay claims. I like usps.

Brandon79ta

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought the railroad cops were supposed to be pretty rough.
Railroad police are a joke. I worked for 2 years moving railroad crews around. Never once seen the railroad police or even a regular cop. Heck most of the rail yards barely have any working lights much less security cameras or actual security. Honestly I'm shocked they don't get robbed more often.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
And all you hear is that the USA is unfairly putting too many people in jail. From what I see going on by the railroad tracks the US is not putting enough people in prison. Why do we not see this stuff on the news?? What is wrong with the MSM??

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
And all you hear is that the USA is unfairly putting too many people in jail. From what I see going on by the railroad tracks the US is not putting enough people in prison. Why do we not see this stuff on the news?? What is wrong with the MSM??

You want to admit crime is out off of control.

Liberals see nothing wrong, because they are not victims.

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
Here is another place those "undelivered" packages commonly go. Delivery drivers stealing the packages, or dumping them because they "didn't feel like delivering them", is far more common than most people think. A quick search will pull up no shortage of examples from all over. I would have thought that the delivery services know all the packages that were loaded onto a truck each time, and if more than a few of those packages ended up being reported as having not been delivered it would be pretty clear what happened and could be traced back to the responsible driver (a few undelivered packages could be anything but these drivers are stealing or dumping dozens or even hundreds at a time sometimes), but apparently that isn't the case and there isn't a good way to catch this outside of the dump site being discovered and reported.

Last edited:

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Reminds me of my tour in Turkey during my Air Force years. It was a given that almost anything of value being shipped over there was going to be stolen, but folks did it anyway.