World 9 Ball Championship 2017 (9-14 Dec) ,Doha- Winner $30K

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Liu Haitao eliminates Sanchez Ruiz hill-hill after Sanchez Ruiz fouled jumping for the 2
Albin ties Woo 9-9 .Albin breaking

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Goodness, that Albin -Woo match must be longest so far. Albin is real master grinder. Both of them took their own sweet time sitting in their chairs and waiting for their opponent to sit down before they stand up to shoot lol. I hope they shoot shot clock from tomorrow

:
LAST 16 (starts 13 Dec 10am tomorrow Local time/ 2am ET/ 7am GMT. i.e. 15.5 hours from now)
http://www.esnooker.pl/turnieje/2017/w9bc/en/show_drabinka.php?id_t=197

Albin/Woo
Wu Kun Lin

Hsieh Chia Chen
Thorsten Hohmann

Carlo Biado
Jeff Ignacio

Liu Haitao
Ko Ping Chung

Ko Pin Yi
Roland Garcia

Jalal Al Sarisi
Dang Jinghu

Maung Maung
Joshua Filler

Eklent Kaci
John Morra

Europe 4
Taiwan 4
Philippines 3
China 2
Canada 1
Myanmar 1
Venezuela 1

It is great that South America ( Jalal Al Sarisi) is represented. I think this is first time I see a South American go into deep stages of a major tourney.
Also first time Myanmar (Maung Maung) is represented in single elimination stage. Former snooker player Maung eliminated Johann Chua earlier. :smile:

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone have a report on Thorsten? What are his chances of going to the finals?
I know he would have to get by Albin, but it seems he has been playing really well as of late (I think he made it to the semi finals of the China Open a month back).

It looks like Kaci and Filler are on a collision course to eventually play each other - this might be a precursor to many finals match-ups in the next decade of tournaments.

I'm still pulling for Morra - would be great to see him get a world title under his belt, but Kaci seems to be out gunning all his matches by reading the score sheet results .

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone have a report on Thorsten? What are his chances of going to the finals?
I know he would have to get by Albin, but it seems he has been playing really well as of late (I think he made it to the semi finals of the China Open a month back).

It looks like Kaci and Filler are on a collision course to eventually play each other - this might be a precursor to many finals match-ups in the next decade of tournaments.

I'm still pulling for Morra - would be great to see him get a world title under his belt, but Kaci seems to be out gunning all his matches by reading the score sheet results .

I was just thinking the same thing about Kaci and Filler, that would be a great final for news.

JohnnyOzone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Europe 4
Taiwan 4
Philippines 3
China 2
Canada 1
Myanmar 1
Venezuela 1

Why do you list how many are left by country - except for European countries? Is it a subconscious thing that makes Europe look stronger by comparison?
No Germany, Greece, Spain...just Europe.
No listing that Asia has 10 vs Europe 4?

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
Why do you list how many are left by country - except for European countries? Is it a subconscious thing that makes Europe look stronger by comparison?
No Germany, Greece, Spain...just Europe.
No listing that Asia has 10 vs Europe 4?

Ethnocentrism for the win!!!!!

Short Bus Russ

bear0478

Always learning..........
Silver Member
Biado vs. Ignacio

I'm on-board with a few of the other posts......... :clapping:c'mon Morra!!:clapping:

However; on a side note the match between Carlo Biado vs. Jeffery Ignacio might be a must see..... two top-tier Filipino's going at it... should be good. Plus the silky-smooth stroke that Biado possesses is always a treat to watch.

** Shameless Name Drop **

I had a chance to party with Carlo Biado a few years back (might have been about 2014) on his birthday. You can't meet a nicer guy; in the short time we hung-out he appeared like he does on T.V......... very humble.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
lol calm down, folks
The breakdown is not by continent or country- the breakdown is to highlight the "pool nations" i.e. Europe, USA, Philippines, Taiwan. If you look around, pool discussions often refer to Europe rather than individual European country ala Team Europe in Mosconi Cup.
Nothing to do with making Europe look good, people can count :D

I'm on-board with a few of the other posts......... :clapping:c'mon Morra!!:clapping:

However; on a side note the match between Carlo Biado vs. Jeffery Ignacio might be a must see..... two top-tier Filipino's going at it... should be good. Plus the silky-smooth stroke that Biado possesses is always a treat to watch.

** Shameless Name Drop **

I had a chance to party with Carlo Biado a few years back (might have been about 2014) on his birthday. You can't meet a nicer guy; in the short time we hung-out he appeared like he does on T.V......... very humble.

Kudos to Biado for winning a big one The World Games recently. But I prefer Ignacio stroke :D

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
It looks like all 8 matches in the round of Last-16 are at 10 am today (local time), about a half hour from now.

Does anyone know for sure what the days and times are for the Quarterfinals, Semifinals, and Finals?