AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Table 2 (Youtube Free Stream)

yt11 - Copy.jpg

YT2_n - Copy.jpg

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think Max Lechner is still very dangerous here. At the 2019 International, he beat both SVB and Filler, and lost the final to Shaw 13-11. He can hang with the big boys.

Yes agreed. Forgot about Lechner. Impressed with his play in 2019 IO. Been overshadowed by his fellow Austrians so this may be his time to shine:D

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They just said they aren't using the template anymore, and instead using a wooden rack.

Any idea why they made the change?

Reactions: sjm

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Right you are, Beiber.

They have done away with the template today at the World Championship and Jayson Shaw, who reminds me of myself in his tendency to try to watch all the matches at once, has noted that there have been a lot more dry breaks.

This is an excellent decision here by Matchroom, as it will reduce the number of matches in which one player gets to hog all the table time. All the five and six packs this week have been a joke, evidencing conditions that don't befit a world championship.

mikepage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think Max Lechner is still very dangerous here. At the 2019 International, he beat both SVB and Filler, and lost the final to Shaw 13-11. He can hang with the big boys.

Think how strong the performance Stu just mentioned is. And then Consider that in the same race-to-11 tournament he also beat Orcollo, Woodward, and Little Ko with those three getting to a combined 15 games.

And when it comes to the other Austrians, Max has prevailed (in what we have recorded) in his last 3 meetups with Albin and his last two meetups with Mario

Against Albin Ouschan
9-6 Mezz Stella Artois Open Feb 2020
7-6 Diamond Las Vegas Open July 2019
9-8 Eurotour Netherlands Feb 2019

Against Mario He
6-5 Swiss Open Aug 2020
9-7 Eurotour Austria Open 2019

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Right you are, Beiber.

They have done away with the template today at the World Championship and Jayson Shaw, who reminds me of myself in his tendency to try to watch all the matches at once, has noted that there have been a lot more dry breaks.

This is an excellent decision here by Matchroom, as it will reduce the number of matches in which one player gets to hog all the table time. All the five and six packs this week have been a joke, evidencing conditions that don't befit a world championship.
inconsistency is good? hog all the table time?

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
inconsistency is good? hog all the table time?
Inconsistency is not good, but this is a needed correction. Too many whitewashes in this event due to the easy conditions, and it has made the matches less exciting.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Think how strong the performance Stu just mentioned is. And then Consider that in the same race-to-11 tournament he also beat Orcollo, Woodward, and Little Ko with those three getting to a combined 15 games.
Thanks for that, Mike. I didn't arrive at the 2019 International until the fourth day so I didn't see some of these matches.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Right you are, Beiber.

aren't they just following the same system as in the US Open? template in the early stages, triangle in the finals.. i may very well be remembering this wrong.

Reactions: sjm

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've only watched some of the highlight reels, finally watching a bit live. Was the switch to a triangle rack planned for the last 2 days? Or a spur of the moment decision? I wouldn't fault MR either way, as they should do whats best for the viewership, IMO.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
aren't they just following the same system as in the US Open? template in the early stages, triangle in the finals.. i may very well be remembering this wrong.
Hey, you're right. I had forgotten that. Templates do speed up the play a bit, and at the 256 player US Open in 2019, Stage 1 was a race against the clock. Sure enough, they didn't use templates once they got down to 16 players.

Last edited:

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The only issue I would have is if the players weren't made aware the change would happen.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've only watched some of the highlight reels, finally watching a bit live. Was the switch to a triangle rack planned for the last 2 days? Or a spur of the moment decision? I wouldn't fault MR either way, as they should do whats best for the viewership, IMO.

i think planned, as sjm says the template speeds up play when there's a big field. the triangle, to me atleast, looks better on tv. when used by a referee, that is

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just bought the Dazn for the year. I normally don't like subscriptions and buy per event on the events I want to watch. But with MR taking over all the big events, (that I want to watch), the year deal seems right for me.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As an aside, Shaw has lost 50% of his Scottish accent. I didnt recognize him at first the other day.