Silver Member
No, No, NOT this pool championship :ROFLMAO:

pool - Copy.jpg

THIS ONE

wpc2021 - Copy.jpg

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The big one is here-starts in about 10 days. Now renamed back to World Pool Championship (was World 9 Ball Championship) like what it was called years ago when Matchroom was running it.

Players list of 128 players will be out anytime these few days based on these criteria

cri1 - Copy.JPG

crit2 - Copy.JPG

format - Copy.JPG

prize1 - Copy.JPG

Attachments

• prize1 - Copy.JPG
    prize1 - Copy.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 171

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
So it’s finally out of the Middle East....it’ll be a lot more exciting now that it’s back in Merry Olde...
....and it‘s hard to find a stream in a desert anyways. :)

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I
So it’s finally out of the Middle East....it’ll be a lot more exciting now that it’s back in Merry Olde...
....and it‘s hard to find a stream in a desert anyways. :)
If no or very limited fans allowed, it will be about the same:(

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Players preparations.

SVB

Jasmin
jas - Copy.JPG

Meanwhile somewhere in London............

gorst1 - Copy.JPG

:ROFLMAO:

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
will this be alternate break? with the chinese absent* i would say filler is the favorite. the shot clock favors him and svb.

* or can we hope for taiwanese players? what is the covid situation there? same for PI, biado and raga could make a big difference

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
will this be alternate break? with the chinese absent* i would say filler is the favorite. the shot clock favors him and svb.

* or can we hope for taiwanese players? what is the covid situation there? same for PI, biado and raga could make a big difference
Corona in Taiwan just took off from what my Taiwanese gf tells me. They had very few cases all last year, but now got the delayed reaction. They are now on lockdown.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I

If no or very limited fans allowed, it will be about the same:(
Quoting myself! Ha ha....

Mathroom had a press release a few days ago they will be allowing fans for the final day. Presumably that means fans are not allowed the prior days. So I suppose it’s going to be a boring ghost town until the finals.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
We may get a Cinderella story this year, which we've not had since Darryl Peach in 2007 or, if you prefer, Yukio Akagariyama in 2011. I'm not fully convinced the top few are in their best form. With the stars of Asia mostly absent, there are sure to be some easy draws out there and I think somebody unexpected will make a very deep run.

As many as 5 of the top 8 based on Fargo will miss the event. Not sure what to expect of Jayson Shaw, as he showed two different levels of form at the Mosconi and the World Pool Masters, but if he finds the form he showed at the Mosconi, I think his chances to win the title are very substantial. SVB will never have a better shot to end his career-long shutout at the World 9-ball Championship than this one, and it would be a great story if he finds a way.

The only certainty is that Matchroom will deliver a top quality professional pool product. The pandemic has barely slowed Matchroom down at all. Just remarkable!

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Corona in Taiwan just took off from what my Taiwanese gf tells me. They had very few cases all last year, but now got the delayed reaction. They are now on lockdown.

ok, thanks. that sucks. let's at least hope for a top rate pinoy contingency to change things up a little.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
PLAYERS LIST is out.
Draw/Brackets should be out soon

1. WORLD RANKINGS
Shane van Boening
(USA)
Fedor Gorst
(ROC)
Jayson Shaw
(GBR)
Alexander Kazakis
(GRE)
Niels Feijen
(NED)
Ralf Souquet
(GER)
Billy Thorpe
(USA)
Tyler Styer
(USA)
PLAYERS RANKED 1-16 ON THE MATCHROOM POOL WORLD RANKING
Albin Ouschan
(AUT)
Naoyuki Oi
(JPN)
Max Lechner
(AUT)
Eklent Kaci
(ALB)
Chris Melling
(GBR)
Darren Appleton
(GBR)
Billy Thorpe
(USA)
2. CONTINENTAL FEDERATION INVITATIONS
(JPN)
Roberto Gomez
(PHI)
So Shaw
(IRI)
Hunter Lombardo
(USA)
Jeremy Sossei
(USA)
Jennifer Barretta
(USA)
Mieszko Fortunski
(POL)
Karol Skowerski
(POL)
Tomasz Kaplan
(POL)
Denis Grabe
(EST)
Mario He
(AUT)
Francisco Sanchez-Ruiz
(ESP)
Konrad Juszczyszyn
(POL)
Wojciech Szewczyk
(POL)
Mark Gray
(GBR)
Oliver Szolnoki
(HUN)
Sanjin Pahlivanovic
(BIH)
Roman Hybler
(CZE)
Mats Schjetne
(NOR)
Radoslaw Babica
(POL)
Muhummed Daydat
(RSA)
Richard Halliday
(RSA)
Vincent Halliday
(RSA)
Ruben Bautista
(MEX) Jeff Nieuwenhuyzen
Ricardo Sini
(ITA)
Nikos Ekonomopoulos
(GRE)
Daniel Maciol
(POL)
Tim de Ruyter
(NED)
Marco Dorenburg
(GER)
Miquel Silva
(POR)
Tobias Bongers
(GER)
Vitaliy Patsura
(UKR)
Shane Wolford
(USA)
Jani Siekkinen
(FIN)
3. TOURNAMENT INVITES
(USA)
Benji Buckley
(GBR)
Elliot Sanderson
(GBR)
Julio Burgos
(PUR)
Kaiden Hunkins
(USA)
Kristina Tkach
(ROC)
Lukas Fracasso Verner
(USA)
Marc Vidal
(USA)
Marcel Price
(GBR)
Margaret Fefilova
(BLR)
Oscar Dominquez
(USA)
Ricky Evans
(USA)
Sergey Lutsker
(ROC)
Stephen Holem
(CAN)
Wiktor Zielinski
(POL)
4. MATCHROOM POOL EVENTS
Chris Robinson
(USA)
Skyler Woodward
(USA)
PLAYERS WHO FINISHED 1ST-9TH AT US OPEN 2019
Jeffrey De Luna
(PHI)
Imran Majid
(GBR)
PLAYERS WHO FINISHED 1ST-9TH AT WORLD 9-BALL CHAMPIONSHIP 2019
Casper Matikainen
(FIN)
Ruslan Chinakhov
(ROC)
Waleed Majid
(QAT)
Aloysuis Yapp
(SGP)
Mateusz Sniegocki
(POL)
PREDATOR CHAMPIONSHIP LEAGUE POOL WINNERS' GROUP 2021
David Alcaide
(ESP)
Mark Bijsterbosch
(NED)
5. WPA WOMEN'S WORLD RANKINGS
Jasmin Ouschan
(AUT)
6. EVENT WINNERS
Jonas Souto Comino
(ESP)
WPA JUNIOR GIRLS WORLD CHAMPION
WPA U-17 WORLD CHAMPION
Moritz Neuhausen
(GER)
7. WORLD RANKINGS
Toru Kuribayashi
(JPN)
Marco Teutscher
(NED)
Mika Immonen
(FIN)
Nick Malai
(GRE)
Petri Makkonen
(FIN)
Yip Kin-Ling
(HK)
Robbie Capito
(HK)
Danny Olson
(USA)
Omar Al Shaheen
(KUW)
Pijus Labutis
(LTU)
Mohammad Berjawi
(LEB)
Jakub Koniar
(SLO)
8. ADDITIONAL TOURNAMENT INVITES
(CZE)
Michal Gavenciak
(CZE)
Fabio Petroni
(ITA)
Daniele Corrieri
(ITA)
Mickey Krause
(DEN)
Bahram Lotfy
(DEN)
Badar Abdullah Alawadhi
(KUW)
Christoph Reintjes
(GER)
Mark Magi
(EST)
Aleksa Pecelj
(SRB)
Ronald Regli
(SUI)
Dimitri Jungo
(SUI)
Yana Halliday
(BLR)
Veronika Ivanovskaia
(GER)
Kevin Lannoye
(BEL)
Andreja Klasovic
(SRB)
Vladimir Matvienko
(ROC)
Francisco Gatsby
(CHI)
Henrique Correia
(POR)
Vania Franco
(POR)
Darcy Joseph McGinley
(CAN)
Jan van Lierop
(NED)
Andreas Madsen
(DEN)
Ivica Putnik
(CRO)
Ivo Aarts
(NED)
Alain Da Costa
(FRA)
Kim Laaksonen
(FIN)
Roberto Bartol
(CRO)
Benjamin Belhassen
(FRA)
Philipp Stojanovic
(CRO)
Daniel Schneider
(SUI)

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The sessions are now on the DAZN schedule. Normal starting time each day is 7AM Eastern, 4AM Pacific. DAZN has been pretty good lately about making sessions available for later viewing. They still have the finals of the World Pool Masters and the World Cup of Pool available.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I know it's very dangerous to call players with whom I'm unfamiliar dead money (after all, John Daly won the PGA Golf Championship in 1991 as the seventh alternate, and almost nobody had ever heard of him at that point), but that's my inclination, and I'd suggest there's lots of dead money in this field. That said, there's also plenty of quality and nobody will cruise through Stage 2.

It's easy to bemoan the lack of the kind of field befitting a World Pool Championship, but ultimately unfair. It isn't Matchroom's fault.. That they have pieced together a field as elite as this one is a great achievement, and it is yet another reminder that they set the standard in our sport. I'm far more inclined to focus on the fact that this should be a great event that will deliver plenty of drama.

I'm also very pleased to see the continuation of Matchroom's policy of inviting some of the top women to participate. Of course, we all want to see Chinese superstars Han Yu and Siming Chen mixing it up with the top men in the World Pool Championship, but we'll have to wait.

Finally, I strongly approve of the fact that Matchroom has renamed this event the "World Pool Championship" rather than sticking with the World 9-ball Championship as in the past. After all, 9-ball is the world's championship game, and in many circles it's the only rotation game of which people are aware. Matchroom has long realized that, to most of their viewing audience, 9-ball and pro pool mean exactly the same thing, and that the only player that should be recognized as world champion is the winner of this event, which was formerly known as the World 9-ball Championship.

I can't wait! Good luck to all of these fine players. I'd say good luck to Matchroom, but they don't need it, for they have shown time and time again that they can deliver a top quality pool production.

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
Finally, I strongly approve of the fact that Matchroom has renamed this event the "World Pool Championship" rather than sticking with the World 9-ball Championship as in the past. After all, 9-ball is the world's championship game, and in many circles it's the only rotation game of which people are aware. Matchroom has long realized that, to most of their viewing audience, 9-ball and pro pool mean exactly the same thing, and that the only player that should be recognized as world champion is the winner of this event, which was formerly known as the World 9-ball Championship.
I don't know... Isn't that akin to removing all the other foot races from the olympics because majority only appear to care about the 100m sprint?

While I'm indifferent to 10-ball, isn't the idea of a individual 8-ball and 9-ball World Championships viable...? Players could aspire to "unify the titles" or some crap...lol. Why is a world title in 9-ball more improtant than 8-ball...?

I don't understand the motive behind the name change. Unless their saving money on the extra character they need to spell '9 ball' in the advertisements.