WORLD POOL (nineball) CHAMPIONSHIP (6-10 April2022), UK, Winner $60K

Scrunge19

Registered
Mika was arguing that when he put the 9 back down, he moved it over slightly so Shane could see enough of the 1 to make it. Whereas before he moved the template rack from underneath, the 9 was blocking enough of the 1 to make the pot unmakable or maybe more difficult. I went back and rewatched and it was really tight when Shane made it. So seemed to be a valid remark by Mika.

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
6caqLjL.png

The final table.

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That match was perfect example what i´ve been saying in Alternative vs WInner break format threads. We never get matches like that with alternative breaks!!! I LOVE WHAT MATCHROOM IS DOING... MAKING POOL GREAT AGAIN!

Last edited:

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
Mika was arguing that when he put the 9 back down, he moved it over slightly so Shane could see enough of the 1 to make it. Whereas before he moved the template rack from underneath, the 9 was blocking enough of the 1 to make the pot unmakable or maybe more difficult. I went back and rewatched and it was really tight when Shane made it. So seemed to be a valid remark by Mika.
I don't think Mika was claiming that Shane couldn't make the 1 before the ref re-spotted the 9, he was just claiming that he should have used a marker to mark the position of the 9 in the first place (which of course he's right about). The reason I don't think that he was claiming that Shane couldn't make the 1 before the ref re-spotted the 9 is because after the rack Shane told him he could make the 1 before the ref re-spotted the 9, and Mika seemed to agree, but just reiterated that the ref should have used a marker for the 9 ball.

FastManners

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That was brilliant by Shane. Amazing comeback and mental strength to hold it together despite the distractions.
Cheering Shane on now, as it would be a travesty if he didn't win a world title.

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
That match was perfect example what i´ve been saying in Alternative vs WInner break format threads. We never get matches like that!!! I LOVE WHAT MATCHROOM IS DOING... MAKING POOL GREAT AGAIN!
But wait, what has Matchroom to do with it? Mika makes that 5 ball, end of story. I mean, in order to get such amazing comebacks (nothing to take from SVB here) you gotta have a huge lead being built firsthand.

And the point I was making earlier today, after an afternoon session, finally got to the climax. How could one praise Matchroom for a great tournament while they did not care to provide a freaking ball marker for every referee at the venue?! Even if we make an assumption MR don't have a clue about that, they hired the head referee (Leymahn?) who should have required those markers. This is ridiculous organization at this level.