World Snooker Professional Championship 2013

Fieldhammer

Instructor/Cue Sales
Silver Member
Ronnie O'Sullivan comes clean at the press conference. He's only come back for the money. His kids school tuition needs to be paid and he's a few months behind!

Ronnie says he'll play 10 events next season, just enough to fulfill his contract with the vodka company that sponsors him.

I'm glad I came to Sheffield this year!

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ronnie O'Sullivan comes clean at the press conference. He's only come back for the money. His kids school tuition needs to be paid and he's a few months behind!

Ronnie says he'll play 10 events next season, just enough to fulfill his contract with the vodka company that sponsors him.

I'm glad I came to Sheffield this year!

i knew it was about the cash, he looks kinda detached, like he is just banging balls by himself. he was a bit irritated he had to come back for 1 frame tonight

wish i was there with you, im in germany sweating it all. thats 2nd best i suppose. I got some arthritic condition(not my regular back problem) So i am here i can't do much some days other days i'm fine. Have fun Mike, see you soon i hope.

Last edited:

Slasher

KE = 0.5 • m • v2
Silver Member
Oh you guys think Ronnie is a simple and predictable character eh :D
The truth will come out in his next documentary.

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hawkins marches into last four

http://www.sportinglife.com/snooker/news/article/663/8683422/hawkins-marches-into-last-four

So Ding donged again at the Crucible . At 9-7 behind I thought Ding's going out and that's my first bet down and Kaiser Willheim ( William Hill bookmaker's ) is going 1-0 up in the bet .

Quote from the above article :

Ding, 26, has made a bad habit of underperforming at the World Championship, and after his latest disappointment suggested it might be time to find a mentor.

Grasshopper won't be pleased when he hears this news but Ding will be back to try again next year bidding to become the first man from china to win the title etc etc etc . :rolleyes:;)

But well played to Barry Hawkins . :thumbup:

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tipster of the day was Hazel Irvine

Judd Trump 13 V 12 Shaun Murphy

About an hour and a half to the final frame decider and Hazel Irvine said it's going to a final frame decider . Hazel Irvine called it so if you are ever in a Bookmaker's and see Hazel Irvine scribing out a line ask her for a tip as she knows what she is talking about ! :wink::D:thumbup:

Cashrider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Wolf

Thanks for the link...

Judd is confident in his game and fearless in his nature, one of the attributes of youth.

He says in match play he has won more times than he lost against Ronnie...if true cant argue with that....

Ronnie says in the article that he has lost interest in the game and wants to move on....

to young up n' comer, Judd Trump, I say this :

There's an old saying, perhaps you've heard it, but failed to heed its' warning...

.................DON'T WAKE A SLEEPING TIGER ! ..................

but it's too late for that now.

I'm sure your brash comments have reached the ears of Ronnie O'sullivan.

And Judd, you have awakened that tiger.....

let's all see how that works out for you.

Game on or soups on.

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Judd Trump V Shaun Murphy

The night before the match started I said to my son Johnny what's Judd Trump's odds at William Hill and he said 4/9.i sat and tought the match out and couldn't see passed Judd Trump with his improved safety game so I said to Johnny get me a fiver (£5) on Judd Trump @ 4/9 then as I can't see him lose this match.

I thought the match would pan out with two tied sessions and Judd pulling away to win by 3/4 frames.So at 8-3 to Shaun I was sitting watching the match think why,why,why did I risk a fiver on Judd when I couldn't afford to lose it in the first place but then came the comeback to 8-8.

Frame 22.

Although Hazel called it a final frame decider I'm thinking no Judd has got this even down to the pink and black I thought if Judd takes this he will win the next and my 13-10 bet is up.Shaun takes pink and black,Judd takes the next & Shaun the next and it's 12-12.

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Judd Trump V Shaun Murphy

25th and Final Frame decider.

This match developed into a war , a Chess game they said in the commentary and they were not joking . I was fixed to my seat watching it . The odd time I took a glimpse at the computer for in frame running odds Judd was up 40 points or so , reds tied up and two reds tying up the balack and I'm thinking looks like I've got my fiver back from the Kaiser on this match and I aint doing that again but snooker is not as simple as that and the snooker safety battle kicks in with excellent play from both players but Judd Trump get's the upper hand with 2 fantastic hides behind the blue but I still ain't getting my fiver back as Judd ends up in a trap top rail with two reds at the bottom rail and missed but even when it was down to the final colours it wasn't clear who would win but Judd Trump pullls but I ain't in a hurry to do a bet like that again , phew .:eek::wink::grin::thumbup:

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Bob

I thought at first that someone had a broken arm but I see now that the odds are given mid-match.

Skybet do the match odds in running but then again I suppose all the major UK Bookies do . There was a better chance that President Obama would annonce that Aliens had landed at The White House than Stuart Bingham winning 8 frames in a row against a rampant Ronnie O'Sullivan.:thumbup:

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Judd Trump safety play improvement

From what I seen of this match earlier I thought , hey , this is Judd Trump who is playing like 'Touche Turtle'. From 2 years ago .

The guy who was a blue ball away from beating John Higgins.

Well 2 years later , Judd Trump has added a saftey game to his play.

Some of the pots were out of this world in the last frame of the session and confirmation that Judd has the fizz back in the cue ball was confirmed in that final frame of the session.I mean , how on earth did the cue ball stay on the table when he potted that final black of the session ? Lol .

Answers on a postcard please etc . That was some shot ! :cool::thumbup:

Well , if you doubted that Judd Trump had not improved his safety game you were left in no doubts after that epic match against Shaun Murphy.
That was top class safety play from both players but Judd Trump came out on top.:cool:;):thumbup:

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Trump beats Murphy in final frame

http://www.sportinglife.com/snooker/news/article/663/8684052/trump-beats-murphy-in-final-frame

EPIC !

Match of the tournament by a long way !

Trump wins Murphy thriller :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/snooker/22370248

The Highlights are on BBC2 right now but when I tried to watch it live at the start of the final session BBC2 Scotland showed Politics Scotland and I had to watch online until 3.30pm when the garbage Politic programme finished . I should request a TV Licence :grin-square::cool::grin::wink:refund for that !

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Walden sees off White

http://www.sportinglife.com/snooker/news/article/663/8684313/walden-sees-off-white

Well played Ricky Walden but what a great debut from Michael White and maybe it was one step too far for the kid but he can put it down to experience and develop into a better all round player , best of luck to the kid.

In my battle with Der Kaiser Willheim ( William Hill Bookmakers ) he whipped my ass 4-0 but the way I look at it I've got one in a few thousand attempts to get 4 match results up for 50p lines . :wink::thumbup:

Pfnatic

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Good insight into both player mindsets before this epic clash. What a match this is going to be. If both are on their A game, we should see something like the PTC finals in Antwerp.

Ronnie is a mental mess. Fallout of being a mad genious and a perfectionist. I read his autobiography and he mentioned that he used to get unhappy when the balls weren't going into the center of the pocket. Hell, he said something on the lines of playing miserably during the frame where he made a 147 against Marco Fu in the 2005 world championships. How many people can say that they played horrible in a frame of snooker inspite of making a maximum clearance.

The reason Ronnie gets so upset is because he feels far superior to every player he plays and cannot stand losing to them, the only two exceptions being Stephen Hendry and John Higgins. That is one of the things he said he was working on during the last year's championship. Even though he repeatedly threatens to retire, I am sure he will play competitive snooker for a long time to come :)

Judd on the other hand is a totally different character. But I really believe that he is one of the very few players who is not afraid of Ronnie. He is not just saying that. And his record shows that.

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Down to the final four players

Skybet odds :

http://www.skybet.com/snooker/betType/tournament-winner

Ronnie O'Sullivan 5/6 FAV

Judd Trump 2/1

Ricky Walden 15/2

Barry Hawkings 15/2

Well what can you say about those odds !

Ronnie or Judd will get to the final and Ricky or Barry will get to the final and one man will play the other man and take the title . So does that mean it is worth a small flutter on Ricky or Barry at this stage ? I dunno , just thought I would ask the question . :wink: