Would a trianing tool like this be allowed in touraments

I'd call it unsportsmanlike conduct for a person to use one of those in a tourney. It is an obvious attempt at sharking and distracting one's opponent...and it'd work on me, I'd be hyperventilating from laughter.
 
Wow... now that is a gadget. I'm gonna get my Thompson Rail Stroker out & see if it will be allowed in Tournaments.
 
Its listed as a Cue Accessory

Quote from their advertisement .
Improve Your Accuracy with a SightRight Training Insert Cue Extender!

You don't have to wait to start experimenting with SightRight - or get rid of your favorite cue. Now any cue can give you the benefit of SightRight - in seconds. Just slip one of these 3.75" Maple extenders between your cue butt and shaft, and away you go. Supported by the SightRight smartphone training app (available through the Apple Store and GooglePlay) and comes in 5 joint sizes*: 3/8x10, 5/16x14, 5/16x18, Radial, Uni-loc.

SightRight Benefits

SightRight improves your game by helping: •Develop a consistent pre-shot routine using a simple two-line alignment system
•Remove the guesswork surrounding eye dominance and aiming
•Perfect your aim by focusing on utilizing your individual eye dominance
•Create consistently aligned technique, carrying through to accurate cue action
•Improve accuracy across your entire game, including rest play and escaping snookers
•Give specific practice routines to hone your new skills


The only time the word training was used was referring to the training app smart phone not the extender itself.
If this extenders are legal then shouldn't this be legal ?

I have been thinking of Drawing a pencil line down the spine of one of my shafts for my main player .
Is that a good I Idea ?

I made a 6 inch extender for a tall guy out of Canada , I think it weighed 3.5 OZ.
Any extender is going to make your cue front heavy .....................
Until you move the weight to the butt of the cue.
And the going have to be place right at the very end of the butt........... and its going to have to weigh allot to counter act the extender changing the balance servilely.
Where is the line drawn on what can be incorporated into a pool cue ?

In this day and age of technology it really wouldn't be that hard to ( incorporate ) a programmable laser sighting system ( into ) a pool cue !
As far as that goes I am surprised they haven't made pool cue that you don't have to stroke or a cue that compresses to what ever speed you want to shoot the ball !
 
Viking has a shaft that has a black 90* 'cross' that the four pie pieces of maple are 'implanted'. That give one 4 lines to use so the the cue is not always on the same rotation.

I think this extender would be better for 'knowing' if one is sighting down the straight line, but would have the cue always on the same rotation.

No big deal I guess. If a tip wears oddly, just change the tip.

I was thinking about getting a Balance Rite extension until I read here of quality issues regarding the 'straightness' of the connections.

If these have no problem with that I would certain consider one.

It is sort of like some of the putters in golf to assure the head in 'soled' correctly so the loft of the putter does not send the ball off line or that loft is not being added or subtracted.


Best 2 You & All.
 
Last edited:
It's an interesting gadget. And if it were priced a bit lower I would maybe consider getting one to test. But I have found the cheapest alternative that works well for me is to buy some blue painters tape, and cut a thin slice of tape and place it verical on the ferrule, or under the ferrule directly on the shaft. And as long as u keep the shaft up with the tape side visible u will have a nice visual clue to see that your stroking correctly. Cheap and easy.
 
This devise is not about stroking....

but is instead about the alignment of the cue relative to one's vision. The lines IN the device must be seen to line up. Otherwise one is not looking from a point in line with the cue.

It is similar to how one should test one's vision with that different level board or the tape on the rail & bed of the table.

Best 2 All.
 
Last edited:
Viking already makes a shaft with lines down the spine.

Dr. Cue already has a springloaded cue (he's had it rebuilt a couple of times)...it sometimes works, but mostly not.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

I have been thinking of Drawing a pencil line down the spine of one of my shafts for my main player .
Is that a good I Idea ?


As far as that goes I am surprised they haven't made pool cue that you don't have to stroke or a cue that compresses to what ever speed you want to shoot the ball !
 
Line down the spine

Viking already makes a shaft with lines down the spine.

Dr. Cue already has a springloaded cue (he's had it rebuilt a couple of times)...it sometimes works, but mostly not.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Hi Scott Sorry if you thought,,,,, I thought this up myself by putting a line down the spine of a shaft.
I have seen or heard about it and was just wondering if it helps ?

I even thought about making my self a new shaft and inlaying a long black piece of veneer down the spine of the shaft, but I don't like the idea of cutting a groove into the spine, and I try to play with they spine up as much as possible if that makes any difference.........................


I had figured someone to try that already.
I am surprised no one has worked on this from the different end and that is making a cue that you dial in on what speed you wish to strike the cue ball and the cue compresses to remove all excess energy................
 
If any haven't realized it, the nearer line is raised above the further line 2 or 3 mm, which means the lines line up when one's dominant eye is on the same plane as those lines. This will be of more practical use for someone who places a dominant eye directly above their cue as they can glance at the line to check if they're eye position hasn't moved right or left.

However, for this to work, the cue will need to be rotated quite precisely to horizontal relative to the lines. This will require some estimation and wrist twisting could introduce some errors.

Overall, potentially useful to help one to learn their eye position shifting tendencies relative to the cue.

If someone wants to make a cheap version, loop masking table around the center area of the cue several times until it sits in a ring about 2-3mm above the cue. Then carefully mark a straight line along this section down onto the lower section. (Perhaps with a single layer of masking tape to protect the shaft.

If done carefully, this should be accurate enough to be used to glance down upon, possibly closing your non dominant eye briefly, to check the eye position relative to vertical above the line.

Colin
 
I bought their product for darts. Basically lines on two levels that need to match up if you're correctly sighting the bull. Cost me $40 or so to find out that it wasn't a problem. So worth it in the sense that it rules out an alignment issue. Of course I could have made it in 10 minutes and saved the $40.....
 
This product was discussed at length before, but integrated into a snooker cue itself. This is the first I've seen it sold as a separate accessory. Its a visual aid that uses parallax to help align your eyes to the shot.

Its not some sort of electronic gizmo or spring loaded anything. I don't see any reason it would not be legal. Its closest comparison from a game legality situation is drawing a line on your cue somewhere (although this is much different due to the parallax).

If it works or not, is another question:)
 
Viking has a shaft that has a black 90* 'cross' that the four pie pieces of maple are 'implanted'. That give one 4 lines to use so the the cue is not always on the same rotation.

I think this extender would be better for 'knowing' if one is sighting down the straight line, but would have the cue always on the same rotation.

No big deal I guess. If a tip wears oddly, just change the tip.

I was thinking about getting a Balance Rite extension until I read here of quality issues regarding the 'straightness' of the connections.

If these have no problem with that I would certain consider one.

It is sort of like some of the putters in golf to assure the head in 'soled' correctly so the loft of the putter does not send the ball off line or that loft is not being added or subtracted.


Best 2 You & All.

English, if you are interested in a "Balance Rite" type of extension, contact Newsheriffintwn from this site. He makes them himself and has had great reviews from those that have purchased an extension from him.

I have a 4" ebony extension on order for my OB130 (3/8-10 modified) that should be delivered in a couple of weeks. It cost me $60.00 with the ebony being a little more in cost.

I believe West Point from this site uses one of these extensions and posted a review at some point.
 
If any haven't realized it, the nearer line is raised above the further line 2 or 3 mm, which means the lines line up when one's dominant eye is on the same plane as those lines. This will be of more practical use for someone who places a dominant eye directly above their cue as they can glance at the line to check if they're eye position hasn't moved right or left.

However, for this to work, the cue will need to be rotated quite precisely to horizontal relative to the lines. This will require some estimation and wrist twisting could introduce some errors.

Overall, potentially useful to help one to learn their eye position shifting tendencies relative to the cue.

If someone wants to make a cheap version, loop masking table around the center area of the cue several times until it sits in a ring about 2-3mm above the cue. Then carefully mark a straight line along this section down onto the lower section. (Perhaps with a single layer of masking tape to protect the shaft.

If done carefully, this should be accurate enough to be used to glance down upon, possibly closing your non dominant eye briefly, to check the eye position relative to vertical above the line.

Colin

There's actually a more simple way to make one.

I just drew a straight line (about 6") on a sheet of paper. Cut the paper into a 1/2" wide strip, and then cut the line in half. Leaving me with two 3" strips of paper.

I then taped one piece directly to the butt of my cue about 1" from the joint. The other piece was taped at the edges of the paper directly behind the first piece, and in a way so that was raised slightly.

The idea was to stand behind a straight in shot, and put the cue on the shotline with the lines facing directly up. You then look at the lines and if they are broken, you move your head until they match up perfectly.

The biggest issue I found (and this might not be an issue with the actual SightRight product) was keeping the lines in the proper place. It's possible to rotate the cue so the lines will look perfect, and then you can trick yourself into thinking it's correct.
 
Hi Scott Sorry if you thought,,,,, I thought this up myself by putting a line down the spine of a shaft.
I have seen or heard about it and was just wondering if it helps ?

I even thought about making my self a new shaft and inlaying a long black piece of veneer down the spine of the shaft, but I don't like the idea of cutting a groove into the spine, and I try to play with they spine up as much as possible if that makes any difference.........................


I had figured someone to try that already.
I am surprised no one has worked on this from the different end and that is making a cue that you dial in on what speed you wish to strike the cue ball and the cue compresses to remove all excess energy................

I bought the Viking Cue & enjoyed it. I used it to help me dial in my stance & address.

Think in these terms.... sighting with a 2 inch wooden matchstick versus a 14 inch fireplace match. I choose the latter scenario.
 
Back
Top