Would This Cue Flaw Bother You?

DryFlyTrout

HZz4yNJ.jpeg

I received this cue last week. It came like this. To me it looks like the wood was dented before the butt was stained. It's a Schmelke and wasn't that expensive. It's only a small spot. I'm not sure if I should expect more, less, or exactly this really.
I waited slightly longer than expected for it to arrive and would like to, you know, actually use it. I feel like having it made right could also take longer. Half of me wants to keep it and half wants something from another brand, even if the performance is what I expected.

What would you do?

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member
It's the principal. Send it back. Patience over self-indulgence you'll regret.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Or call and express your dissatisfaction with the purchase.

Maybe get a discount on another one and sell one for the original price?

Maybe they apologize and make you another. Maybe you get 2 for 1 blemished.

Just be easy to work with and read up on their return policy

Maybe, maybe, maybe.

djoverboard

Registered
Manufacturing defect or shipping issue I send it back hating the fact that I have to start the whole process and waiting all over again

lakeman77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gives it character, wouldn't bother me a bit. It's not a $2000 cue. And I would bet Schmelke will promptly replace it for no charge.

DryFlyTrout

Seems like I should update this. I talked to the dealer I ordered through today. I was given a choice to return it and wait 6 more weeks or 20% off.
20% doesn't really seem like enough but that's what I went with.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Seems like I should update this. I talked to the dealer I ordered through today. I was given a choice to return it and wait 6 more weeks or 20% off.
Good call. I would play with it and see how it feels before making a decision. It looks like a $200 cue so you're not in too deep. Schmelke is a good company and they stand behnd their products.

Reactions: Pin

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
it will always bother you every tine you touch it. and be on your mind with every shot you touched it. not worth it. i would sand it out if i decided to keep it which i wouldnt..

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is it a sneaky? What was orig. price? If its a daily player i'd take the 20% and walk. Its gonna get a ding before long most likely. Your cue,your call.

Reactions: Pin