Would you sell a cue to a customer who might destroy it?

Pedi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a customer who is destroying his equipment.
He has an anger management problem when he is drunk.
I'm just curious if you would sell a cue to that person.

He is a good customer. I have to do a lot of repairs for him. :wink:
But my heart is bleeding when he brings me one of my cues to fix it again.

Silvio

patrickcues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Absolutely I would sell him a cue. Not for the reason of just selling one. But because After the customer buys a cue from me. I no longer can control what happens to that cue. The last thing I like to see is anyone abusing any cue!! Mine or someone else.

randallt6

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If it's a production cue then who cares, but if it's a custom that is rare or will go up in value, no you should not sell it to him if that is the case. But if it's a cuetec let him break as many as he wants.

Jake Bagoodi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have broke a cue or two in my day and my advice is to video tape the destruction..........when you feel like doing it again watch the tape.......it's cheaper in the long run......

Dannydizzan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a friend who does this ~once a year. I think the cue maker has extra shafts to match his cue in waiting now. He just calls them and tells them his name and they send him one. LOL Silly.
In answer to your question, yes, sell them all they want! Business is business

Jim Baxter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had a guy that continually kept breakong the butt cap on his Adam Balibuska , I ordered a bunch of Adam butt caps , when I started to run out I bumped the price $25, each time he brought it in , when It got to $100. bucks he quite comeing in .

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yes I will sell him a cue. There may come a time I tell him I don't want to do a particular repair any more.

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i'm sorry to butt in here im not a cue maker but i've got a story to share. i know a guy that beats his equipment to hell. he broke a shaft and tried to have "lil al" aka Al Romero repair the butt damage and make him another shaft. lil al told him to grow up and refused the job

desi2960

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i would

sell him one and do the repairs as long as he was nice around me. BUT i don't have any time to waste on people who cannot control their emotions, and less time to waste on people who cannot drink, but insist on doing so.
life is too short to put up with assholes

Ill Gotten Gain

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I knew someone who used to play with a Gus Szamboti. He had a bit of a temper. One night he was gambling and losing. He got so mad he snapped the shaft and threw the butt. The butt was not damaged so a local in the room asked the guy is he could have the butt since the shaft was broken. The guy I knew got even more mad took the butt out to his car stuck it in his steering wheel and proceeded to snap the butt in 2 places. Takes all the pieces back into the poolhall and says to the local,"Sure you can have." Then proceeds to drop the pieces in the locals lap.

rhncue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ha! Such a simple question. If I knew the customer had a penchant for breaking cues I would try to talk him into ordering 2 cues so that he would have a back-up to use while the first broken cue was being repaired/replaced. I absolutely love repeat customers. As far as I'm concerned the purchaser can use the cue for a tomato stake. At least then the cue could be making some money as the way I've seen most players play they'll never make any money playing pool anyway.

Dick

Last edited:

jodamit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
damage control

Paul Dayton once told me ,that once he sold a cue it is out of his control what that person does with it, from winning tourneys to using it as a hood or trunk prop or just putting it in a box and forget about it. I guess it's hard for some people to let go of something that they have built or designed for that matter, but that is another topic.
Of course that's just my 2 cent .

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I could show you photo's that would just make you sick if you love cues. And the answer for me is Yes, but I do break balls.

swilliespeed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bad customer

Of course I would build him or her another cue. I would just raise the price each time as stated in an earlier thread. I have an attachment to each cue I build. I am sure I am not the only one, and would be absolutley angered if someone treated it like a baseball bat used by Josh Hamilton. But I also like making money. Bottom line.