WOW, Quick-Clean works on everything !

Sporto

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Has anybody noticed a haze/dusty residue on their 860 after using Quick Clean? Once the table dries if you take a pool ball and use it like a pen you can read your name on the felt.

This just recently happened while using my 4th can of Quick Clean, never had this problem before. I apply just like the directions say and use the Green Micro-Squegee doobop.

cubc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I should pick up some of that stuff.. My pool table is looking pretty crappy now due to so much chalk.

Mike hold a tournament near charlotte again so I can go get beat and buy some stuff :D

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Patrick Johnson said:
I guess you have to be here or at least have a sense of honesty, Mike.

pj
chgo

What's the problem here? When did Mike ever say that his tour was not sponsored by them? He offered a suggestion for another way to use the product. Now you are going to call him dishonest? If you are wondering why I am getting in the middle of this, it is because I have found Mike to be nothing BUT honest in my dealings with him. Why try to start crap for no reason?

MikeJanis

Banned
easy-e said:
What's the problem here? When did Mike ever say that his tour was not sponsored by them? He offered a suggestion for another way to use the product. Now you are going to call him dishonest? If you are wondering why I am getting in the middle of this, it is because I have found Mike to be nothing BUT honest in my dealings with him. Why try to start crap for no reason?

Thanks EZ-E........

Pat has been on my azz since the RSB days (that's the 90's to you newbies). It's been a few years since I heard anything outta him so I guess it's just that time of the decade again. We had a beef back then but I thought that was done and over with. Guess I was wrong:(

The only good thing I can find out of PJ's response is the fact that right away he recognized Quick-Clean as being one of my sponsors and that goes to prove how effective I am with promoting the sponsors of the Viking Cue 9-Ball Tour and/or our popularity:D

And again, as listed on all of our ADVERTISEMENTS, Quick-Clean is a sponsor of the Viking Cue 9-Ball Tour and has been since 2002!
(Duh, why else would I waste an entire can of Quick-Clean an AWESOME POOL TABLE CLOTH CLEANER on a freakin chair I was about to throw away unless I had plenty of it around.)

Now the above in blue is a cheap plug and yes it um, well, uh, YES, YES it is ADVERTISING...........um, I think.

Mj

Last edited:

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
When did Mike ever say that his tour was not sponsored by them?

When did he say it was? Not while he was offering his glowing review, which is when he should have.

He offered a suggestion for another way to use the product.

That's all he did? Now who's being honest? There's nothing wrong with plugging a product as long as you point out that the the manufacturer pays you to do it.

Now you are going to call him dishonest?

He denied he was advertising - that's dishonest (in a small way). But I wouldn't have said so if he hadn't gotten snippy about it (suggesting I have no sense of humor).

I like Mike's work in pool and he seems like a good guy overall. But when he posts glowing ads about the products who sponsor his business, I think that's worth pointing out for those who might not know about it. There's a reason it's frowned on in general.

pj
chgo

david hodges

Registered
SPINDOKTOR said:
Thats expensive carpet cleaner, but you did give me an idea, to try the carpet cleaner on the cloth! I have some of that stuff that foams up when you spray it, I'll give it a try a see what happens....

SPINDOKTOR
You should be very careful how you use carpet cleaner on your table. The principal behind the way carpet cleaner works is the chemicals attach to the dirt making the particles heavy so that you can vacuum them out of the fibers. I have never seen a product like this that doesn?t have a lot of residue. That is why when you clean a spot on your carpet and get it clean after several weeks this spot is dirty again. The residue is picking up the dirt from your shoes. Quick-Clean lifts the dirt and chalk out of the fibers giving you a chance to wipe it off not pushing it back into the cloth with no residue. When you use it on your carpet you will see that the spot does not reappear. When we had it tested the company that did the testing said that it was the only cleaner that they seen that worked on that principal.
David

david hodges

Registered
catscradle said:
He added scent back in? When it first came out that was one of my complaints about it. When he removed the scent, I started using it on a regular basis. I was just about to order another case, but if he has added scent back I'll have to reconsider. Maybe I'll just go back to vacumn, brush, and a damp cloth. A bit more work, but no scent.

<edit> BTW Mike, this thread makes me wonder if Dave is a new sponsor for your tour?
The scent that we added is nothing like it was when we first came out with the product. The scent we use now is very light and does not linger. I am sure that you will like this everyone has done nothing but rave about it.
David

david hodges

Registered
highrun55 said:
David,
How often did you use this in your room ?
I tried it and it does work great but it seemed to cost to much for us to use very often, and I only have 8 tables, jmop.

And thanks for helping to get Danny Harriman to my 14-1 tourney last year.

Mickey at D&D Family Billiards
I use the cleaner every day! With eight tables you will use 3 cans a week. The trick is to clean your tables when people are in you pool hall. Everyone that sees it up close that has a table will buy a can from you. If you are buying wholesale than all you have to do is sell 3 cans a week and it will cost you nothing. When it makes your tables last 40-50% longer you will be way ahead of the game and your customers play on clean equipment.
David

david hodges

Registered
Sporto said:
Has anybody noticed a haze/dusty residue on their 860 after using Quick Clean? Once the table dries if you take a pool ball and use it like a pen you can read your name on the felt.

This just recently happened while using my 4th can of Quick Clean, never had this problem before. I apply just like the directions say and use the Green Micro-Squegee doobop.

I have never seen that before. You might make sure that you shake the can. If the can you have still does this please give me a call toll free. 866 240-2789
David

david hodges

Registered
BottomEnglish said:
I used Quick-Clean on Velocity Pro cloth in my store and it discolored the cloth. I replaced the bed cloth, called Dave to tell him about it and he said send him the cloth. I sent the stained one to Dave and after leaving a couple of messages for him, never heard anything. Always spot test it. I know it works good on Simonis, but that's all I would trust it with for now.

I remember you sending me the cloth and we did test the cloth. I was going out of town for several week and we sent the cloth back to you with a letter showing our results. I even tested it on Velocity cloth in town with great success. I am very easy to get in contact with just call me toll free at 866 240-2789. I would call you but I don?t seem to have your number. If I am not there leave a message and I will always return your call. I am very sorry if I didn?t return your call but I must not have gotten them. I thought that what I sent back explained visually what was happening. If you would give me a call I will be happy to talk with you about what was happening. I don?t hide from anyone and the people that have done business with me will tell you that I will always take care of you at my expense no matter what.
David

BottomEnglish

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Follow up.

Hi David and thanks for the response. I never received the cloth back which is why I guessed there would be no further follow-up. If you have tested it on Velocity with good results, I'll have to give it another try. We have a table we're about to move and I'm going to replace the bed cloth. It will be a good test bed since I don't need to worry about keeping it. I'll give you a call before doing it to make sure I'm doing it right. Not sure what happened with the bed cloth you sent back to us...

Thanks again! I'll give you a follow up call tomorrow.

BottomEnglish

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks Dave.

Rep to Dave for watching the boards and jumping in with info and answers on his product! Thanks!

Sporto

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
david hodges said:
I have never seen that before. You might make sure that you shake the can. If the can you have still does this please give me a call toll free. 866 240-2789
David

David, thanks for the reply. I will make a point to shake vigorously for a full 60 seconds before applying.

cuejoey

25 mm chain guns matter
Silver Member
I have been using this product by David Hodges for about 3 years now and love it...It makes the cloth look like new again....I do not know Dave or Mike i am just giving my opinion about a Great product..Further more i don't see anything wrong with a tournament director coming on here and posting about a great product that helps to support pool...:)

catscradle

<< 2 all-time greats
Silver Member
david hodges said:
The scent that we added is nothing like it was when we first came out with the product. The scent we use now is very light and does not linger. I am sure that you will like this everyone has done nothing but rave about it.
David
Dave,
I'll go ahead and order a couple of cans to see if what I think of the new scent. If it is okay, I'll go ahead and order a case as I have in the past.
Steve.

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
Can anyone tell me if this is an overall general cleaner or if it works on stains ans spots. My kid managed to get some grease (from a motorcycle chain, I think) on the inside of the table cover and of course it transferred to the cloth. I don't know how to proceed. I'm afraid to put any wet substance on the cloth for fear it will just make the whole problem bigger.

Any help would be appreciated.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Can anyone tell me if this is an overall general cleaner or if it works on stains ans spots. My kid managed to get some grease (from a motorcycle chain, I think) on the inside of the table cover and of course it transferred to the cloth. I don't know how to proceed. I'm afraid to put any wet substance on the cloth for fear it will just make the whole problem bigger.

Any help would be appreciated.
I'd try Woolite on a part of the cloth that didn't show, like under the cushion, and then on a small part of the grease stain. If no problem surfaced, I'd try a larger area. Or, you could do the same with Quick-Clean/Chalk-Off.