WPB World 9 ball

kolaas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just LOVE the livestream!

And the tweets too!

Is Doha still connected to the interweb?

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
SVB will run from no one breathing air playing 10 ball.
You will need a fine tuned robot to get his cash in that game in a long race.

Yeah, but when the big money is on the line, he hasn't been up to the challenge.

The two biggest prizes in ten ball on American soil right now are in the US Open 10-ball (first prize $15,000) and the DCC Ten ball (first prize $20,000).

Shane has missed the top ten in each of the last two US Open 10-balls and has been a non-factor in each of the last two Derby City 10-ball events.

Shane is a great ten ball player but his dominance over the top internationals is myth, not fact. When the biggest prizes in ten ball are on the line and Shane has to beat an elite field featuring numerous top internationals to claim it, he hasn't done so of late on either American or foreign soil.

Finally, for those who think heart is playing a long ten ball race, I think heart is peak performance when the biggest prizes are up for grabs.

arps

tirador (ng pansit)
Silver Member
You lost your mind. And I'm a Dennis O. Fan. But SVB playin 10 ball long races is about as close to unbeatable as you will find in pool these days. His break is just to dominant.

He can play any man, from any land, for whatever $ they can withstand.

And there's definitely not ANY European with a snowmans chance in hell to win.

i'm a dennis, SVB, efren and busti fan. unfortunately they're out of this tournament in the earlier rounds. there's been more than 25 games after they have been eliminated. we should just accept the fact that a lot of players were better than them today (or yesterday); and just wish them the best of luck next year. -arps

Last edited:
That may be true,

SVB will run from no one breathing air playing 10 ball.
You will need a fine tuned robot to get his cash in that game in a long race.

But at this rate, some of those European players are headed to the HOF. And if Shane wants to get in, he's got to buy a ticket.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
These debates are ultimately unimportant. The fact is that we're all lucky to live in an era in which Thorsten, Dennis, Shane, Darren, Ralf and many other proven greats are doing their thing over the glorious green felt.

They've all achieved great things and will achieve even more, so let's sit back and enjoy it.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
But at this rate, some of those European players are headed to the HOF. And if Shane wants to get in, he's got to buy a ticket.

I disagree.

Shane already has more than enough titles to justify inclusion one day in the BCA HOF. He's won two Derby City all around titles, a major bank pool title, multiple major one pocket titles, two US Open nine ball titles, the US Open 8-ball title, several Super Billiards Expo Player Championship titles, a US bar table championship and much more.

Shane is, unquestionably, one of the greats, and the only thing we're really debating here is whether he can logically be included in the discussion of the best ever if his resume lacks WPA World Championships. As I've noted, in my opinion, it's no.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Yeah, but when the big money is on the line, he hasn't been up to the challenge.

The two biggest prizes in ten ball on American soil right now are in the US Open 10-ball (first prize $15,000) and the DCC Ten ball (first prize $20,000).

Shane has missed the top ten in each of the last two US Open 10-balls and has been a non-factor in each of the last two Derby City 10-ball events.

Shane is a great ten ball player but his dominance over the top internationals is myth, not fact. When the biggest prizes in ten ball are on the line and Shane has to beat an elite field featuring numerous top internationals to claim it, he hasn't done so of late on either American or foreign soil.

Finally, for those who think heart is playing a long ten ball race, I think heart is peak performance when the biggest prizes are up for grabs.

I think this is the kind of post that will motivate Shane to play even better when the biggest prizes are up for grabs in the future. Hope he reads it.

I personally doubt that Single Elimination is the best way to determine who is the most dominant player.

JoeyA

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will give 3-1 that Shane is IN on the first ballet (HOF) when he becomes eligible but unfortunately im scheduled to be dead well before then and u might have a tough time collecting.

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Great post. On the other end of the spectrum you have Efren who won pretty much everything with the biggest prize pools.

TheLoneSilencer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You lost your mind. And I'm a Dennis O. Fan. But SVB playin 10 ball long races is about as close to unbeatable as you will find in pool these days. His break is just to dominant.

He can play any man, from any land, for whatever $ they can withstand.

And there's definitely not ANY European with a snowmans chance in hell to win.

Close to unbeatable? Not even close unless it is on that TAR table. He would get crushed if they play at Hard Times. He won't play on that table as he knows he can't fade it.

As far as Europeans go, none were ones I had in mind that I'd call him a dog in. I would like to see him face Neils though as I think it would be an interesting match as I could see him having it to race a long set.

Don't even get me started on a 10 foot table as we already know his track record on those against some heavyweights.

Shane is the best in the US (nothing against him but is that saying much as we don't have much top string players these days), but in the world, not even close. The results continue to prove this out so far (key being so far as it could change).

TheLoneSilencer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Could not be put any better, the proof is in the pudding at this time.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think this is the kind of post that will motivate Shane to play even better when the biggest prizes are up for grabs in the future. Hope he reads it.

I personally doubt that Single Elimination is the best way to determine who is the most dominant player.

JoeyA

I disagree single elimination is the only true test of the best
Win or go home doesn't get any tougher than that

Lonestar_jim

Two & Out
Silver Member
Hohmann

This is pretty exciting for Hohmann. Considering his draw this may be the best rotation performance in his recent history. I think if he can get through Biado he will be favored to take it down.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is why theres been a downfall in spectators in pool. World 9 ball championship with many amazing matches and we can't even get any sort of stream thus far.