WPBA And A Men's Tour Merge?

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
What I would like to see is one of the men's tours merge with the WPBA Tour and try that route with 32 of the best players from each tour playing against one another for a start to see if there is sponsorship there. Could have six men and six women on standbye in case there is not a full field of 64. Who knows it might go over well and they could have larger fields down the road. Johnnyt
 
What I would like to see is one of the men's tours merge with the WPBA Tour and try that route with 32 of the best players from each tour playing against one another for a start to see if there is sponsorship there. Could have six men and six women on standbye in case there is not a full field of 64. Who knows it might go over well and they could have larger fields down the road. Johnnyt

Not a bad idea Johnny, but who's gonna do it and where will they get the dough? Those are always the big questions.
 
Team play might be good. Mosconi cup type format. Women and men vs women and men. Seems like the players are way more entertaining when celebrating as a team.
 
Men and Women Together

I think it's a great idea, I'm turning sixty years old, hopefully I will get to see this happen in my lifetime.
 
are you thinking in addition to the wpba tour, or place of?
I don't think "in place of" goes over too well. But in addition to would be neat.
 
Which one of the 'Men's tours' are you talking about?

Another question might be more direct... why don't the Casinos just offer more 'open' tournaments.

At one time the WPBA had 8 tour stops and all were Indian Casinos. Not bad a production step.. but today's woman's tour seems to be holding out for a HUGE corporate sponsor that will raise the bar and go back to convention hall 16 table events.

I think even the casinos are cutting back on the ADDED $$$ during these economic times.

What I would like to see is one of the men's tours merge with the WPBA Tour and try that route with 32 of the best players from each tour playing against one another for a start to see if there is sponsorship there. Could have six men and six women on standbye in case there is not a full field of 64. Who knows it might go over well and they could have larger fields down the road. Johnnyt
 
I would like to see a tour with the men and women playing side by side in the same arena. Like the old BCA event in Vegas and up until this year what was done at the Seminole Hard Rock. It is very cool to have everyone in place and pick what you want to watch.

I also wish that I could own a unicorn and ride it through the Riv instead of a scooter.

Maybe one day.....
 
I would like to see a tour with the men and women playing side by side in the same arena. Like the old BCA event in Vegas and up until this year what was done at the Seminole Hard Rock. It is very cool to have everyone in place and pick what you want to watch.

I also wish that I could own a unicorn and ride it through the Riv instead of a scooter.

Maybe one day.....

I've got a used unicorn for sale. Low mileage and good hooves. But she does need a new horn. :lol:
How about a flying carpet, slightly frayed at the edges with some of it's mojo gone, but she still can get some altitude and move along at a good clip. I added radar last year to avoid the cops. She's rated at 300 pounds max though, so you may have problems with lift off. :rotflmao:
 
Last edited:
Back
Top