WPBA Nationals

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
From the desk of Johnnyt's news room. Johnnyt predicts Monica the winner. Johnnyt

DeadPoked

Inadequate User
Silver Member
Here it is direct from the WPBA site...

Monica makes a great cross bank on the 2 ball, runs out to win her first WPBA Title and the 2008 National Tour Championships!

Congrats to Monica! Much deserved and way overdue.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Monica wins. That has to feel good after all the TV matches and top finishes. It was ten years coming. Congrats Monica Webb. Johnnyt

dragon81

Jaded Seoul =)
Gold Member
Silver Member
It was held in the hard rock live, and they sectioned it off...men on one side, and the women on the other...

mdavis228

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Congrat's, Monica! That's gotta leave a mark. And you beat hands down the hottest player on the tour of late. Well done & many more to come.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hooray! No one deserves it more. My predicition was 2 tournaments late but better late than never.

Im sure this wont be her last. Ill bet on that-big!

Pjadedd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Since this was a major, are the points worth 1.5x the amount they usually are (like how they were at the US Open)? Regardless, being so close, Vivian should take over the #4 spot.

I have to say, this has been a very exciting year on the WPBA tour with so many different winners and new faces showing up on TV. 2009 is looking good.

PJ

cuechick

Flys In the Kitchen
Silver Member
So happy for you Monica!!

And what about the men... it was be nice to have a Southern Sweep :wink:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Monica Webb has been an exceptional player for a long, long time. She's had a sniff of the finish line in many a WPBA event, but, for too long, had to live with the distinciton of being the most successful WPBA player ever without a title. She has been a great champion without a trophy for too long. Those days are over. Well played, Monica, and wishing you continued success.

The distinction of being the most successful WPBA player without a title, in my opinion, now passes to Jennifer Chen, whom I believe to have reached five different WPBA event final matches without winning one.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
sjm said:
Monica Webb has been an exceptional player for a long, long time. She's had a sniff of the finish line in many a WPBA event, but, for too long, had to live with the distinciton of being the most successful WPBA player ever without a title. She has been a great champion without a trophy for too long. Those days are over. Well played, Monica, and wishing you continued success.

The distinction of being the most successful WPBA player without a title, in my opinion, now passes to Jennifer Chen, whom I believe to have reached five different WPBA event final matches without winning one.

That may be true but i think she will remain a bridesmaid forever. She doesnt have the killer instinct that made Monica's streak so unbelievable. Plus she flies in from Taiwan for each tournament as far as i can tell. That takes quite a toll in itself. I do wish her luck and hope that her personal problems are behind her. I understand she no longer has the TV show which doesnt help either.

HighEndCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All I have to say is....It's about time...
Monica has made me wait and wait....
I'm sooo happy for her...

I spoke with Monica 10 minutes ago.. Can't explain how happy she is..
And to have this weight lifted off her back..
Some alcohol is being drunk tonight..

Hey "Powder" enjoy it, until you come for a visit to me..:)
Best,
Ken

Pjadedd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm glad someone brought it up, because I was going to ask who the new "best player never to win a title" was going to be.

It'll be interesting to see how Monica does in the first event of 2009. I wonder if the burden of finally winning a title was weighing on her, which hindered her in winning one until now. This might open up the floodgates.

PJ

bustinbob_99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congrats to a highly deserving champion........
Thanks for making all in the Atlanta area so proud!!