WTF! Am I SOL?

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
one more suggestion:

order the new cloth now since you know you will be needing it.

get this unpleasantness in your rear view mirror as soon as possible.

best,
brian kc

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
I definitely wont be recommending him to anyone. He did the job yesterday, finished about 2pm.

Ironically I have been in the ask a mechanic forum for the last week trying to find someone in my area to do the job. Literally could find NO ONE. Only 2 guys in the state that anyone knew of, both 1-3 hours away and didnt have time to get here any time soon. I had this cloth sitting in my house stairing at me for over a week now and my old cloth was TERRIBLE. I couldnt take it anymore, and knew this guy had been doing it for a couple decades on the bars in town so I gave in and called him up on Saturday. He told me he could be there the next day at 10am and it would be $100. Sounded great. Got what I paid for I guess? Pretty sure I still overpaid....

Ill snap some more pics today when I get home from work and post them if you guys dont mind. Let me know how the rest of the job looks other than the stain. I did notice a couple of the rails on the corner pockets have a crease where he folded it. None on the corner pockets.

Being this is my first table and first time getting new cloth, I dont even know what else to look for, as in things that are commonly F'd up when people install.

Any suggestions on what else I can look for?

Thanks again guys. AZB has been amazing in getting me on my way with my first table.

Sorry about the bad luck, man...

My advice for the future... Once you get nice cloth put on, find a good mechanic in the area, even if they are 1-3 hours away.. And schedule your next recloth job a few months ahead of time...If you don't have a good mechanic in your area, get in contact with realkingcobra.. He will at some point or another be passing through your area and will be happy to fix you up.

I recently moved my Diamond Pro/Am from Florida to Colorado.. Realkingcobra walked me through how to level the table myself, and we have an appointment for him to come recloth and do some other work sometime in January.

Don't let your cloth get to the point where you need someone to recover on short notice..

Short Bus Russ

Last edited:

ceodynamo

Have cue will travel
Silver Member
All in Fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceodynamo
Atleast he doesn't stay parked in an RV outside the front of your house overnight

What...am I the ONLY table mechanic traveling this country that BRINGS his home with him?

All in fun RKC, I heard you did excellent work.

JReuter21

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't let your cloth get to the point where you need someone to recover on short notice..

Short Bus Russ[/QUOTE)

Yes, I completely agree, and will never in the future. I bought this table used and the cloth was aweful. So the second I got my 860 I was like a kid in a candy store.

"Q" Protectors

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can't even find an emoticon that would explain how I would feel!!

He should stand behind his work!!!! The guy who did my table may have not been the "best" in the world, but when I called him to tell him my table was not level after a few days of play he immediatly came back and leveled my table back out.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
All in fun RKC, I heard you did excellent work.

No, I just care about the tables I work on, so in most cases they can't be fixed up just by changing the cloth, in which I seldom ever do. Most ALL the tables I work on take at least 2 days to get them right, so staying in hotels every night is just to much of a pain in the butt...hehe and besides, where would I park my 24ft cargo/shop trailer with all my tools in it...LOL

JReuter21

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Realkingcobra, your home on wheels ever come through Iowa? If so next time this baby needs some work maybe we could arrange something...

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Realkingcobra, your home on wheels ever come through Iowa? If so next time this baby needs some work maybe we could arrange something...

WARNING:

once rkc touches your table you won't want anyone else to, ever. :thumbup:

best,
brian kc <---- cobracized or 'sized', never can remember which one. :)

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
With all due respect for my elders, grandpa needs a swift kick in the arse for sitting on your table in the first place.

Just sayin

fasted71465

Fast Ed
Silver Member
This is why I learned to do it myself. The last table work was to fix joints and recover table. The guy brought the cloth and said it was simonis but it wasn't. He wanted to use wax at the joints but I had and wanted to use tweeten cement. The cloth turned pretty good but the ball would ramp over the seems you could hear the ball rolling over them. I had to take the table back apart and remove thousands of staples and I done the seems again and redone he cloth. The guy only charged 400 so I should have known better, I mean the cloth alone would be 300.

fasted71465

Fast Ed
Silver Member
I would love to have a real mechanic to tighten up my pockets and make my table play better. RKC do you ever come to Louisiana?

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This exact thing happened to me only I hadn't paid yet. The guy offered me $50 off and I politely declined. This guy had been my team Captain and sold me a cue so I was shocked when I heard a voicemail that went just like this,

"Come get your GD effing table out of my GD garage by tomorrow or I'll throw it out in the GD street! My wife's nagging me about not being able to park in the garage!"

I rented a uhaul and brought a friend. He had sliced the cloth on the rails that he had covered. He wouldn't help us move the one piece slate. I flagged a black guy down and offered him $20 to help us. He helped us and refused the $20.

I remember almost saying, "Well that was mighty white of you." But caught myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Meaning either the installer replaces the bed cloth, which is going to cost him another cloth, or offer to take the cost of the cloth off the bill if that would satisfy the customer in a way that he could live with the glue stain.

At the time the glue was noticed on the bed cloth, it should have been removed with duct tape by sticking the duct tape to the glue stain and pulling it up and off. The glue lays on the surface of the cloth and is easy to remove that way....until its been thined out by a solvent and penatrated the weave in which case...it's to late to do anything at that point in time.

Glen

Ok that makes total sense. Can't believe it isn't what the installer did.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
This exact thing happened to me only I hadn't paid yet. The guy offered me $50 off and I politely declined. This guy had been my team Captain and sold me a cue so I was shocked when I heard a voicemail that went just like this,

"Come get your GD effing table out of my GD garage by tomorrow or I'll throw it out in the GD street! My wife's nagging me about not being able to park in the garage!"

I rented a uhaul and brought a friend. He had sliced the cloth on the rails that he had covered. He wouldn't help us move the one piece slate. I flagged a black guy down and offered him $20 to help us. He helped us and refused the $20.

I remember almost saying, "Well that was mighty white of you." But caught myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lee;

wouldn't it have been much easier to have the table mechanic come to you rather than you bringing him your table to recloth? :confused: :grin-square:

best,
brian kc

Cdryden

Pool Addict
Silver Member
I would expect it to be fixed. Look at it this way, what glue is left in the fabric will harden and the balls will skid or react in some other way when they roll over that spot. Completely unacceptable.

JReuter21

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
About to get off work pretty soon. Gonna head to the dry cleaners and get their sample bottle of this stuff for .99 and take it home and try it on a remnant.

Ill post some pics later for you guys to critique.

Little off subject but im putting together a little list of things im going to get in the upcoming months to start completing my home setup.

I got a set of Super Aramith Pro balls but being my table is a valley the cue ball is an issue. Was considering getting a measle ball for practice, but obviously will have an issue when scratching with that as well.

I considered removing the ball flap to let the balls slow all the way to the foot but dont have the key to the ball door at the time being. Is there a good magnetic ball that I should purchase instead of using the regular SAP ball or should I just concentrate on getting that ball flap (or carriage or whatever its called) out of there and stick with a good cb?

Tickets

Little Aussie Battler
Silver Member
About to get off work pretty soon. Gonna head to the dry cleaners and get their sample bottle of this stuff for .99 and take it home and try it on a remnant.

Ill post some pics later for you guys to critique.

Little off subject but im putting together a little list of things im going to get in the upcoming months to start completing my home setup.

I got a set of Super Aramith Pro balls but being my table is a valley the cue ball is an issue. Was considering getting a measle ball for practice, but obviously will have an issue when scratching with that as well.

I considered removing the ball flap to let the balls slow all the way to the foot but dont have the key to the ball door at the time being. Is there a good magnetic ball that I should purchase instead of using the regular SAP ball or should I just concentrate on getting that ball flap (or carriage or whatever its called) out of there and stick with a good cb?

remove the metal ball dump by taking out the bolts on either side. Store the bracket on the other side of the table with all the contents in case you need it down the track.

I also went though and added rubber where the balls hit on the return to sofen the noise and be kinder to your new set of expensive balls.

To be honest it would drive me nuts having to release the balls after each rack i practice.