WTF is happening with this Falcon cue???

Samir_Sinanovic

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought it,when i opened this is what he seen,there are something like air bubbles under the paint,seller said that it stayed in his house for 1 year,in that period he played with it couple times,is this due to rare use or it is low quality-chinese poor finish???
c46276d54037b3923bc87623bac2cd26.jpg

6ff2a7878790e78214b91cc19156e27d.jpg

76f3bdd5394f3b19a8801e9244f30d3b.jpg



Sent from my SM-N7505 using Tapatalk
 
I've seen something like that happen when the wood wasn't dry (moisture coming out under the finish) Rare use wouldn't have a bad affect. More than likely just a bad finish or maybe refinish?
 
Probably was stored improperly and not taken care of IMO. Falcon is a good quality cue, more so when they were in Canada but still good quality now.
 
Probably was stored improperly and not taken care of IMO. Falcon is a good quality cue, more so when they were in Canada but still good quality now.

Yeah if someone likes the steel joint hit,falcons are a good option no doubt.
 
I bought it,when i opened this is what he seen,there are something like air bubbles under the paint,seller said that it stayed in his house for 1 year,in that period he played with it couple times,is this due to rare use or it is low quality-chinese poor finish???
c46276d54037b3923bc87623bac2cd26.jpg

6ff2a7878790e78214b91cc19156e27d.jpg

76f3bdd5394f3b19a8801e9244f30d3b.jpg



Sent from my SM-N7505 using Tapatalk
My guess is that someone who didn't know what they were doing tried to "fix" the clear coat with something not suitable. I have my doubts that is a factory issue

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk
 
My guess would be amiture refinish gone wrong...Looks like some pretty bad orange peel, kinda hard to tell from my phone. Are there actual bubbles in the clear or is the surface kind of divited like a golf ball? If it's the latter try wet sanding it with 600 and see if the surface levels out...be careful not to go through the clear...then wet sand with 1000 to get the 600 scratches out then either polish it with a course compound or wet sand with 2000 then hand polish it with swirl remover.
 
I bought it,when i opened this is what he seen,there are something like air bubbles under the paint,seller said that it stayed in his house for 1 year,in that period he played with it couple times,is this due to rare use or it is low quality-chinese poor finish???

Sent from my SM-N7505 using Tapatalk

My guess is that the cue froze , possibly in shipping in the air crafts cargo hold.
If there are no animals in the cargo hold they don't turn on the cargo hold heaters.
This time of year it gets cold at 30,000 feet

Wood shrank and the finish has separated from the wood imo

A cue repair man can fix it if you don't screw it up by trying to fix it yourself first ..
 
The hack reefinish is an interesting theory, the freeze also.

Factory error is not unheard of. These companies sometimes hav to use different suppliers, in a pinch.

I have a friend with a really nice carbon fiber bike that is rusting. Yeah, rusting...I know, right? Plastic!

The clear coat they used reacts with sweat and the epoxy in the carbon fiber tubes and it corrodes over time.

It happens. Better my cue than my bike!
 
I am guessing a paint/clear coat reaction from using the wrong types.

I had an even more severe reaction take place on a two year old OB cue. They said it sometimes happens where the finish cracks and bubbles up. I had never seen anything like that before. It looked like the cue had been subjected to major abuse, which was just not the case. I sent it back to OB and they replaced the cue free of charge (as should Falcon) . I was told they have since corrected this problem. We'll see if it happens again.
 
Sorry if it's just me, but I kinda like the effect. It looks like one of them 40 billion dollar Fender Heavy Relic guitars. Son... you got yourself a goldmine! Slap a giant price tag awn it n say it belonged to Harold Worst or something. YeeeHawwww.

Seriously it looks kinda cool.

Lesh
 
I've seen similar results, when a cue is leaned up against a baseboard heater.
 
Back
Top