your favorite ring work!

dakota

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
favorite ringwork

I have always liked the fancy ringwork that Mike Bender does on some of his really high end cues. These are not my cues, but just the ringwork makes these cues stand out.

DSC01379resize.jpg
Ben-F-Haw-602.jpg

dakota

Tony Zinzola

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's all in black and white, you said not everything was inlaid, then went on to say you can buy the wire and duplicate the inlay.

That implies you are saying the bracelet was not inlaid. Pretty straightforward. You have never had the cue in your hands, so you do not know what you are talking about. That pretty well sums it up, so just leave it at that and we will agree you have no more comments about the cue.

Again. Where did you see me state that the ring was not inlaid and where did I say that I could duplicate it? Please enlighten me.

hangemhigh

Known Sinner
Silver Member
Here is some more really cool ring-work. This time in our CA$H cue. Take a look at the cue on top, pretty standard ring above the wrap. Until you realize that the cue is full splice and the ring was inlaid, keeping the cue's full splice integrity and giving the appearance of a ring added at the A joint. Enjoy!

DSC00894.jpg

Drawman623

Box Cue lover
Silver Member
I have always liked the fancy ringwork that Mike Bender does on some of his really high end cues. These are not my cues, but just the ringwork makes these cues stand out.

View attachment 148737

dakota

I agree, Mike Bender is the King of Rings!

Honorable mention to Tony Zinzola who has brought his ring work up to the highest levels. I was hoping somebody would post a Bender pic. rep to you.

PMS

Banned
Tony Clifton, Thoroughbred Fine Billiard Instruments. He is retired, but worked out of our shop a few years ago.
That Sterling Silver ring is inlaid over Ivory.
This is the sort of thing that collectors stride for :)

Last edited:

rheester

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
chill out bro

It's all in black and white, you said not everything was inlaid, then went on to say you can buy the wire and duplicate the inlay.

That implies you are saying the bracelet was not inlaid. Pretty straightforward. You have never had the cue in your hands, so you do not know what you are talking about. That pretty well sums it up, so just leave it at that and we will agree you have no more comments about the cue.

pretty sure i'm not alone when i say this, but i think your incorrect when you say tony doesn't know what he's talking about.

regardless, chill out

hangemhigh

Known Sinner
Silver Member
pretty sure i'm not alone when i say this, but i think your incorrect when you say tony doesn't know what he's talking about.

regardless, chill out

I'm cool bro, you take your own advice. Your post tells me you only want to stir the pot, which is useless and common. Do you have any ring-work pics you want to share?

troro

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought Mr. Andy Gilbert did a nice job on this one. Also, Bill Stroud has done some nice ones in his illustrious career.

Troy

DSC04061.JPG

DSC04012.JPG

Trav D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
11 tier ringwork by Eric Crisp (zircote, thuya burl scalloped cue)
crispringwork002.jpg
[/IMG]
crispringwork004.jpg
[/IMG]

Masirib5

Klaatu barada nikto
Silver Member
My EP Cue!

I just love Ed Prewitt's ring work!

Attachments

• IMG_0150.jpg
    IMG_0150.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 536

Masirib5

Klaatu barada nikto
Silver Member
My TAD CUe!

I get compliments all the time on my TAD and the rings are so nice!

Attachments

• TAD 013.jpg
    TAD 013.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 516

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member
Agree,

the ringwork on your TAD is really an eye-catcher. very nice.

lg
Ingo

Worminator

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I thought Mr. Andy Gilbert did a nice job on this one. Also, Bill Stroud has done some nice ones in his illustrious career.

Troy

Andy did a masterful job on the ring work in your box cue. Those silver dots inside the ivory ovals just shimmer and sparkle when you turn the cue... outstanding!