Your favorite "stroke" shot

caff3in3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey all,

A few recent threads got me thinking about shots that take a decent stroke.

I love to juice up the cueball. I don't do it as often anymore as I am working to get a more complete game but still love to spin whitey.

Just wondering what everyone's favorite "stroke" shot is. Videos are appreciated. I want to see if I can do everyone else's

Here are a couple of my favorites

https://youtu.be/BifwnYhPD_Y

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Poolshootindon

Registered Pool Offender
Silver Member
Hey all,

I love to juice up the cueball. I don't do it as often anymore as I am working to get a more complete game but still love to spin whitey.

Just wondering what everyone's favorite "stroke" shot is. Videos are appreciated. I want to see if I can do everyone else's

I like to place an object ball 3 diamonds up from the end rail, about an inch off the cushion.
Take cue ball and place it behind the string about 2 inches off the rail.

Then i draw/follow the cue ball back/forward to the other short rail. Place an object ball on the short rails also lets you practice control of the cue ball after the stroking the cue ball.

I usually do about 10 of each after a short warm up period.

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like shooting object ball into top left pocket with bottom right english (or vice versa). Love when it shoots the cue ball perfectly off the long rail back to center table.

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like the long inside english power shot, to get around the table. I also like the reverse draw...

caff3in3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like shooting object ball into top left pocket with bottom right english (or vice versa). Love when it shoots the cue ball perfectly off the long rail back to center table.
I only recently discovered this and love it :)

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Cue ball near head corner of table and object ball near opposite foot corner, pocket OB with high inside and come back to opposite head corner from where you started. What I like best about this shot is that if you need to get back to same end of table where you started you don't need to worry about scratching in side if you go long rail to long rail with draw and the path is pretty easy to see. It seems like I can put QB in the side pocket better than anyone with draw using long rails to come back down table.

Colin Colenso

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey all,

Now we're talking! I love the stroke shots.

Yours in the video is one I like. I don't have a favorite, but basically like any shot that moves the CB considerably, especially when it takes CB spin to alter the route.

I made this video of 24 stroke shots about 8 years ago. They aren't my favorites, as they mainly go to scratch routes, but adaptations to these form the basis of many shots I love to play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keznf66dSHE

Colin

Pidge

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
10 ft of distance between object ball and cue ball, straight in and screw the white back in and out of baulk dead straight. It's a novelty shot, I've never had it come up in a game but it's still nice to pull off.

caff3in3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Awesome guys! Keep em coming! Colin - the video link shows video not available for me.

Would love to have an Internet game of HORSE with stroke, masse and jump shots if anyone is interested. Post a video of a tough stroke shot and see who can duplicate it

NitPicker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Love this thread! Since I'm just getting good at some of them, they're all my favorite. But right now I'm having fun cutting into a side pocket with inside spin and having the CB change directions off the short rail. Enjoying seeing others examples!

Zphix

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love "stroke" shots and don't usually have difficulty with them when I've tried the ones I've seen come up in pro games, like this one:

J.Hall vs. Alex

This is the first shot I had to try many many times (this was about a year ago when I was not fundamentally sound by the way) and I've been into these shots ever since. This is where it started for me though.

-Richard

caff3in3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love "stroke" shots and don't usually have difficulty with them when I've tried the ones I've seen come up in pro games, like this one:

J.Hall vs. Alex

This is the first shot I had to try many many times (this was about a year ago when I was not fundamentally sound by the way) and I've been into these shots ever since. This is where it started for me though.

-Richard
Hadn't seen that one before. Always interests me to see what drove people to develop a powerful stroke/practice these shots

For me it was about 20 years ago. I was still learning but thought I was a decent shot. I had a local cuesmith put a new tip on my cue. He handed it to me and said "see how much draw you can get with that tip". I couldn't draw whitey a quarter inch. Tried 5 times too!

I was pretty emberrassed and made a goal of being able to draw the ball better than anyone I knew. Took a lot of practice but I could eventually draw 2 table lengths from close range or a full table length from a full table away. Along the way I started playing with side spin and loved it......and pretty well anything else to make whitey dance. Masse, jump, hop shots off the rails......I love all of it

caff3in3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Love that shot. I also like a variation closer to the rail with a bit more angle. you use draw to move the cue ball across the table and side to kick it around the rails

Banks

Banned
Always like sticking the cb to the rail for leave on an off-angle bank. Other than that, im just happy to get shape. :eek:

frigopie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey all,

[stupid comment here]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEAk8o8O-44

Last edited: