Your highest run/package

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
What?!

My ma said I am special.

3 full racks of rotation in a row, I say! On a rkc tightened table too!

With a Scott Lee witness!!!

Lol

Lol. Excellent. You win 2nd place so far. Lol. Nice job on 3 racks of rotation!

You'll probably get a ribbon when this thread is over. Just kidding. :wink: I actually got a ribbon a few weeks ago. There were 6 of us doing a little a king of the hill 9ball. 1st place was 100, 2nd was 50. I pulled a nice 3pk out, then got beat a few times and ended up 3rd. I got a ribbon. It was sort of funny I guess.

peppersauce

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Banks:
Don’t play. But I think around 5 or 6 when I have played for fun. I know I’ve broke and ran at short rack banks, so 5 at least.

One pocket (if you have had to run more than 8, or 8 is fine):

Nine Ball:
6 in action.

10 Ball:
4 in a ring game.

Straight Pool:
46. :( I tried hard to break 50. My patterns suck though.

Snooker:
Haven’t played in 20 years and was too bad of a player to worry about a high break, lol.

3 Cushion:

Bar Table 9 ball:
Don’t know. Never played much bar table 9-ball.

Bar Table 8 ball:
6 in practice. 7 in competition. Both on a Valley.

DelawareDogs

The Double Deuce…
Silver Member
One pocket ran 8 and out twice (not consecutive, in my life)
Nine Ball - 4 pack on a 9ft diamond that was from I think the 2010 Derby
10 Ball - Not more than 2 pack
Straight Pool - 37 balls, done it a couple times and think that's my highest
Snooker - don't play
3 Cushion - don't play
Bar Table 9 ball - 5 pack ( an early combo was included on 2nd or 3rd game)
Bar Table 8 ball - 3 pack

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I could also add pyramid runs 13. in Amerikanka variant. and 10 in Nevskaja variant.
Finnish Kaisa 86 points. Game is played normally to 60 points. If u make 60 points 1st inning in competition u get 500€. bonus.

Also today i drilled line up drill back and forth in order new record 317 balls. Couple funny shots included. I have to count another time from video to make sure i got it right. took almost one hour and ten minutes. I did shoot fast and loose. :grin-square:
I put that high on my achievements. Probably right after 154 in 14.1 and 147 in snooker...

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
Banks -- don't play

One pocket -- 8. Not in a position to have to go to more than 8 lol.

Nine Ball -- 5 racks unfinished

10 Ball -- don't play it much. Certainly not more than 3.

Straight Pool -- 78. Have a 74 on video.

Snooker -- don't play. Would love to, but logistically impossible for the foreseeable future.

3 Cushion -- don't play. Would love to, but logistically impossible for the foreseeable future.

Don't play any bar table games.

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
I put that high on my achievements. Probably right after 154 in 14.1 and 147 in snooker...

Forgive me all, but I really don't know the game beyond the rules. What is considered the right of passage in terms of efficiency with straight pool...?

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
Forgive me all, but I really don't know the game beyond the rules. What is considered the right of passage in terms of efficiency with straight pool...?

The gold standard is usually 100 - which I've been working hard to reach this year since I got a home table.

For me personally, I think if you start getting into the 4th rack (so 42+) it means you understand the game well enough to play decent patterns and straight pool problem solving. A 28 - 40 or two can be eked out with luck and shotmaking muscle without respecting 14.1 norms - I think the chance of luck or shotmaking playing a factor when getting into the third rack is greatly diminished.

I say this in the context of a few hour practice session - not as a lifetime high run, so it means being able to put up 42+ in a practice session consistently. I suppose on a good day you could run a very high number after a lot of things going right and not wrong (i.e., not getting stuck in a cluster, not having to manufacture break balls or key balls, not getting punished severely for accidentally or carelessly running into balls, things don't get too tied up after the break, nothing gets tied up down table, etc.). So consistency is key.

The other thing about straight pool though - I think the equipment makes a big difference (not necessarily pocket size). Consistently clean balls and cloth makes a huge difference how the balls come apart. There's a reason Schmidt is fanatical about stuff like that. The game is much, much harder if the balls don't spread decently (or another way to look at it - putting focus solely on running balls versus having a solid all around 14.1 game is not how you plan to play the game in that case).

It really puts old records in perspective for me. Those old timers that put up those crazy numbers on the slower cloth and older balls is incredibly impressive to me. I think my high run in 1960 would be like 20 lol.

Last edited:

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
For me personally, I think if you start getting into the 3rd rack (so 42+) it means you understand the game well enough to play decent patterns and straight pool problem solving. A 28 - 40 or two can be eked out with luck and shotmaking muscle without respecting 14.1 norms - I think the chance of luck or shotmaking playing a factor when getting into the third rack is greatly diminished.

This makes good sense to me....

I only spent a small amount of time playing straight pool. A short lived pool room near me was ran by an individual who loved straight pool. I was playing other games pretty well at that time, and simply shot my way to a 62 once. Averaged a couple of rack consistently whenever I played him. In fact, he is the only person I ever played that game with now that I think about it....lol

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Also today i drilled line up drill back and forth in order new record 317 balls. Couple funny shots included. I have to count another time from video to make sure i got it right. took almost one hour and ten minutes. I did shoot fast and loose. :grin-square:

Just too happy to not share :)
Here is link to youtube 317 balls from drill what i made yesterday..
https://youtu.be/muw7prxTzyE

And here is timed link to same video coolest moment.. I do couple show off shots and while waiting cueball travel i am playing air guitar with cue. LOL
https://youtu.be/muw7prxTzyE?t=280
for those who timestamp is not working it is around 4:40 mark.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Banks - don't really play but ran a 5 and out to win a match against Jason Miller one year :)
One pocket - 18 (lots of 15/16 and outs while giving 18-5)(...and breaks and my fouls count double...haha)
8 Ball - 10 racks
Nine Ball - 9 racks
10 Ball - 5 racks
Straight Pool - 224 (should be higher but I don't play much 14.1 anymore)
Snooker - 139, but a couple hundred century breaks over the years
3 Cushion - 9
Straight Rail - 127
Russian Pyramid - 9 (such a fun game!!)
Bar Table 9 ball - don't play much
Bar Table 8 ball - don't play much

Impressive stuff

MitchAlsup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok ya... typical night at the bar.

I've had some extremely decent nights in that situation but I doubt it was as high as 26. We usually played for beers, so after a while, even when feeding them to your buddies, it's hard to keep straight what exactly is going on...lol

One night about a decade ago, I friend and I were playing, when a college Frat House (5 guys) showed up and wanted to play for pitchers. 3 hours later, We had given a pitcher to every table in the bar while drinking my usual 2 pitchers; while not losing. In reality, they had no business even playing pool, let alone for pitchers--must have been some kind of initiation ritual.

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
bar tbl 9B.......7, 5 twice
bar tbl 8B........5 (choice after break)
big tbl 9B.........4
14,1................108 (50+- yrs ago)

stopped playing 20+- yrs ago

Double-Dave

Developing cue-addict
Silver Member
Nine Ball 5 B&R
Eight Ball 4 B&R
10 Ball 3 B&R
Straight Pool 44
Snooker 48
3 Cushion 5 on a 210 table

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have noticed something.
A number of posters have impressive 9 ball packs but pretty low 14.1 runs.