Your next shot?

Jimmorrison

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow, you big time boys really need to get over yourselves. If your going to reply, at least read the post. I clearly stated, playing safe behind the twelve, was the best option. I originally found this thread intriguing, now it’s just become tiresome BS, later. Merry Christmas

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
“Looks like the one to me”. ... Put it next to the one.
The "cue ball" is on the left.

Blank.jpg

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Anyway, if that ball by the foot spot is the CB, then I might look at banking the 14 into the back of the 5 to carom into the corner pocket, stunning the CB along that long rail under the 8 to get on the 12. Then it's a cake walk.

pj
chgo

out.jpg

Last edited:

34YearsOfPlayin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow, you big time boys really need to get over yourselves. If your going to reply, at least read the post. I clearly stated, playing safe behind the twelve, was the best option. I originally found this thread intriguing, now it’s just become tiresome BS, later. Merry Christmas
Have a merry christmas!! I thought that your contributions to the thread were pretty good. I learned a lot from your replies.

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
I apologized once already for the misunderstanding. I skimmed through the thread and you mention playing the 15 in the side, the 10 bank, and the safety options. I hope you can see why I was off track.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyway, if that ball by the foot spot is the CB, then I might look at banking the 14 into the back of the 5 to carom into the corner pocket, stunning the CB along that long rail under the 8 to get on the 12. Then it's a cake walk.

pj
chgo

View attachment 579121
The ticky doesn't look makeable and you're all exposed if it hangs.
You aren't going to make the 11 in the side, but let's just say you did, you have nothing left. As most others have said, ducking is the only option.
There are far more treacherous cuts in an average snooker break. I think moving the 10 ball into position is the challenge. It has to stop where the 6 ball won't obstruct breaking out the 14.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
The ticky doesn't look makeable
Then I wouldn’t shoot it. But if it lays right that close to the pocket it can be a high percentage shot with natural shape for the other trouble ball. The wild card is the 5 - what will it screw up when it’s kicked out of there?

pj
chgo

JC

Coos Cues
Cut the 11 in the corner banking the 10 ball back into the 14-5 and hope for a shot on one of the 14 or the 10. Especially if it's a bar box with newish cloth.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

pj
chgo

View attachment 579121
Looks froze but even with some air there's not enough apparent angle for the diagrammed speed. If you're like me you'd hit it harder to make sure. That gives the five a chance to disappear but just as likely, hang or worse come back out and tie up the 10, 11. Positive thing-king you know.

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
ok how about this...:

Play the safe to the top right corner (near 12) by spinning off the the 14 with haf ball contact. Second rail just above the 1 ball. Hard enough to reach the corner. The goal isn't park the CB behind the 12. Just to make the back cut on the 12 as difficult as possible.

This would clear the 5 from the corner and put the opponent in a touchy spot

btal

Registered
Looks like some people need better screens...lol 1 ball is clearly by itself up the long rail. The cue ball is near the foot spot.

Stripes are screwed from where the CB lays. You could try the miracle 10 bank carom off the 5, but I'd bet against Alex or Efren on making that the first try.

Smart shot is a safe. Glance off the 15 one rail between the side pocket and the 1 ball. Leave it top rail in the corner. The only available shot for solids would be the cut on the 6. Everything else is covered or un-makeable from there.

If the opponent is world class or making everything then I'd probably swing for the very low percentage 15 in the side, and pray that I get perfect on the 10 to break out the 14.
Safety for me. Thin the 14 , opening it up. Go 3 rails with cue ball passing the one. Then to back rail then side rail. Leaving the cue ball possibly behind the 12 - safe either way if you get it to the side rail.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
1 - Pocket 9. Pocket 10 going into the 14/5 and opening them up. Run out.

2 - Play safe off the 10 leaving the cue ball below the 6.

I'd take option 1 because you have a chance to with the game and it's doable.

Protractor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not enough info to say for sure. Since it is not an overhead shot, does the 4 go past the 12 in the corner? If it doesn't I would stick the CB on the short side of the 6 such that Mr. Solids did not have a shot up table and was forced to bank the 5, which might not be a high percentage shot for him and might put the 14 in a useful spot. Even if he drains it his shape is going to be hard for him to predict coming off the 14.

If my safety resulted in a shot at the 4, and it does not go past, it would leave him a safety valve and maybe result in a better position on the stripes. Whether he misses the bank or just goes for a good hit or safety on the 4, I get another turn.

A hero runout is possible but whether that was wise depends on the stakes. If it is first rack of the match and he gets next break, maybe not so much. If Stripes breaks next, maybe so. If it is late in the match, hill/hill, etc. hero runout may not be a great idea.

If I was the one holding the cue I would be able to give a better answer. The table is always hard to judge from a distance at that angle. Ask any commentator that has to sit in the booth and tries to predict what the players are going to do next. ;)